Does anyone remember the name of this book? (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Cause I sure don't. I read it back in year 8, I believe, and it was pretty much a generic teenage-girl-and-her-struggles-with-sex-and-family-and-stuff, as far as I can recall. Except, when she talked about sex, the author hadn't written the word in, she'd put a little sign in that I *think* looked like one of these:

View attachment 14820
(I am a nub with pictures in posts so sorry if this doesn't work)

And she had a boyfriend named Pug! Or was that another book. Or like, she had two boyfriendy characters and that was one of them and he didn't like the other one (which is not particularly surprising) or something along those lines. I may be confusing it with, like, Dear Miffy, cause I read that at around the same time =/

And anyway I just wanted to find that book again because I thought I might enjoy it more now than my underdeveloped 12 year old mind allowed me to at the time :D

So plzzzzz if you remember this book remind me what it was called! It comes back to haunt my brain for days at a time every year or so.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Sorry for the double post but I must bump this! I must find out what book this is! :(

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Nah, that's the Selina/Gordon one that we studied for year 10 english and it bored the hell out of me. Hope I'm not the only one that didnt find that book sweet and inspiring so much as depressing and retarculous :D

stephenchow

HSC
I also read it for Year 10 English. Didnt like it at the time cause I didnt like english too much. But thinking about the book, I'd like to read it again.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
WTF!bbq said:
And she had a boyfriend named Pug! Or was that another book. Or like, she had two boyfriendy characters and that was one of them and he didn't like the other one
Well this part certainly sounds like Magician by Raymond Feist (which ironically there is another thread about right now) - I mean how many books would have a character called Pug lol. But the sex thing definitly isnt Magician, so unless you're getting two books confused, I've no idea

jazzmuzik

HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Cause I sure don't. I read it back in year 8, I believe, and it was pretty much a generic teenage-girl-and-her-struggles-with-sex-and-family-and-stuff, as far as I can recall. Except, when she talked about sex, the author hadn't written the word in, she'd put a little sign in that I *think* looked like one of these:

View attachment 14820
(I am a nub with pictures in posts so sorry if this doesn't work)

And she had a boyfriend named Pug! Or was that another book. Or like, she had two boyfriendy characters and that was one of them and he didn't like the other one (which is not particularly surprising) or something along those lines. I may be confusing it with, like, Dear Miffy, cause I read that at around the same time =/

And anyway I just wanted to find that book again because I thought I might enjoy it more now than my underdeveloped 12 year old mind allowed me to at the time :D

So plzzzzz if you remember this book remind me what it was called! It comes back to haunt my brain for days at a time every year or so.
"My Earth My Butt and other big Round things" Carolyn Mackler
dunno probably way off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)