Does anyone work at Big W? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I used to do nightfill... god that sucked. It was worse when I was asked to do recovery, though.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
modelzsuck said:
Yeah well i asked for 23 and 24th of december off so i could work in my mums shop(where i get $13/hour not $9) and they said no because it is the xmas period. Its fucking bullshit, i mean im casual, can they really do that?
apparently they can kylie.. i asked for 3 weeks off because i have to go into hospital for minor surgery and it got denied.. and barbara went off her nut at me..

also, apparently if u are under 16 and casual, they have to give you time off because ur parents still have full guardianship of you or something so u have to be where they are, but apparently when ur over they dont have to give you the leave.

but yeah im pissed off cause i didnt get my leave.. stupid big w

Idyll

HSC
modelzsuck said:
Yeah well i asked for 23 and 24th of december off so i could work in my mums shop(where i get $13/hour not $9) and they said no because it is the xmas period. Its fucking bullshit, i mean im casual, can they really do that?
Well, ultimately, because you're a casual, your obligations to them are basically the same as their obligations to you. i.e. nothing.

you can up and leave in the middle of a shift if you like, but don't expect any warm and fuzzy feelings when they're doing the rosters ;)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
modelzsuck said:
In short, no, they can't do that.
And it is because of the fact that you are a casual that they can't do that.
I'm not sure how Big W works, coz I'm working with Coles Myer, not Woolworths Ltd but at our store the managers who do the rosters keep diaries to write your name in on days that you can't work. The same goes for KFC where I'm working as a casual.
Your manager cannot deny you the right to
1. have any day off
2. if you have found someone to do a shift that you are rostered on because you can't do it.
also, because you are casual, you do not have to give a reason at all. Always remember that.

Also, if you're ever in doubt and you're a member of your union, SDA, ring them, they're there to help.

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
oolovell said:
Isnt it called like, sympathetic leave or something if you have to go into hopital/funeral e.t.c

its called compassionate leave and i dont think it covers hospital.. u need a medical certificate for that.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
natstar said:
Hey im at woolies ...(
hey natstar i want to transfer to woolies aftyer i finish my traineeship in about a years time but im scared that since im only trained at checkouts (and i think they have the same system at bigw and woolies) that i will have to work at registers @ wolllies and scan trollies and trollies worth of stuff...

is that true? do ppl come through the registers with shitloads of stuff that you have to scan then your back aches etc etc?

at big w of course you have some ppl with heaps of stuff but usually they usually dont buy that much stuff. its usually clothes too

*sigh* isnt there any nice bludgy jobs around where you get paid for nothing?

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
yeah well i put my unavailability form in five weeks before(they ask for three) and they still said no, they havent even done the rosters yet so i really dont see what the fucking problem is.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
hey natstar i want to transfer to woolies aftyer i finish my traineeship in about a years time but im scared that since im only trained at checkouts (and i think they have the same system at bigw and woolies) that i will have to work at registers @ wolllies and scan trollies and trollies worth of stuff...

is that true? do ppl come through the registers with shitloads of stuff that you have to scan then your back aches etc etc?

at big w of course you have some ppl with heaps of stuff but usually they usually dont buy that much stuff. its usually clothes too

*sigh* isnt there any nice bludgy jobs around where you get paid for nothing?
woolies isnt that bad..i work there
yeah u get big trollys of stuff but its just grocerys..
not like your lifting bricks..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
modelzsuck said:
yeah well i put my unavailability form in five weeks before(they ask for three) and they still said no, they havent even done the rosters yet so i really dont see what the fucking problem is.
yeah i did the same thing.. now barbara hates me cause i swore when i was told my leave was declined. pff god i hate her.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
natstar said:
those big coke can packs are soo heavy tho
yeah but we got barcodes for them and the bags of soil and the things of water..
its like a barcode keyring you just scan it and they leave it in the trolly
except for the stupid customers who put like all their coke and that on the conveyer belt then its heavy to carry

tennille

HSC
I work at Big W. A checkout chick!!! Been working there for a year and a half.

soha said:
yeah but we got barcodes for them and the bags of soil and the things of water..
its like a barcode keyring you just scan it and they leave it in the trolly
except for the stupid customers who put like all their coke and that on the conveyer belt then its heavy to carry
We have those keyring things as well. But it takes too long to find the thing you want so I just use the hand scanner. Much quicker.

tennille

HSC
The worst things are the express lanes at Big W. The customers dont realise that it's 3 items or less, so you have to keep on telling them that. I think we need an alarm to go off every time a customer goes through with more than 3 items.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
natstar said:
yeah same at woolies. My woolies had renovations done to it and hadent put the light up at express that said 12 items or less. And this lady came to the express with a big trolley full of stuff, and she thought express meant the checkout operators were fast ones, not that u can only bring 12 or less items. I mean its common sense tho.
lol thats funny
people think its ok just as long as u can cram whatever in a basket u can cum thru
once i had like 46 items..
i was like geez

stace212

_Bushra_ said:
yeah same at my bigw! im usually on the express and these customers come through and i have to tell them to go away or the manager starts to yell at me not to mention other customers behind that customer.
Ur kidding?! We arent allowed to say anything to the customers that bring thru a huge trolleyfull of items, if we do and they complain, we get i heaps of shit... we just put up wit it and if the next customer whinges we put up wit that too!!!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
at woolies we have this code to follow
its C-A-R-E
which stands for customers are always right
i hate it..especially the customers that know it
i had a lady going on about how the price was wrong and customers are always right
its annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)