Does cramming work? Tell your stories and experiences. (1 Viewer)

Darth_UNSW

HSC
It helps if you've studied it to some extent at an earlier date. That way when you cram you're like, "oh yeah, I remember this."

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I crammed all the time. I crammed for legal and managed a 93, 89 for business, 88 for modern for trials. If you study effectively you'll get greater marks. I could cram because I understood the content and kind of questions they asked. The only part that will stuff you up may be the essays because it's more difficult to remember specific syllabus dot points and the details that get you the marks.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Cramming works. But a consistent work throughout the year + cramming would provide you with a better result.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects do you guys believe you can cram?

(Apart from Maths cause you obviously cant cram for the subject)
chem/physics/maths 2unit

And maths 3unit to certain extent.
4unit you can't cram.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You wanna hear a good cramming story. Ok. Setting the scene. Its the last week of HSC exam block, I have 2 exams within 3 days. Biology (monday) and geography (wednesday). Knowing that my internals were crap, I chose to neglect geography and gun for a good bio mark (doing 12 units, so geo wouldn't count). So prior to the biology exam (ie for the past 7 weeks) I had done no geography study. come Tuesday, the day before my geo exam, I knew I couldn't cram in 1 year of the course within a one day period. Within the geography syllabus there are 3 topics, all of which I neglected to study that day. I instead decided to wing the exam, and memorise two essays for the hsc extended response section, which I predicted would be the question. so essentially each essay covered 1 dotpoint from two of the 3 topics, and hence at this given time I only had knowledge of around about 3% of the whole geo course. after several hours of rinse and repeat memorisation I had fully remembered these two 20/20 essays word for word. but other than that I was screwed for the rest of the paper. come the day of the exam. during reading time, I first flicked to the back of the paper. and guess what, the questions I predicted and memeorised for, were not the questions. I begin muttering swear words underneath my breath and I am full face palming right now. so when I saw these different extended response questions I knew I was mega fked. and on top of this, I knew nothing about the other content within the paper, as the only study I did was remember two essays for two specific dot points. and so. basically I neglected the questions in the extended response and spilled out the two essays I remembered even tho they didn't answer the question and were on entirely different dotpoints. and further more for the short response questions, as I didn't know the content I had to make up utter bullshit. and so, I came out of the exam thinking I would have gotten a mystery mark equivalent <30. come day of hsc results, I got 89 hsc mark.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)