• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

polomolo

HSC
yeh thats why people love reading harry potter books and especialy the book of lieing myths da vinci code....because they think its so short. no because its something telling them ' OOH GUESS WHAT THERES NO GOD '
you simply dont read this because your too scared its going to convince you. and if it doesnt, then ur finished. haha!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
god was a man.

he had a family.

this is true eh?

and um. there's no god. it's all science. according to my science teacher.
that being said, im a protestant.

polomolo

HSC
littlewing69 said:
Dude...you were ranting. I almost felt the spittle through the intertubes. Edit it down, punctuate and capitalise, and cut all the crap, Tolstoy. Then people might read it.
look just admit it, you are going to complain at all the styles that i write this in, it doesnt work that way mate, its not that easy to be a christian, for everything to be so easily set out for you to just accept it. its not a recipe to make a piece of cake. and plus 'might read it' pfft i dont care if you don't, i'm just happy i did my job as a christian to try and show you what to do with your life, just like another christian did to me when i was in a lost stage.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
kay, its enough.
i usually avoid getting into arguments such as this thread's title because people are so uptight and so stuck to their own opinions that they push away any piece of advice or teaching that comes their way,
Pot, Kettle, Black.

see if people have decided to listen for once. then i saw the amount of dirty swearing was being projected towards GOD, and i'm just sitting here laughing at the amount of pain you will recieve because GOD will not stay quiet about it.
So people have been 'sooooooo' offensive by swearing that it gives you the right to sit back and gloat while you think about their eternal suffering? That's kinda psychopathic.

Now I'm asking anyone here, ESPECIALLY those who have been discussing this question with no results over and over again, since the 13th of December last year, to please just leave the forum, because you obviously don't want to learn,
Couldn't I say the same towards those that DO believe and haven't changed their minds? I mean, I'd probably be more justified... they have at least a stake in believing what they do whereas I really do wish I was wrong.

and that is because you have blocked everything coming in your mind on this subject from christians, this is the nature of humans, once you convince yourself of something, it is very hard NOT IMPOSSIBLE but extremely hard to get around it to the opposite side of the argument,
Yes, this is a problem for all sides in a heated debate.

IF you are willing to listen to christian teaching and take it as an advice for your life then please either continue to ask questions here without backfiring with your own opinions and irrelevant thoughts that run in your mind,
So listen and don't question? I'm more than willing to listen to christian's beliefs with an open mind... but they have to be willing to listen to my criticisms with the same openess or it's just not going to work.

DO THIS NOT WITH YOUR STUBBORN ATTITUIDE, BUT WITH A WILLING HEART TO LEARN!!!!! DO NOT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE BUT WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU, DO NOT THINK OF WAYS TO PROVE THEM WRONG AT EVERY SENTENCE THEY SAY, BECAUSE THAT SHOWS YOUR ABSOLUTE IMMATURITY, AND UNWILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT THE RIGHT ANSWER.
It's not immature to question what you're told... and well we don't know if your answer is the right answer - If we thought it was, we wouldn't need to ask questions.

now for those who have been going through this forum for a long time, or even a short time, it is now that you should realize that you have been incorrectly disciplined, either by your parents' actions or sins or by your own sins, the further you go on this path, you will lead yourself to destruction.
How have I been incorrectly disciplined? To criticise what others say? To look at the world around me and examine it as best I can with the knowledge I have?

This is what happens to humans.
Jesus knocks on your door, if you open it and believe that it is Jesus and let him in, and prepare a meal to have with him and share your home with him for the rest of your life, you will have eternal life. and let me tell you ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE. i'm putting it in a simpler way, but it is VERY VERY HARD to become a christian, if you think you can cope with hard stuff, and you think you can go forever please join the club. otherwise forget it now!.
If I could believe, then I think I'd be happier. It's much more painful to live life knowing you, your loved ones are drifting towards nothingness and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

All of us will have Jesus knocking on our doors for a long time, and some of us will allow him in and have do all that the above says. but others will say how do i know its really you and look through the little hole in the door called 'NO FAITH? LOOK HERE' and you will see NOONE!. and you will say, BUT WHAT IF ITS NOT YOU! I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE! and he will say, I am the son of God, allow me into your home and believe that I am the one, and i assure you that you will feel my presence immediately. you simply say, my science teacher has taught me that there is no God, so why should i believe you, she is a very smart 'human being' who has researched all her life to find that the world has been created with a big bang in space and all the particles came together to form the world and then we evolved from monkeys.
So if I dress up in a ballaclava and go to your house, knock on ur door with a baseball bat in my hands saying 'It's jesus! LOL' you'll answer the door?

Sigh... I'm not going to respond to any more of your incoherant, arrogant spiel. Use caps less, insult people less, be open to other opinions more and write less to get simple concepts accross - I could shorten your entire 1000 word article there into 4-5 dot points.

polomolo

HSC
umm...i cannot stop perspective, but that doesnt mean that the knowledge i'm writing about is created by my own perspective, it is what i've learnt through the years of christianity. every chrsitian will gain this knowledge from one perspective when they read the bible, and when they study it and discuss it, they will learn from other perspectives of people, but it will be from the same knowledge.

polomolo

HSC
'So listen and don't question? I'm more than willing to listen to christian's beliefs with an open mind... but they have to be willing to listen to my criticisms with the same openess or it's just not going to work.'
yeh thats right. when your in a thread concerning a subject that i may know about more than you because i have obviously studied it more than you have, you 'listen' to what i say, and learn. you dont go in class at school and stand up during the science class and be like, miss i dont believe in atoms, first of all she doesnt care less, just like i dont, and all she wants to do is teach you something, just like i do. so if you want to learn something, learn, please dont teach me, because in this particular subject, i have more experience as a christian to know about God than someone who isn't christian, which i believe your not.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yeh thats right. when your in a thread concerning a subject that i may know about more than you because i have obviously studied it more than you have, you 'listen' to what i say, and learn.
I'd listen to you no matter what level of education you had especially if you constructed your arguments nicely.

you dont go in class at school and stand up during the science class and be like, miss i dont believe in atoms, first of all she doesnt care less, just like i dont, and all she wants to do is teach you something, just like i do.
It is extremely arrogant for you to claim you have knowledge of God's existance at the same level as a science teacher has knowledge of the existance of Atoms. Also, if I did not believe in atoms, Id hope she'd have proofs for me - Give me your proof for God please. I believe in atoms because it's been proven to me that atoms exist, not just because an authority figure said that they do, if you opened up your science text book a little more I'm sure you'd find that most do explain what proof we have for their existance.

because in this particular subject, i have more experience as a christian to know about God than someone who isn't christian, which i believe your not.
So when are you going to start explaining why I should believe God exists? I'm sorry but I'm not just going to take your word for it because you say you know and you're smarter then me, that's not good enough.

Last edited:

polomolo

HSC
'How have I been incorrectly disciplined? To criticise what others say? To look at the world around me and examine it as best I can with the knowledge I have?'

No, when you are incorrectly disciplined, you have not been grown up with a christian discipline, and thus it has resulted in you to lose self control, this results in you sinning and not being aware of things concirning christianity, because you grow up in a non christian environment and it makes it much harder for you to get closer to God.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No, when you are incorrectly disciplined, you have not been grown up with a christian discipline
How is christian discipline the best discipline? Also, I was baptised and raised as a catholic - Attending weekly chapel and going to a christian school.

this results in you sinning and not being aware of things concirning christianity,
The most knowledgable of christian's sin... those raised in the most 'christian environment's sin - And I am aware of things concerning christianity.

because you grow up in a non christian environment and it makes it much harder for you to get closer to God.
It's true, those that grow up in muslim police states really do seem to have almost no chance to believe in the christian god - do they? How lucky of you to have been born into a country that is predominantly christian.

polomolo

HSC
i never said i'm smarter than you.

and i never put myself in the same level of a science teacher, a science teacher studying christianity for 3 years and me studying christianity for 3 years would give us the same level of knowledge about God. so if a science teacher told you that God existed, would you believe her? just because she is 'educated in science'
and the science teacher wouldnt have proof for atoms to exist, because she cant hold it and show you, but she can show you what forms atoms create.
I as a christian dont have proof of God's existence because he is so mighty and perfect that you would die if he appeared infront of you (go check it out in the bible it says it right there) but i can just show you what he has done for you, by creating this earth, and by sending his son so you will be saved. if you dont except Jesus, you will really experience God's unexistence and realize how much of a difference it is.

Again, i can only show you one place that you can go and check out the accurate answers to your questions, and that is the bible, stop asking people about it. you do it yourself. get in the habit of reading things and accepting them.

polomolo

HSC
catholic churches are not very successful in bringing out children who are christian, i am from an orthodox church, which is another branch from the catholic church, I dont know about all the churches, but my church and many of my friends catholic churches do not have faith and strong christian foundations flowing in their churches, and also they are very weak in growing youth. thats why evangelical churches have made youth centres that use new generation attractions and Music to pull these children towards them and to help them out in their life.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i never said i'm smarter than you.
Ok then "have more knowledge than you in this area".

and i never put myself in the same level of a science teacher, a science teacher studying christianity for 3 years and me studying christianity for 3 years would give us the same level of knowledge about God.
Yes, if you both had equal intelligence, worked equally as hard etc etc...

so if a science teacher told you that God existed, would you believe her? just because she is 'educated in science'
No.

and the science teacher wouldnt have proof for atoms to exist, because she cant hold it and show you, but she can show you what forms atoms create.
Err no... We can prove things by other means than by seeing them, however we can get a decent 'visual' picture with some very expensive electron microscopes.

I as a christian dont have proof of God's existence because he is so mighty and perfect that you would die if he appeared infront of you
Do you have proof that that is the reason you don't have proof for his existance?

(go check it out in the bible it says it right there)
Why should I believe the bible?

but i can just show you what he has done for you, by creating this earth
How can you prove he created this earth?

and by sending his son so you will be saved.
How can you prove that this happened?

if you dont except Jesus, you will really experience God's unexistence and realize how much of a difference it is.
But to accept jesus I need proof, my mind isn't going to waver on this, it won't let me.

get in the habit of reading things and accepting them.
Errr no... I'll accept them if they have the evidence.

catholic churches are not very successful in bringing out children who are christian, i am from an orthodox church, which is another branch from the catholic church, I dont know about all the churches, but my church and many of my friends catholic churches do not have faith and strong christian foundations flowing in their churches, and also they are very weak in growing youth. thats why evangelical churches have made youth centres that use new generation attractions and Music to pull these children towards them and to help them out in their life.
Doesn't all that seem like.... brainwashing?

polomolo

HSC
i'm sorry, but you are not aware of maaany things about christianity, maybe you should read the bible. this is where the answers to all your questions lie.

i have lived my life for about 18 years in a muslim country, my mother has been a missionary who goes around and preaches the word of GOD to muslims, and trust me, it is much easier to make muslims christians than to make christians (by name) christians.
My father has worked for 20 years in the bible society overseas, and he has encountered thousands of muslims to walk in the store and buy multiple bibles, and they come back with great thanks because they have been saved.

so please dont feel sorry for muslims, leave them alone, feel sorry for yourself first.
as you said, your lucky to be in a christian country, there have been nations of christians that have been threatened to be worn out in muslim countries. your in a chrsitian country and your here arguin with a christian that all he wants is your peace in ur life. like seriously why do you think i'm sitting here typing for hours, i have many other things to do, but i really want you to go and search things for yourself without being so stubborn.

polomolo

HSC
'Err no... We can prove things by other means than by seeing them, however we can get a decent 'visual' picture with some very expensive electron microscopes.'

'Do you have proof that that is the reason you don't have proof for his existance?'

your just twisting things around, stop having doubts that i'm being truthful to you.
and there is no way that you will be able to look at God, get over that, i have said in my article that Jesus said to believe in what is unseen, because what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is everlasting. we havn't seen God, nor have we seen the kingdom that he has prepared for us. this earth and its pleasures will come to an end because it is what we see. i'm going to repeat. it is not easy to become a christian. dont expect to 'get a decent 'visual' picture with some very expensive electron microscopes.' thats just being unfaithful, because its not going to work that way. sorry

polomolo

HSC
Doesn't all that seem like.... brainwashing?
if you think its brainwashing its up to you, but this is what the world has come into, a stage where nothing works with them but to go on and get the methods of technology that the world has created to attract the new generation.
in the early days there wasnt such a thing as worshiping with rock music and hard drum rolls, because people were satisfied with what was there like an organ. but now days young people are attracted to the technology available and are not going to sit in church and sing and worship with an organ. it is not brainwashing it is attracting the new generation.

lengy

HSC
You'd think that we haven't heard your silly arguments before after 3768 posts and successfully debunked everyone of them to the point where another one of you theists ranting on about your so called 'god' is an opinion generally laughed at behind your back whilst you go on your little campaign to pathetically try to defend you religion. You want arguements worth reading read up on Kfunk's posts which are objective and have more substance in one sentence than you can throw with one thousand. Theistic noob.

polomolo

HSC
"But to accept jesus I need proof, my mind isn't going to waver on this, it won't let me."

the proof is there in your heart when you accept it and open the door for jesus. if you read my long text, i have said that when you let jesus in, he will reaveal all things to you.
i'm sorry this is how it works. you have to through yourself into it, no dont picture it as something that you might regret doing, because you will regret not throwing yourself into it when the day comes.

polomolo

HSC
mate, whey did you get into the thread if your uninterested, the thread is called "does god exist?" so i'm answering questions in that topic, if your so sick of reading so many threads and obviously havnt gained anything out of it, then you have blocked year ears and arn't allowing anything to come through, so simply stop reading.

and i am not defending my religion, because it is not a religion, it is a relationship between a human being and God, i am introducing people to this relationship, and if you do not except it, your bad i really dont care, so dont go and become offensive at me and call me a noob or watever you're saying, just because i'm not encouraging what you believe in doesnt mean you have the right to swear at me. just simply stop reading what i type, its obvioiusly not for you.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Yeah and people have a right not to listen to you spout your religious propaganda with threats of hell and dangling rewards of eternity bliss with your 'Bible' as source of evidence.

polomolo

HSC
another thing, you havn't debunked anyone!, when a christian starts typing to you, its jesus knocking at your door, and when they go away its when you reject jesus, so he continues knokcing and thats when others show up, and this is going to happen all the time. untill you either accept jesus finaly, or you face God and would have to sit there and be punished for every knock that you rejected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)