Does God exist? (7 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

BradCube

HSC
I'm wondering why we seem to be under the impression that Christianity says the earth is 6000 years old, and was created in a literal 7 days. As far as I can tell, this is not a position that even most Christian apologists hold today. Certainly I do not.

This is because the Hebrew word for "day" has three literal definitions: 12 hours, 24 hours, or a long period of time. With this in mind, I don't see how young earth creationism is necessary for Christianity at all.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Maybe my faith isnt as strong as it should be.
When people die , i miss them. That they are happy in heaven doesnt console me much , im selfish , i just want them with me.
Maybe you just hope it's true... and don't really believe it, maybe that's what "faith" really means, hoping something's true but not believing it... just really, really wanting it and wishing you could actually believe. The reason I'd say it doesn't console you is because as loudly as you'll profess to believe in an afterlife, you don't really believe in it at all, you just really wish it were true and think it's a good idea.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Maybe you just hope it's true... and don't really believe it, maybe that's what "faith" really means, hoping something's true but not believing it... just really, really wanting it and wishing you could actually believe. The reason I'd say it doesn't console you is because as loudly as you'll profess to believe in an afterlife, you don't really believe in it at all, you just really wish it were true and think it's a good idea.
Does believing something mean you never question it? Or have doubts?
And no. I dont feel worried at the plight of those that die generally. I just wish they werent dead, because i miss them.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
That isnt very Christian of you.
Well it is not sinning to say that is it. All i said is that i dont care what he thinks of me in other words.

Get over it!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Well it is not sinning to say that is it. All i said is that i dont care what he thinks of me in other words.

Get over it!
Well that sounds very sinful.
I like how you try and define what you think is a sin.
Telling me to get over it? Again, doesn't sound like something a true Christian would say.

You're a fake.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Well that sounds very sinful.
I like how you try and define what you think is a sin.
Telling me to get over it? Again, doesn't sound like something a true Christian would say.

You're a fake.
Sin is rebellion against God, Not caring what the world thinks of you is not sinful.

I am not a fake.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
27 "But I tell everyone who is listening:
Love your enemies.
Be kind to those who hate you.
28 Bless those who curse you.
Pray for those who insult you.
29 If someone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other cheek as well. If someone takes your coat, don't stop him from taking your shirt.
30 Give to everyone who asks you for something. If someone takes what is yours, don't insist on getting it back.

19 Do you still think it's enough just to believe that there is one God? Well, even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror! 20 Fool! When will you ever learn that faith that does not result in good deeds is useless?

So emytaylor, what good deeds do you do?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! 42 I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; 43 I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me.' 44 Then they will answer him, "When, Lord, did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and we would not help you?' 45 The King will reply, "I tell you, whenever you refused to help one of these least important ones, you refused to help me.' 46 These, then, will be sent off to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life."

So does this mean that atheists who donate their time or money to charities, or atheists who halp people are eligible for heaven?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)