Does God exist? (10 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My favourite bit:

"Or a better example- M.C. Escher's famous picture of a hand drawing a second hand, which is drawing the first hand. While the system appears to make sense when taken as a whole, it completely disregards the laws of physics, as the erroneous bible argument must disregard the scads of evidence which we have gone through in this letter."

The fact they compare an artist who intentionally dealth with infinity and impossible constructions to the bible is pretty telling.

X

xeuyrawp

want2bdifferent said:
read the website I posted in the previous page

going to lunch
It's on this page for me... Refer to posts by number, repost the info, quote it, or something.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
4- The universe created itself/was created from nothing (mind-blowingly retarded)
I think this is a likely option

If anything that can happen will happen (one possible interpretation of QM, the many-worlds interpretation) then there's no reason why eventually a universe couldn't spontaneously form

we already know virtual particles spontaneously form and disappear everywhere

if the net energy of the universe is zero it could happen without violating known physical laws

we don't fully understand dark matter/energy or gravity itself yet, and they could help account for the observed nature of this universe

basically if there's no time then everything that could exist, would exist (beginning time in each of infinitely many universes) and we might just live in one particular universe that's conductive to the formation of galaxies, stars, planets and of course life

or maybe not :D

X

xeuyrawp

Riet said:
My favourite bit:
My favourite bit:

ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE

[...]

By ignoring tradition altogether, biblical archaeologists were able to look at the biblical account and discovered that Moses did indeed cross the Red Sea- just in a different location that previously thought. It was in the Gulf of Aquaba, the northeast arm of the Red Sea. There, they found a gently sloping beach where, were the water forced back, a large number of people would be able to walk across. Upon examining this area, they discovered a strip of coral, which occurs nowhere else in the entire Gulf of Aquaba. This coral is growing in formations which look strangely like *gasp!* Egyptian chariot wheels and axles! And made out of gold, which neither rots not harbors coral, and thus has been preserved to this day, a golden wheel, which could only have come from the chariot of a Pharaoh. How do you suppose that got there?
a) Lol at 'by ignoring tradition altogether'...
b) Lol at citing Rob Wyatt's stuff. That immediately loses credibility imo.
c) Lol at gold chariot wheel. Can you imagine having a chariot wheel made out of gold?

I forgot how funny all those Exodus theories are.

Mojohi

HSC
"THOROUGH TESTING
Through the years, scripture has endured testing that would have broken any other document. To this day, no one has ever been able to prove any part of it false. The best anyone has done is take passages out of context. I am reminded of Carl Segan quoting a passage in Psalms. "He sits enthroned above the circle of the Earth." Segan argues that the Earth is a sphere, not a circle. Thus, the bible contains error, thus, the entire thing is false. Mr. Segan, I'm sorry to say, was an idiot. First, Psalms is a book of poetry and does not have to be literal. Second, show any child a beach ball and ask them what shape it is.
But not everyone is like Segan. There are those who applied hard logic to the task. In fact, there was a long series of men who tried, one after the other, to take the bible down. Every one of them, without exception, received Christ as saviour before he was done. The most notable of these is Josh McDowell, who has become a champion of the scriptures and creator of the bible-based Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts". None of them ever found a single error."

So thats a bit from the website for those who didnt see it. How about Barbara Thiering?? Not a single error??

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Mojohi said:
"THOROUGH TESTING
Through the years, scripture has endured testing that would have broken any other document. To this day, no one has ever been able to prove any part of it false. The best anyone has done is take passages out of context. I am reminded of Carl Segan quoting a passage in Psalms. "He sits enthroned above the circle of the Earth." Segan argues that the Earth is a sphere, not a circle. Thus, the bible contains error, thus, the entire thing is false. Mr. Segan, I'm sorry to say, was an idiot.
On the other hand, he probably could spell his name correctly :D

X

xeuyrawp

Mojohi said:
How about Barbara Thiering?? Not a single error??
She's pretty crap, imo. I'd stick to stuff on that website which is obviously BS.

X

xeuyrawp

Riet said:
Can you imagine a horse trying to pull a chariot made of gold?
I'm still stuck on imagining a wheel made out of gold. =/

Egyptian gold has a Mohs hardness of something like 2-2.5. =/

Mojohi

HSC
PwarYuex said:
My favourite bit:

c) Lol at gold chariot wheel. Can you imagine having a chariot wheel made out of gold?

And how about the entire destruction of the Pharoahs army. Shouldnt that be in Egyptian history? And 600 000 slaves leaving Egypt. Shouldnt that be in Egyptian history? And what about 600 000 people roaming in a desert for years. Shouldnt there be evidence?

There is one civilisation more meticulous at recording history then the Hebrew people... Egyptians.

Mojohi

HSC
PwarYuex said:
She's pretty crap, imo. I'd stick to stuff on that website which is obviously BS.
Yeh i know she isnt entirely reliable. But she does have some plausible errors in the bible. And surely everything she says isnt entirely false. She makes an attempt at understanding the impossible. Like Revelations.

Mojohi

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Suppose we accept that the bible is 100% historically accurate. This still doesn't prove the unsupported claims that there is a god and that Jesus Christ was his son.

I could just as easily produce a text that is completely accurate in terms of facts that could be tested. If I then make outlandish claims about me being a god, does this therefore mean that I should be believed?
Of course you shouldnt be believed. In the bible it does present evidence. Someone is raised from the dead, a blind person is made to see, and Jesus turns water into wine earlier on.

I place my trust in a dead person, a blind person and drunk people at a wedding any day. Im not trying to make a stab at dead people...but i tried to get one to make testimony, he wasnt very reliable.

Mojohi

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
No it says that those things happened. Where is the corroberating evidence that shows they should be believed?
I see what you mean.. "This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true." Thats at the end of John

HSC
PwarYuex said:
My favourite bit:

It is saying it is not taking tradition into consideration when it is researching.
The Gold thing, why wouldn't they be made out of God we are talking about the pharoh after all.

HSC
PwarYuex said:
what makes it BS, you want evidence i give you evidence and then you say it is BS.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
want2bdifferent, I think you need to realise that -

If after rigorous experimenting, if A isn't true then that doesn't necessarily B MUST be true. Especially if theres other possiblities such as A,B,C,D,etc. etc. This is applicable to broad "experiments" such as the proof of God's existance.

PS. I'm still waiting for your evidence of "miracles" occurring.

Mojohi

HSC
want2bdifferent said:
It is saying it is not taking tradition into consideration when it is researching.
The Gold thing, why wouldn't they be made out of God we are talking about the pharoh after all.
Yeh the Pharoah. Ramsese. Every single person in his Egyptian army is said to die. "Not one of them Survive." funny how that isnt mentioned in Egyptian history

HSC
tommykins said:
want2bdifferent, I think you need to realise that -

If after rigorous experimenting, if A isn't true then that doesn't necessarily B MUST be true. Especially if theres other possiblities such as A,B,C,D,etc. etc. This is applicable to broad "experiments" such as the proof of God's existance.

PS. I'm still waiting for your evidence of "miracles" occurring.
yeah had computer issues and majors to work on too, i am using this as a break, I will get to it.

HSC
Mojohi said:
Yeh the Pharoah. Ramsese. Every single person in his Egyptian army is said to die. "Not one of them Survive." funny how that isnt mentioned in Egyptian history
why would egyptains record that if it is going to be embarrasing for them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)