Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
If you do not believe there is proof for a God, then logically there would be no proof for a spiritiual realm at all right?

So can we agree that you don't believe there is a spiritual realm?
What do you mean by a "spiritual realm"?

BradCube

HSC
davin said:
light and dark meaning what, exactly? as in a force of good and a force of bad?
its more that it seems generally a vague term so its difficult to say if one believes or not
Sorry I should have classified more. By darkness and lightness, I am reffering to about the battles that goes on between good and evil. For example, angels and demons.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
Sorry I should have classified more. By darkness and lightness, I am reffering to about the battles that goes on between good and evil. For example, angels and demons.

What?

davin

HSC
N/A
alright, in which case, if you mean angels and demons......no, not at all. thats far more involved than i think most would define spiritual to be. or at minimum, most that aren't religious

Patchy

HSC
transcendent said:
I'd be more inclined to believe in God when he explains why the Holy Bible or Qu'ran is full of inconsistencies and what purpose he created us for, even if it is for a stupid reason.
I'd like some sort of example of these so-called 'inconsistencies' so we that believe are able to at least refute your argument.

Patchy

HSC
withoutaface said:
The qu'ran says the sun is powered by oil, for example.
I have no belief in the quran...I am a Christian.

davin

HSC
N/A
k, bible says the earth is 6000 years old, i believe. give or take.

transcendent

HSC
N/A

BradCube

HSC
davin said:
k, bible says the earth is 6000 years old, i believe. give or take.
Would you like to point out the exact verse in scripture that says this? The fact is it does not say that at all. That number has been created by research dating as far back as we can see human life existing. This does not mean to say that the earth is 6000 years old at all. The only way you could reach that conclusion is if you are a 7 day creationist and believe that the world was created by God in a literal 7 days.

Most christian academic's do not hold to this belief. If you want to start saying things like "bible says the earth is 6000 years old" please research what you are saying first.

davin

HSC
N/A
well, there is the denial of evolution, both in general, and in regards to mankind.... i believe those coming from where god creates all the animals and also mankind in genesis, i'm less sure of if there's later parts of scripture that delve further

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Some errors:
  • Leviticus 11:6 states that rabbits chew their cud.
  • Leviticus 11:20-23 speaks of four-legged insects, including grasshoppers.
  • 1 Chronicles 16:30 and Psalm 93:1 state that the earth is immobile; yet it not only revolves and orbits the sun but is also influenced by the gravitational pull of other bodies.

and contradictions:
  • In Genesis 1, Adam is created after other animals; In Genesis 2, he appears before animals.
  • Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23 differ over Jesus's lineage.
  • Mark 14:72 differs from Matthew 26:74-75, Luke 22:60-61, and John 18:27 about how many times the cock crowed.
  • 2 Samuel 24:1 and 1 Chronicles 21:1 differ over who incited David to take a census.
  • 1 Samuel 17:23,50 and 2 Samuel 21:19 disagree about who killed Goliath.
  • 1 Samuel 31:4-5 and 2 Samuel 1:5-10 differ over Saul's death.
  • The four Gospels differ about many details of Christ's death and resurrection (Barker 1990). For example, Matthew 27:37, Mark 15:26, Luke 23:38, and John 19:19 have different inscriptions on the cross.
  • Matthew 27:5-8 differs with Acts 1:18-19 about Judas's death.
  • Genesis 9:3 and Leviticus 11:4 differ about what is proper to eat.
  • Romans 3:20-28 and James 2:24 differ over faith versus deeds.
  • Exodus 20:5, Numbers 14:18, and Deuteronomy 5:9 disagree with Ezekiel 18:4,19-20 and John 9:3 about sins being inherited.

BradCube

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Some errors:
  • Leviticus 11:6 states that rabbits chew their cud.
  • Leviticus 11:20-23 speaks of four-legged insects, including grasshoppers.
  • 1 Chronicles 16:30 and Psalm 93:1 state that the earth is immobile; yet it not only revolves and orbits the sun but is also influenced by the gravitational pull of other bodies.

and contradictions:
  • In Genesis 1, Adam is created after other animals; In Genesis 2, he appears before animals.
  • Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23 differ over Jesus's lineage.
  • Mark 14:72 differs from Matthew 26:74-75, Luke 22:60-61, and John 18:27 about how many times the cock crowed.
  • 2 Samuel 24:1 and 1 Chronicles 21:1 differ over who incited David to take a census.
  • 1 Samuel 17:23,50 and 2 Samuel 21:19 disagree about who killed Goliath.
  • 1 Samuel 31:4-5 and 2 Samuel 1:5-10 differ over Saul's death.
  • The four Gospels differ about many details of Christ's death and resurrection (Barker 1990). For example, Matthew 27:37, Mark 15:26, Luke 23:38, and John 19:19 have different inscriptions on the cross.
  • Matthew 27:5-8 differs with Acts 1:18-19 about Judas's death.
  • Genesis 9:3 and Leviticus 11:4 differ about what is proper to eat.
  • Romans 3:20-28 and James 2:24 differ over faith versus deeds.
  • Exodus 20:5, Numbers 14:18, and Deuteronomy 5:9 disagree with Ezekiel 18:4,19-20 and John 9:3 about sins being inherited.
Before I answer back to some of these straight away, I will do a complete amount of research, and get back to you about it in full. It could take me a while though, so bare with me.

BradCube

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
HAHAHA, you've got nothing.
Actually I have answers to quite a few already, but I would rather be able to talk about all at once, rather than spread out posts where I update it slowly. Fair?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MicroSoft said:
1 Chronicles 16:30 and Psalm 93:1 state that the earth is immobile; yet it not only revolves and orbits the sun but is also influenced by the gravitational pull of other bodies.
Actually depending on your point of reference, it is.

Patchy

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
1 Chronicles 16:30 (New International Version)

30 Tremble before him, all the earth!
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.

Psalm 93:1 (New International Version)

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

As you can see it is talking about the world...and not the Earth.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Patchy said:
1 Chronicles 16:30 (New International Version)

30 Tremble before him, all the earth!
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.

Psalm 93:1 (New International Version)

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

As you can see it is talking about the world...and not the Earth.
So the core of the world is inert?
So the world in which they stand are not in anyways being shifted, even ever so slightly, by the magma underneath?
So there are no such things as earthquakes?

BradCube

HSC
If that was a serious response, you are in no way actually looking at what the verse is saying.

In regards to a response straightaway, I will give you one:

" Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23 differ over Jesus's lineage."

While the are both different, it is not because they differ over his lineage but because they trace the geneology to different people. Matthew traces it back to Abraham, while Luke traces it back to Adam. Refer to this link for more information:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-genealogy.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)