Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Hajime

HSC
Hajime said:
Now isn't that a little harsh? They are trying to discuss this... Failing on an agreement... But trying nonetheless!
But I do agree with your idea that they can be put together.

Hajime

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
But it's shit like that that leads to a misrepresentation and then allows creos to attempt to find 'flaws' in evolutionary processes.

It's just noise that detracts from the discussion
Yes, but you teach them... Not criticise.

mophead

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Holy fuck there are retards on both sides of this argument not representing science and evolution correctly.

What is the go.

Evolution isn't more likely because it's 'finitely complex' evolution is an examined and extrapolated method of natural development.

*facepalm*
I didnt explain
Intelligent design can mean, everything proved by reason and science is true but God made it like that. there are a couple of interpretations but thats the core.

I was refuting that idea because evolution by itself is more likely because it is complex in a finite way. im skipping through pages 1-774 here so im arguing as i see them, im new to this.

As to your statement, " evolution is an examined and extrapolated method of natural development." yes thats true but it doesn't disprove God. i meant evolution by itself, as opposed to divinely inspired evolution, which while not disproving god at least shows that his odd are slim if not quite none

And thanks Hajime for cooling him down and thanks Miles for making me explain myself better

Last edited:

Graustein

HSC
mophead said:
Occams Razor disproves god
An omnipotent being is simple in theory but infinitly complex in practice. Evolution is finitly complex
therefore Evolution more likely

And if he does exists then why do we see upside down?? that makes no sense! he desinged us so the we see upside down and then have to interpret it as right side up? oh yeah, thats an all knowing and all good being
Occam's Razor disproves nothing. It states that, all other factors being equal, we should accept the simpler theory. It says absolutely nothing about which theory is the correct one.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Looks like the people arguing with me are also arguing with each other.
So many different veiwpoints for the one idea.

It's simpler arguing on your own.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Holy fuck there are retards on both sides of this argument not representing science and evolution correctly.

What is the go.

Evolution isn't more likely because it's 'finitely complex' evolution is an examined and extrapolated method of natural development.

*facepalm*
And where am i not representing science correctly??

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
And where am i not representing science correctly??
And i never said i was against evolution, i just said that there is little to no conclusive proof.

mophead

HSC
Occams Razor says that the all things being equal the simplest one is more likely
all im saying, is that God is the least likely circumstance

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
And i never said i was against evolution, i just said that there is little to no conclusive proof.
Which is entirely incorrect.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
mophead said:
Occams Razor says that the all things being equal the simplest one is more likely
all im saying, is that God is the least likely circumstance
I like the bringing of proven logic into the agrument.
For what reason is God less likely? Because evolution is finitely complex?? It's not really.
All the species and subspecies of the earth, and beyond, all possible ancestors and possible decendants. Seems almost infinitly complex, due to the infinite nature of time, and the infinite nature of future possibilities.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Kwayera said:
Which is entirely incorrect.
Conclusive, experimental evidence.
No-one has witnessed evolution in progress, fossils have not proven anything conclusive thus far, and there are no other methods that have been clearly defined to me.

undalay

HSC
So no reply to me proposal that an omnipotent god and free will cannot exist?

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Kwayera said:
Warrior of "evil"ution
also, i'm not saying evolution is evil. I am one of the fringe elements that can agree to the fact that God may have used Evolution as a part of the creation process. There are many things that people pass off in the early chapters of Genisis as fact, while they may be symbolic.

mophead

HSC
time is infinte, earths timeline, not so much,
and you, like so many others, fail to grasp concept of infinit. as in without end.
the gods of the three monotheisms and more besides are all supposed to be inifinte as opposed to everything else.

Look, Uluru. Seems infinite. Hasnt changed in all this time. But its not infinte and it has changed. its apperance doesnt refelct its actuality
same with evolution. I cant grasp it fully. i get the basics but just how many subspecies and random mutations....escapes me. doesnt mean it is infnite. God is infinite. ask any christian jew muslim shintoist.....etc

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
Conclusive, experimental evidence.
No-one has witnessed evolution in progress, fossils have not proven anything conclusive thus far, and there are no other methods that have been clearly defined to me.
You really can't see the forest for the trees, can't you?

If you can't be bothered to go through and read what we've given you, then kindly cease spouting nonsense about what you obviously don't understand.

We have more proof for the systematics and processes of the theory of evolution than we do for the theory of gravity.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
undalay said:
So no reply to me proposal that an omnipotent god and free will cannot exist?
There was, but some bitch flicked the switch on the computer halfway through typeing cause they didn't want me on the computer.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
also, i'm not saying evolution is evil. I am one of the fringe elements that can agree to the fact that God may have used Evolution as a part of the creation process. There are many things that people pass off in the early chapters of Genisis as fact, while they may be symbolic.
In which case the symbolism is entirely flawed and thus pointless as an "analogy".

mophead

HSC
What about Sodom and gomorrah freelancer? was that symbolic? the exodus? Noahs Ark? Samson? The miracles of jesus.....Christianity?
i could get christiainty as a symbol....

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
mophead said:
time is infinte, earths timeline, not so much,
and you, like so many others, fail to grasp concept of infinit. as in without end.
the gods of the three monotheisms and more besides are all supposed to be inifinte as opposed to everything else.

Look, Uluru. Seems infinite. Hasnt changed in all this time. But its not infinte and it has changed. its apperance doesnt refelct its actuality
same with evolution. I cant grasp it fully. i get the basics but just how many subspecies and random mutations....escapes me. doesnt mean it is infnite. God is infinite. ask any christian jew muslim shintoist.....etc
I am a christian. I beleive in God's infinite power and wisdom. I also don't think that he micromanages the universe. Thus, he allows us free will, but still has a plan for the way our lives should turn out. He knows whether or not it does, but doesn't force us to follow it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)