• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Ryuichi-Zero

HSC
cookie.banana said:
BYE MR JAMES

and ummmm no i don't think he does exist

*lightening bolt strikes my seat*
Lols, So that's what happens if you say he dosn't exist.

*get's shocked by random lightning bolt*

Hajime

HSC
cookie.banana said:
BYE MR JAMES

and ummmm no i don't think he does exist

*lightening bolt strikes my seat*
Lol! I don't think god exists either...
(3 lightning bolts strike mine!)

HSC
For fuck's sake this isn't your personal conversation thread. Take it to MSN or something.

Ryuichi-Zero

HSC
Hajime said:
Lol! I don't think god exists either...
(3 lightning bolts strike mine!)
I didn't say anything and got stike by lightning... owell random things aside, I also think god is what you beleive in.

Hajime

HSC
veloc1ty said:
For fuck's sake this isn't your personal conversation thread. Take it to MSN or something.
Take it to your face! I'm sorry. I ran out of comebacks back in 1432... Proof god does not exist!

Hajime

HSC
A theory is an idea put forward that will often be questioned by other scientists. If it cannot be proven wrong, it will become a law.

HSC
Hajime said:
A theory is an idea put forward that will often be questioned by other scientists. If it cannot be proven wrong, it will become a law.

T_T

We need a new subject.

HSC
Interesting. I just recieved a pamphlet from two girls who came to the front door. They weren't dressed formally and the only hint that the pamphlet they gave me was Jehovah's Witnesses oriented was tiny writing on the back page that said "Printed by Watchtower". New tactics? When was the last time you got a religious doorknocker?

Hajime

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Interesting. I just recieved a pamphlet from two girls who came to the front door. They weren't dressed formally and the only hint that the pamphlet they gave me was Jehovah's Witnesses oriented was tiny writing on the back page that said "Printed by Watchtower". New tactics? When was the last time you got a religious doorknocker?
I get them regularly... And from that same, annoying magazine... Mum takes it and slams the door in their face now.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Hajime said:
NO. WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Some people think that in science, you have a theory, and once it's proven, it becomes a law. That's not how it works. In science, we collect facts, or observations, we use laws to describe them, and a theory to explain them. You don't promote a theory to a law by proving it. A theory never becomes a law.

This bears repeating. A theory never becomes a law. In fact, if there was a hierarchy of science, theories would be higher than laws. There is nothing higher, or better, than a theory. Laws describe things, theories explain them. An example will help you to understand this. There's a law of gravity, which is the description of gravity. It basically says that if you let go of something it'll fall. It doesn't say why. Then there's the theory of gravity, which is an attempt to explain why. Actually, Newton's Theory of Gravity did a pretty good job, but Einstein's Theory of Relativity does a better job of explaining it. These explanations are called theories, and will always be theories. They can't be changed into laws, because laws are different things. Laws describe, and theories explain.

Dude, year 12 English, lol.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Dear God,

Your son, the Lord Jesus Christ, has been absent once again for going on near 770 000 days. I fear that his persistent truancy will result in him receiving a zero for his attendance and participation marks this term (your last letter explaining his participation by proxy abstraction of being "in our hearts" does not constitute either concrete attendance or tangible participation). His covenant with me to return to class has not yet occurred, although it has been promised each day for the last 770 000 odd days ever since he went on our field trip to Calvary to visit the anthropology museum of Golgotha. I have no choice now but seriously to recommend either remedial instruction or that he is held back this year yet again. His proposed final term project, "the Golden Kingdom and the defeat of all evil" is still late, and frankly I am becoming increasingly impatient with his lack of effort. Even one of our other problematic students, the Whore of Babylon, has been able at least to show positive signs of her project entering into the beginning phases.

boris

Banned
HSC
Atleast someone here isn't a complete fuckstain

Edit: referring to kwayera

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I really don't get how the simple concept of a scientific theory and the simple concept of a law and the simple (but fundamental) difference between them can be gotten wrong, again and again - on both sides of the argument!

:mad:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
EbonyTW said:
Dear God,

Your son, the Lord Jesus Christ, has been absent once again for going on near 770 000 days. I fear that his persistent truancy will result in him receiving a zero for his attendance and participation marks this term (your last letter explaining his participation by proxy abstraction of being "in our hearts" does not constitute either concrete attendance or tangible participation). His covenant with me to return to class has not yet occurred, although it has been promised each day for the last 770 000 odd days ever since he went on our field trip to Calvary to visit the anthropology museum of Golgotha. I have no choice now but seriously to recommend either remedial instruction or that he is held back this year yet again. His proposed final term project, "the Golden Kingdom and the defeat of all evil" is still late, and frankly I am becoming increasingly impatient with his lack of effort. Even one of our other problematic students, the Whore of Babylon, has been able at least to show positive signs of her project entering into the beginning phases.
lol.
Apparently his original promise for attendance was within the lifetime of his 12 original classmates. They've been dead for 2000 years now.

EDIT: Mark 9:1 and 13:30

EDIT EDIT: I forgot Matthew 23:36

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
I dont get how the simple concept of the everyday use of the word theory is used out of context again and again

pinkyforce7

HSC
johnne said:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queensland/priest-sex-abuse-case-unfortunate/2008/11/06/1225561016034.html
He taught at my school and we all knew and loved him.
If there is a god he has a lot of explaining to do as to why so many of his representatives do this sort of thing. It's happened so much it's not even funny to make bad priest jokes.
i vote catholic traditions are to blame here. most churches let their priests and shit have wives. cathlics dont. thats my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)