Does God exist? (7 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Because death hurts, we are naturally abject to change and we know nothing else.

Lukybear

HSC
Because death hurts, we are naturally abject to change and we know nothing else.
Thats ultatimately very bleak view of the world. But do you actually have such an iview? Or is the idea of having such a view of the world satisfying?

Lukybear

HSC
why should anyone put their beliefs in something which has no foundational evidence to support it? you only have to look at the numerous mutually exclusive religions and belief systems around the world to know that 'faith' fails miserably. im personally more careful with what i believe to be likely or unlikely because i know how easy it is for humans to get something wrong, especially when emotions are involved
I dont think, that even if i give you historical evidence, of Jesus' existence, you would believe it.

Also, please explaint to me how Christianity, which is based on faith "fail?"

It is good to be cautious in this day and age.

And also, emotions does not carry you closer to God.

Ak0ona-Matata

HSC
We don't know, but we're not afraid to admit our lack of knowledge.
Are you suggesting that we are afraid of admitting our lack of knowledge?
I"m not a very religious person but I simply don't understand how some one can be so positive of the non-existence of something.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Thats ultatimately very bleak view of the world. But do you actually have such an iview? Or is the idea of having such a view of the world satisfying?
I do have such a view, and yes, it is satisfying. But it doesn't mean that i don't like my life or am waiting anxiously for it to end.
Although, from sheer intellectual curiosity, I am fascinated by the concept of an end to life and mostly I just don't look forward to any pain or leaving my friends, family and any unfinished books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)