• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Religious people are credulous, and to me, that counts as willful ignorance, which in most cases is idiotic.
From our side, youre willfully ignorant

so ner

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Literalists are idiots. But very few Christians are lieralists. If they were, Christendom would be stoning adulterers and crucifying homosexuals.
I don't think Christians don't stone adulterers because they're not literalists, but rather beacuse jesus abolished these laws (or something).

When you talk about literalists in terms of genesis, I'd say the majority of Christians worldwide at least interpret it at least somewhat literally. I mean, 63% of Americans don't accept evolution, for example.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I don't think Christians don't stone adulterers because they're not literalists, but rather beacuse jesus abolished these laws (or something).

When you talk about literalists in terms of genesis, I'd say the majority of Christians worldwide at least interpret it at least somewhat literally. I mean, 63% of Americans don't accept evolution, for example.
I don't trust statistics. Tell me who did the study, why and, more importantly, what the question asked was. If you can't, then your point is invalid.

Cisco-Kid

HSC
Literalists are idiots. But very few Christians are lieralists. If they were, Christendom would be stoning adulterers and crucifying homosexuals.
What does it matter if I do or not? Your arguments are still fallacious, nonetheless.
believing the assumption of gods existance is being a literalist to me...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
believing the assumption of gods existance is being a literalist to me...
Literalist being believing every letter of the Bible as truth. I.e., world was created in 6 days, homosexuals and adulterers should be stoned, etc..

Cisco-Kid

HSC

that was under the jewish law but it was much too hard to keep. is why jesus came; to do away with the old law, to fix the mistakes of a god whos "perfect."
which is even further bullshit cause god would know (if he were all knowing) that we would have trouble with it and written it in a way for all to understand.

Tatecress14

HSC
It’s Ridiculous!
In today’s society, yes it might be.
Everybody has their different point of view, some more influenced by others, but!
It’s still different; No one tells us what to think. We all think no matter what age, little toddlers might not acknowledge what they are thinking but it shows in their feelings. Ever wonder why a toddler stamps and screams for a toy or a desired event? It’s not because they want it, it’s because they want you to feel the need for why they want it, which leads to the reason of why we need to explain ourselves.
Some chapter in JOB shows that why God doesn’t explain himself, God doesn’t care for all the different views and opinions that the common human being does or doesn’t say or do. They say God is greater for this. My opinion is no God is not greater than human beings for one simple reason, The Bible, we created it, now your thinking the bible is just a book, The bible is much more than a book, The Bible explains hope, fear, knowledge, wisdom and imagination.
Every few years the bible changes, like the New Testament. But for the one fact that everything revolves around the bible, religion, heaven, hell, all types of different religions that we decide if this is the best view of how you as a individual would like it, we gives ourselves titles. Don’t blame them for changing the bible, all the laws revolve around the bible, do not commit adultery and do not steal, Etc, all these are in place to have the feeling that something is greater than us.
I believe that we as human beings are our own God.
“Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.”
The Bible is our way of life, as we evolve the bible evolves, and it’s not likely to change.
Luke.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It’s Ridiculous!
In today’s society, yes it might be.
Everybody has their different point of view, some more influenced by others, but!

It’s still different; No one tells us what to think. We all think no matter what age, little toddlers might not acknowledge what they are thinking but it shows in their feelings. Ever wonder why a toddler stamps and screams for a toy or a desired event? It’s not because they want it, it’s because they want you to feel the need for why they want it, which leads to the reason of why we need to explain ourselves.
Some chapter in JOB shows that why God doesn’t explain himself, God doesn’t care for all the different views and opinions that the common human being does or doesn’t say or do. They say God is greater for this. My opinion is no God is not greater than human beings for one simple reason, The Bible, we created it, now your thinking the bible is just a book, The bible is much more than a book, The Bible explains hope, fear, knowledge, wisdom and imagination.
Every few years the bible changes, like the New Testament. But for the one fact that everything revolves around the bible, religion, heaven, hell, all types of different religions that we decide if this is the best view of how you as a individual would like it, we gives ourselves titles. Don’t blame them for changing the bible, all the laws revolve around the bible, do not commit adultery and do not steal, Etc, all these are in place to have the feeling that something is greater than us.
I believe that we as human beings are our own God.
“Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.”
The Bible is our way of life, as we evolve the bible evolves, and it’s not likely to change.
Luke.
I read this three times, and I still couldn't make anything sensible out of it. What the hell was your point?
Please try to use proper grammar and proof-read your work before posting.
Also, why is it centred and in a different font? That's just unnecessary and makes it more difficult to read. And why did you sign your name at the end? That was pointless too. We don't give a shit what you're called.

Tatecress14

HSC
I read this three times, and I still couldn't make anything sensible out of it. What the hell was your point?
Please try to use proper grammar and proof-read your work before posting.
Also, why is it centred and in a different font? That's just unnecessary and makes it more difficult to read. And why did you sign your name at the end? That was pointless too. We don't give a shit what you're called.

Mate, if you have trouble reading that maybe you should wear glasses.

I was simply explaining my point of view, isn’t that what this thread is about?
Why even post a thread if you don’t want people’s thoughts.
And on second thought does it matter if I tell you my name or not? my post obviously made you confused so maybe you should try reading it again.

Luke.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Mate, if you have trouble reading that maybe you should wear glasses.

I was simply explaining my point of view, isn’t that what this thread is about?
Why even post a thread if you don’t want people’s thoughts.
And on second thought does it matter if I tell you my name or not? my post obviously made you confused so maybe you should try reading it again.

Luke.
I did.
And then again.
Still to no avail.
Which was my point.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i agree with moll.

your post was all over the place and i was just waiting for your point

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Okay my point was...
"I believe that we as human beings are our own God."

In which the whole post explains why i think that way.
,I have to go to work, cya.

Luke.
So your entire post and all it's mumbo jumbo boiled down to the last line? Why not just say that?

gurusson

HSC
i have a Question i wanted to ask.

Why Does God Want Us To Worship Him?

ok so you believe that he exists, and that he created us in someway or another. But why would he "test" our faith or make us go to church and prey.
God promises forgiveness with faith, he does not make us go to church or prey. these just help with a healthy relationship with him. whilst god cannot be proved as this would defy the whole point of the matter as pointed out by douglas adams in his description of a babel fish, some people find life easier and more fufilling with a religion to follow. it can give one a sense of purpose and ultimatley, it has the best possible reward you can think of, religious people have longer life spans on average. also as christian, you get eternal life in heaven at the end of it all as well, if the thought ofn that doesn't cheer you up, what will.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
God promises forgiveness with faith, he does not make us go to church or prey. these just help with a healthy relationship with him. whilst god cannot be proved as this would defy the whole point of the matter as pointed out by douglas adams in his description of a babel fish, some people find life easier and more fufilling with a religion to follow. it can give one a sense of purpose and ultimatley, it has the best possible reward you can think of, religious people have longer life spans on average. also as christian, you get eternal life in heaven at the end of it all as well, if the thought ofn that doesn't cheer you up, what will.
Humanism.
Cynicism.
Nihilism.
Realism.
Buddha.
Clowns.
Family.
Friends.
Popping zits.
Sex.
Drugs.
Charity.
Intellectual challenges.
Masturbation.
Money.
Christmas.
Hitting someone annoying.
Revenge.

Any more?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
i agree with moll.

your post was all over the place and i was just waiting for your point
Well it wasn't really all over the place. It was centered.

Cannot understand how this thread has gone on for 900+ pages. If you believe in God, you don't need to defend yourself. If you don't, like me, I will let you believe what you like if it makes you feel better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)