• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
The first is much worse if you are not given the option to ignore the order.

How is the second option authoritarian at all? I can suggest that something might be a good idea without imposing my willl on others.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
because youre introducing emotional guilt in the second one? It's less honest. It's a much harsher form of coercion imo :eek:

HSC
because youre introducing emotional guilt in the second one? It's less honest. It's a much harsher form of coercion imo :eek:
...?

Could you be any more hypocritical?

And surely people should feel guilty if they are doing immoral things :confused:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i'm sure i dont know what we're talking about

sufficed to say that i am concerned for your mental and moral health sp:eek:
(goodness me)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
how dare you

i'm talking about everyday interactions, not celestial bodies guarding divine truth

that's like saying "I'm a god bc the church talks about God"

HSC
Iron said:
how dare you

i'm talking about everyday interactions, not celestial bodies guarding divine truth

that's like saying "I'm a god bc the church talks about God"
:rolleyes:

It always strikes me as retarded that you would be willing to worship a deity that practices the very behaviour you dislike in mankind. Surely even if this God did exist, the courageous thing to do would be to challenge His Tyranny.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
why's that so shocking?
I dont like the behaviour in man bc it's not man's rightful place to build himself as a god? The 'tyranny' is just a reality of our inferiority compared to He that created all. Just bc you dont like the rules, or are losing, is no reason to try and flip over the board imo

HSC
why's that so shocking?
I dont like the behaviour in man bc it's not man's rightful place to build himself as a god? The 'tyranny' is just a reality of our inferiority compared to He that created all. Just bc you dont like the rules, or are losing, is no reason to try and flip over the board imo
Sure it is. If God created a society that is unjust or harmful in particular ways, we have every right to call Him up on this.

Your willing subordination is most feminine dearest Iron

motherfocaccia

HSC
N/A
Sure it is. If God created a society that is unjust or harmful in particular ways, we have every right to call Him up on this.

You fetishise pokemon, you're the consummate example of an effeminate male

HSC
Ahh yes, but unlike Iron I am not a misogynist and therefore do not care whether I am judged to be feminine.

motherfocaccia

HSC
N/A
Ahh yes, but unlike Iron I am not a misogynist and therefore do not care whether I am judged to be feminine.
He's free ladies. Has been living with his parents for approximately 22 years, owns a complete set of every Pokemon card and spends his leisure time downloading and printing images of Persian to adorn the walls of his masturbatorium. What a catch!

HSC
He's free ladies. Has been living with his parents for approximately 22 years, owns a complete set of every Pokemon card and spends his leisure time downloading and printing images of Persian to adorn the walls of his masturbatorium. What a catch!
I am interested in no lady bar Kwayera :shy:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Where does this idea come from? What right have you to question a creator? From what basis do you infer that God created the society in which his creations live? How do you assign blame to him for our own short-comings and failure to live up to His instructions?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
These are pictures!

This is NCAP!

ekjnrfiwenrvfijncpawnefajergfaojgj

erjngfwiernwier

HSC
Where does this idea come from? What right have you to question a creator? From what basis do you infer that God created the society in which his creations live? How do you assign blame to him for our own short-comings and failure to live up to His instructions?
I agree with you that God didn't create the society that we live in. This is true of all societies that have ever existed and will ever exist in the future. Given that social realities are created by humans, it is best to ensure that existing social orders are subjected to the most thoughtful and critical interrogation possible.

It is difficult to argue with you without resorting to the fact that I don't believe God exists. :santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)