• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Can I entice you to the Catholic Religion with my offer of a free supply of magazines?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
We need to create a whole new thread where we grill Iron on the issues

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
We need to create a whole new thread where we grill Iron on the issues
Nah, this thread's good enough for that.

Iron, you're beginning to sound far too much like these people:
FSTDT Random Quotes

But Christina, the whole reason I want to read the magazines is to expand my knowledge of the contemporary and scientific world. This would put my readings at odds with the necessary Catholic readings.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Ah lollll

Molls Website thingy said:
One question can destroy Atheism

Can nature create more powerful Computer by itself than human?

Human brain created Computer, does NATURE have BRAIN to create human?

If answer is yes then that NATURE is God and he also can communicate.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
.: Iron wins :cool:

Good Friday, bos

Recall the supreme sacrifice given in your name
It was done out of eternal love for you, as if you were the only one alive
Ponder this act, reflect on our sins and seek out the Truth and Life, the good the beautiful

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
.: Iron wins :cool:

Good Friday, bos

Recall the supreme sacrifice given in your name
It was done out of eternal love for you, as if you were the only one alive
Ponder this act, reflect on our sins and seek out the Truth and Life, the good the beautiful
I shall recall the sacrifice of the lamb I am going to eat today.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
My mum told me to avoid eating meat today, and only have fish (she and my dad have gone on holiday for a week). I responded "Why? I'm not Christian." And she was like "It's a good habit to get into in case you ever have Christian friends over for lunch, you might offend them. I've accidentally done it before, and since then I always serve fish on Good Fridays."
You reckon this is an acceptable stance?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
My mum told me to avoid eating meat today, and only have fish (she and my dad have gone on holiday for a week). I responded "Why? I'm not Christian." And she was like "It's a good habit to get into in case you ever have Christian friends over for lunch, you might offend them. I've accidentally done it before, and since then I always serve fish on Good Fridays."
You reckon this is an acceptable stance?
We have a friend who only eats fish, no red meat or chicken (ever), and every time she comes over for dinner she brings her own fish to cook alongside our main meal. We rarely have fish as a main meal as my father is fatally allergic to seafood (which means my poor mother and I only get it when he goes away).

If we have Christian people over for lunch around Easter, either they eat what we are serving (usually lamb, especially on Greek Easter), or they bring their own. Simple as that. We don't go out of our way to offend religious friends, but just as we don't abstain from serving ham at Christmas lunches where our Jewish friends are invited (not that we celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday anyway), we don't bend over backwards to not offend them.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Be sure that you do, missy

Take note of your moderator's example and attend mass, receive communion today, people

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world
Have mercy on us

Have mercy on us

Grant us peace

xo

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I ate fish today at my grandmothers. This is the sacrificial Lamb:

And

Close up of his face

It's a biscuit, nonna made it herself.

Lukybear

HSC
Iron why is it that you do not eat meat on good friday, i have never understood why catholic's do this even when i used to be catholic i did not understand why.

I personally dont know the exact reason. But i think its similar to fasting? Correct me if i am wrong Iron.

The point of fasting is for the feeble feeling of hunger that is acquired when food is not taken. It basically reminds you of God, and depending on the purpoes of the fasting usually someother reminder. I.e. if its for sin, then it reminds you of your sin.

I dont actually do it, so i am not a expert, but thats what my Youth leader told me.

Anywas, i think in the same way, seafood reminds catholics of Christs reserection. If not, then you all got some knowledge about fasting.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So the Stations of the Cross today, right? At the 12th Station, where the Cross was fixed, we were saying our prayers and whatnot, when this stray dog presented itself. It was filthy and a little mad, but it did something interesting; it made its way through the crowd and up the little mound where the cross was, and lay at its base in silence and reverence. It stayed in this place for maybe 10 mins, until the thing was over.

Later our Priest claimed this as a miracle and referred to some medieval tale of a half-starved mule when, upon release to a field, instead lay down before the Church altar for some time. He also evoked the same stillness and respect that the barn animals showed during the birth of Christ

It was plain to anyone that what the dog did was highly unusual, but would you call it a miracle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)