Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Drsoccerball

HSC
I just want to know whether the bible and the quran share the words of the old testament? I'm not interested in semantics.
Some ideas are the same but the quran has no contradictions or scientific errors and has never been changed etc...I doubt the words would be the same since they are in different languages:p
But like i said its not copied or stolen...Its revealed from God

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I just want to know whether the bible and the quran share the words of the old testament? I'm not interested in semantics.
Old Testament is part of Bible but not part of Quran.

Jews just have what composes the Old Testament plus some other writings in some cases that have authority but not necessary inspiration (incl. the Talmud).
Christians, in general, have the Old Testament and New Testament. They view the Old Testament in light of Jesus' life etc. They do not believe the Quran is inspired or true. Some Christians such as Catholics have extra books. But generally that is the limit to what Christians believe to be inspired

Islam follows the Quran and believes it to be true. They believe to some limited degree the Bible, but view as corrupt and thus look at through the Quran. (I think there are also other texts as well called Hadiths but these are viewed also through the Quran, not sure whether they are inspired or not)

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
when muslims try science

Have you heard of Rotational velocity and orbital velocity? What he said made since according to physics. If something such as a plane remains stationary in relative to the centre of the Earth from the planes perspective (since the world is rotating) will see the Earth rotating and if you look down at the earth the landscape is constantly changing... That's what this sheikh is implying...

Drsoccerball

HSC
Claims are made such as "Ancient Greeks knew this 1000 years before the muslims" etc... Give me one nation or tribe etc... that has all their proposed theory 100% correct...
Before quoting make sure the hadith is Sahih (Authentic) make sure its not out of context...Because i've seen some of your posts where you quote out of context...You cannot deny the scientific facts in the Quran... In the Quran there are many words thats can mean multiple things... However there are things clear cut that only mean one thing. For example Alaqah has three meanings and everyone of the meanings suit the verse. It has to be read in context. The Quran talks about the expanding universe etc... In the context its 100% expanding universe since its talking about the universe...

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Have you heard of Rotational velocity and orbital velocity? What he said made since according to physics. If something such as a plane remains stationary in relative to the centre of the Earth from the planes perspective (since the world is rotating) will see the Earth rotating and if you look down at the earth the landscape is constantly changing... That's what this sheikh is implying...
He's saying that the earth does not rotate you fucking idiot

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Before quoting make sure the hadith is Sahih (Authentic) make sure its not out of context...Because i've seen some of your posts where you quote out of context...You cannot deny the scientific facts in the Quran... In the Quran there are many words thats can mean multiple things... .
Read: Words in the quaran can be interpreted as meaning whatever is necessary to maintain the narrative

Drsoccerball

HSC
He's saying that the earth does not rotate you fucking idiot
Do you think you can accomplish your goal by using profanity? It seems he misunderstood the hadith and relativity. However, this does not by any means prove that the scientific facts mentioned in the quran are false... In fact the quran says ask those who know. So for this question the guy shouldn't be asking the sheikh but should ask a physicist or something of that similitude.

Read: Words in the quaran can be interpreted as meaning whatever is necessary to maintain the narrative
No its interpreted as it is with context and not by the nature of the narrative. If something says hadha it means this is or something very similar we can't say it means something that it doesnt just to continue the narrative but however, the words are such that it continues the narrative... If the quran says dont eat pig, it means don't eat pig not "don't eat a policeman"...

braintic

HSC
N/A
(6:12)
"It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe"

(10:100)
"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah"

Of course I had to look this up. But is this not a contradiction?

Drsoccerball

HSC
(6:12)
"It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe"

(10:100)
"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah"

Of course I had to look this up. But is this not a contradiction?
Context...:
And if your Lord had pleased, surely all thos who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers? And it is not for a soul to believe except by Allah's permission; and He casts uncleanness on those who will not understand."

They lost their souls thus they don't believe...
I don't see how this contradicts each other it ?
Ones talking about belief and ones talking about disbelief ?
Note for later:
We believe that this life is a test to see who would do good and who would do bad. Thus we are given different difficulties of tests. Im sure you as a well renouned maths teacher:p can understand that you wouldn't just let all your students get 100 without sitting an exam :p? Because it would be unfair to the guy who studied the most etc...

EDIT: The verse also shows that extremist groups such as ISIS are NOT following Islam."will you then force men till they become believers?" Theres no other scripture on the face of this Earth that says "Killing one innocent human being is like killing the whole of humanity and that saving an innocent human being is like saving the whole humanity" So its really upsetting how people attribute such acts to Islam even though it has nothing to do with it...

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
Context...:
And if your Lord had pleased, surely all thos who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers? And it is not for a soul to believe except by Allah's permission; and He casts uncleanness on those who will not understand."

They lost their souls thus they don't believe...
I don't see how this contradicts each other it ?
Ones talking about belief and ones talking about disbelief ?
Note for later:
We believe that this life is a test to see who would do good and who would do bad. Thus we are given different difficulties of tests. Im sure you as a well renouned maths teacher:p can understand that you wouldn't just let all your students get 100 without sitting an exam :p? Because it would be unfair to the guy who studied the most etc...

EDIT: The verse also shows that extremist groups such as ISIS are NOT following Islam."will you then force men till they become believers?" Theres no other scripture on the face of this Earth that says "Killing one innocent human being is like killing the whole of humanity and that saving an innocent human being is like saving the whole humanity" So its really upsetting how people attribute such acts to Islam even though it has nothing to do with it...
I'm afraid my mind doesn't work in this way. I can't get my mind around this kind of needlessly flowery language - it just doesn't make any sense.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Do you think you can accomplish your goal by using profanity? It seems he misunderstood the hadith and relativity. However, this does not by any means prove that the scientific facts mentioned in the quran are false... In fact the quran says ask those who know. So for this question the guy shouldn't be asking the sheikh but should ask a physicist or something of that similitude.
"the quaran has scientific facts except when it doesn't"

Drsoccerball

HSC
As I said - the language. It is almost like trying to read Chaucer.
Well the Quran is such that in a simple 10 word chapter its has 40 literary devices so i guess you can consider it to have crazy literary value :p It's just part of the miracle of it...

Drsoccerball

HSC
"the quaran has scientific facts except when it doesn't"
Can you stop misunderstanding what i say D:? Theres scientific facts in the Quran. Not all verses are aimed at science thus theres literary value mathematical value etc... It is not a book of "Science" its a book of "Signs"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)