Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

not.addie

HSC
Enteebee said:
She has a 'personal relationship' (or experience, or belief or whatever) with G-d. She considers that the religions she knows of do not accurately represent her understanding of God, so she is not an adherent to any religion.
I dont need to explain it any further, enteebee has said it all.

And about born again Christians? Whats the whole deal then if God 'chooses' the believers. Lukybear you said that if you don't believe than you never will since God decides all of that...are the born agains faking it then or is God working in his miraculous ways?

Lukybear

HSC
Enteebee said:
Is your God an asshole... since it was his choice for me to go to hell? If I created sentient beings and I then treated them like garbage, personally I think that'd make me a monster.
Well, if you since like no tommrow, meaning you had a bad thought, even inconspicous ones. Then you deserve punishment no? Just because His omnipotent, and His expectations is nothing shy of perfect.

Its our choice to go to hell when Adam ate the apple. NO JOKE.

gen1991

HSC
I don't understand how there can be all these religions out there, so certain that what they believe in is right, there can't be this god that adjusts to particular religions, and religion shouldn't be able to "change" as society does, it definately takes away from the credibility...
also if god loves everyone in the world equally... why would he put anybody into hell

Lukybear

HSC
not.addie said:
And about born again Christians? Whats the whole deal then if God 'chooses' the believers. Lukybear you said that if you don't believe than you never will since God decides all of that...are the born agains faking it then or is God working in his miraculous ways?
I did not say if you dont belive, you will never belive.

Since thing is GOD DECIDE ALL. Second thing is we as mere mortals cannot comprehend GOD!! I've never heard born again christians...thats shows how much i know, but remeber GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!!!

Lukybear

HSC
gen1991 said:
I don't understand how there can be all these religions out there, so certain that what they believe in is right, there can't be this god that adjusts to particular religions, and religion shouldn't be able to "change" as society does, it definately takes away from the credibility...
also if god loves everyone in the world equally... why would he put anybody into hell
As a christian, people go to hell because they've sinned, meaning anything from lust, as long as your not perfect. However if you belive in christ, then you get saved. Simple.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
So your saying philosphy is on par with fairies?? Cause skeptism is philosphy, using logic...
I'll keep talking forever troll :eek:

No. Philosophical Skepticism just rejects the idea of 'certain' knowledge or a human's ability to know of 'absolute truths'. I am saying that the notion of God is on par with Fairies if your argument for God is philosophical skepticism. At the same time obviously 'everything' is, but that's why I would begin to propose provisional truths.

To accept philosophical skepticism and not move on from it leaves us entirely intellectually bankrupt, which is simply impossible for a human to accept given the human condition.

2. Well, yes you can, but would YOU belive it?? As I have faith in God? If you said the flying spagetti monster is omnipotent, will it get half of the world worshiping it? Alike Christianity?
No I wouldn't. Why does the fact that you believe it, or many people believe it make you think it's more likely to be true? Fact is there was have been times when there were no christians, when christians were in the minority and now, when christians are (while still the minority) the largest religious group. None of these facts have changed the validity of the arguments put forth in favour of a Christian God.

gen1991

HSC
you don't think thats wrong?
that people can kill and practically do anything they want but as long as they say sorry and repent their sins then everythings fine?

Lukybear

HSC
not.addie said:
I wasn't there then. So how was it my choice?
Well, you've sinned havent you (in respect to christian meaning of sin)? If so then its your choice?

Lukybear

HSC
gen1991 said:
you don't think thats wrong?
that people can kill and practically do anything they want but as long as they say sorry and repent their sins then everythings fine?
Its not for me to judge? There is a God for a reason. He is omnipotent btw.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Lukybear said:
Its not for me to judge? There is a God for a reason. He is omnipotent btw.
Is God omnipotent enough to not exist?

not.addie

HSC
Lukybear said:
Well, you've sinned havent you (in respect to christian meaning of sin)? If so then its your choice?
But I wasn't there when he ate the apple? And wasnt it the eating of the apple that catalysed the 'sinning human being'. If that's the case, why make everyone pay for someone else's decision?

gen1991

HSC
yeah i understand its my choice... but i think the whole idea is pretty unrealistic

Lukybear

HSC
I AM NOTA TROLL!!! + I am very young!!! be nice

Enteebee said:
I'll keep talking forever troll :eek:

No. Philosophical Skepticism just rejects the idea of 'certain' knowledge or a human's ability to know of 'absolute truths'. I am saying that the notion of God is on par with Fairies if your argument for God is philosophical skepticism. At the same time obviously 'everything' is, but that's why I would begin to propose provisional truths.

To accept philosophical skepticism and not move on from it leaves us entirely intellectually bankrupt, which is simply impossible for a human to accept given the human condition.
I cant argue with you, you know so much more then me. Simply put, YOU CANNOT DISPROVE GOD.

Enteebee said:
No I wouldn't. Why does the fact that you believe it, or many people believe it make you think it's more likely to be true? Fact is there was have been times when there were no christians, when christians were in the minority and now, when christians are (while still the minority) the largest religious group. None of these facts have changed the validity of the arguments put forth in favour of a Christian God.
I am not saying for you it does, for me however it is completely different. I see Christians being the largest religious group as the works of God, not that you should see it the same as me.

ALSo before christians, there were Jews.

+I AM NOT A TROLL
Good night

Lukybear

HSC
not.addie said:
But I wasn't there when he ate the apple? And wasnt it the eating of the apple that catalysed the 'sinning human being'. If that's the case, why make everyone pay for someone else's decision?
Do you sin? If yes then is it your choice?

J-Smart

HSC
3unitz said:
i think shes trolling too :lol:
The reason as to why I chose Phaedo is because these are students, if we go into some highly philosophical debate i'm sure they would not understand. By the way Phaedo is the implication of physicalism and dualism, and so is readily used by philosophers.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lukybear said:
I cant argue with you, you know so much more then me. Simply put, YOU CANNOT DISPROVE GOD.
NOR CAN YOU DISPROVE SANTA, except that Santa had its mythological basis in a real person.

nikolas

HSC
Lukybear said:
You cant disprove a Flying spaghetti Monster either, whats your point?

TacoTerrorist

HSC
3unitz said:
would be better for you to bring up decent points, rather than arguments which can easily be dismissed. at the moment you sound like "well i can prove gods existence but you just wouldnt understand"
In this instance it's how much credibility you prescribe to a deity having created the universe etc. For some people it's a lot, but for others it's none, or so little that they believe it didn't happen.

On another note, lot of little fuckwit kids joining the anti-religion atheist bandwagon nowadays with their stupid one-liners: 'lololol spaghetti monster'.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
In this instance it's how much credibility you prescribe to a deity having created the universe etc. For some people it's a lot, but for others it's none, or so little that they believe it didn't happen.

On another note, lot of little fuckwit kids joining the anti-religion atheist bandwagon nowadays with their stupid one-liners: 'lololol spaghetti monster'.
It's actually a good one mate... In the end your religion is no better than the FSM. Even if I were to go as far as to conceed a supernatural, intelligent and personal origin for our universe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)