Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
having this belief in 'god' isn't a bad thing. it gives you hope and motivation i imagine. as long as you're not trying to convert me or other non-believers then all will be well.

i have a deep dislike of the youth groups at uni who go around questioning whether i believe in god or not. and when i say no they start babbling on about how christianity is having a relationship with god and that it's not a religion and how it's the key to happiness and blahhhh blahh blah. that sh1ts me.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Darnie -
tommykins said:
Done all that, no reply.

And I don't think I can lead to 'faith'.

It's like doing a maths question and having 'faith' and skipping 4-5 lines of working to arrive at an answer.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Darnie said:
can you point me to a book (or group of books) that have history of climatic and geometric events from that era?

why does it have to be from that era?
they obviously didn't have the technology or science that we have today.

nottu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why would I believe anything in the bible when it also says there was a talking snake that tried to get two people to eat an apple, and some old frail man somehow got two of every animal on earth into a boat.

nikolas

HSC
nottu said:
Why would I believe anything in the bible when it also says there was a talking snake that tried to get two people to eat an apple, and some old frail man somehow got two of every animal on earth into a boat.
Coz ur not interpwetting it rite deekhed

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
hermand said:
do you not find that demeaning? to be told that no matter what you do, that you deserve hell?

also, isn't the bible not historically true? but supposedly 'spiritually' true?
therefore having no actual evidence that it is true... ?

nottu

Banned
HSC
N/A
nikolas said:
Coz ur not interpwetting it rite deekhed
Oh sorry, I'll read the bible again and try to interpret it properly this time.

EDIT: read it, and from what I've interpreted, by "talking snake" the bible actually means a regular snake that didn't talk, and by a man that gets two of every single animal species on earth, it means that he actually DIDN'T do that, you just gotta interpret it properly fellas.

:cold:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lukybear said:
Here for all you athiests, i found something very interesting on the internet; The Comsmological Arguement on God's Existence...

http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15307

The logic is easy to see with credible SCIENTIFIC information with credible sources stated... If you still cant see it, ill even summarise it if requested...
http://uncrediblehallq.net/blog/?p=44
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/first-cause-argument-debunked-atheism-proven-493098/

etc

HSC
N/A
the argument presents nothing absolute, it is just a set of assumptions. i prefer to make up my own mind on things rather than being 'swayed' by a pile of bullshit.
i am not a victim of the biggest/oldest hypnopaedic epidemic that will forever remain incurable.

Lukybear

HSC
John Oliver said:
You can't just arbitrarily state a postulate.
I am not, merely, that link was arguing for the most probable as shown by science. That the Universe was created by a conscious omnipotent being is more probable then any other SCIENTIFC explanation out there, ie multiverse...

nikolas

HSC
Lukybear said:
did u actually read his full arguement? It argues for the most probable...
Did you read the rebuttals in that very thread?

aliwonga

HSC
I want to ask u a question then:

Do u believe in God? (just be honest~ it will actually get u to think more... :) ) ~ just a though ^^

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
lukybear said:
I am not, merely, that link was arguing for the most probable as shown by science. That the Universe was created by a conscious omnipotent being is more probable then any other SCIENTIFC explanation out there, ie multiverse...
I have no idea how you could assign probability to such a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)