Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lead, kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead thou me on;
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou
Shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead thou me on.
I loved the garish day, and, spite of tears,
Pride ruled my will; remember not past years.

:eek:

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
through the bible, yes
what is god saying here?

Matthew 10:34-37 said:
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."
and here

Luke 12:51-53 said:
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."
im confused. Christians help me!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's about interpreting the significance of Christ's arrival amongst man. If someone chooses comfort, or 'peace' ahead of the decision to follow Christ, then there will be problems in the final judgement.
The point is that Christ should be accepted by everyone. This will likely never be easy

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
My mum signed my school note exempting me from the Religious Seminars.

But I don't know, should I hand it in, or continue going?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
It's about interpreting the significance of Christ's arrival amongst man. If someone chooses comfort, or 'peace' ahead of the decision to follow Christ, then there will be problems in the final judgement.
The point is that Christ should be accepted by everyone. This will likely never be easy
[youtube]5mLOUWl-L-s[/youtube]

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Meh, there's plently wrong with that. Maybe you could state something honestly for once, instead of hiding behind satire

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Why does he need to be modest? We worship him cos he deserves it.
and because we would be etrnally damned to hell otherwise~

(a) If he really wants us to acknowledge his existence and love him, if he wants us to fell that he deserves our love why doesn't he show himself more?
and (b) Why would he be forced to punish us if we didn't? If he sent all evil people to heaven 2.0 rather than hell, they'd be happier, they would love God even more for his mercy and nobody would even notice.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
These questions seem to hinge on the doctrine of free will!

God is everywhere, but you must make the moral choice to accept Him! Feel the compelling power of Christ's story! Bask in his loving embrace, His compassion and mercy!
You have been warned!

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC

God is everywhere, but you must make the moral choice to accept Him! Feel the compelling power of Christ's story! Bask in his loving embrace, His compassion and mercy!
You have been warned!
but we're such imperfect creatures! if his embrace is as loving as you make it out t be, if his mercy knows no bounds, then why are we punished for being merely human?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
but we're such imperfect creatures! if his embrace is as loving as you make it out t be, if his mercy knows no bounds, then why are we punished for being merely human?
Because we are redeemed by the blood of our Saviour! Talk about mercy - a son is sacrificed for our sins, we are offered a second chance to be united with the Lord!
We must choo-choo-choose Truth, not Aevil! We all have the ability and chance to do so!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

You have been warned!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iron again.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
i will suspend my disbelief for a second and say this: God is our father and he's nowhere to be found. People like me have no objection to accept him and love him, but we require more proof, more care than spontaneous believers. The arguments that we are not open to him or that we have to find him or we must take advantage of our free will are bullshit.

Good parents take care of their children. If a child can't find his parents because he's half blind they won't tell him to look harder. They will tell him "over here!"

In a nutshell, if God is sad that I'm an atheist and loves me as much as Christians say he does, why isn't he ringing my dorrbell right now?

Because it'd be really really easy for him to make me believe you know, if he just came down to Earth and popped over to my house, offered me brownies and then talked to me about various interesting things I've always wanted to know, showed me cool stuff and was a generally cool dude, I would certainly love him.

If he explained to me exactly why heaven and hell exist and what the criteria are and if he listened to my objections in a way that made me feel like he cared about my opinion, I would love him even more. But as it stands, God is nowhere to be seen and nowhere to be heard.

Some of his followers tell me that I will go to hell, which I hear is a terrible place. Oh, and I deserve it. Whatever am I supposed to do? :confused::confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)