Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Jesus was a buff, gay and socially-awkward Arab?
Dude, I want in on this form of Christianity.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
(This will be my first non-relevant post in a discussion thread XD).

MY god is a bucket of chicken. From KFC. I'm racist like that.

Not really.

But I could really go for a piece of my god right about now.

philphie

Banned
HSC
damn you, i'm hungry now, and there's a kfc like a 2 minute walk away, but i don't know if it's open

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha a regret i can live with. it looks like a dodgy night tonight

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Well I say yes! Who else can create the Universe with such perfection? And who performs miracles - The God, ofcourse who is never-ending. :)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I know it's difficult to explain miracles but well if you see around yourself, miracles do happen!

pinkyforce7

HSC
Examples or they don't exist.

I used to be theistic. I remember one time I had a few problems on my mind, and I prayed for an answer or advice. I then opened the bible to a completely random page and read the first verse I saw. the verse I read happened to answer and give insight into the exact problem I had.

That experience happened 3 times in one week, about different things.

You can justify the occurrence of such a thing as either a miracle or a coincidence. At the time I thought it was quite miraculous, In retrospect it seems like it could of been a coincidence.

I've heard of lots of things happening. People being healed, protected, raised from the dead etc. from people I trust very closely.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that miracles do occur, or you could just say that alot of coincidences occur.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I used to be theistic. I remember one time I had a few problems on my mind, and I prayed for an answer or advice. I then opened the bible to a completely random page and read the first verse I saw. the verse I read happened to answer and give insight into the exact problem I had.
Your question and the verse please.

You can justify the occurrence of such a thing as either a miracle or a coincidence. At the time I thought it was quite miraculous, In retrospect it seems like it could of been a coincidence.

I've heard of lots of things happening. People being healed, protected, raised from the dead etc. from people I trust very closely.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that miracles do occur, or you could just say that alot of coincidences occur.
once again, specific examples please.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Hey have you ever thought about the human life? The way we get into a living being from dead sperm and egg cells? Don't you think humans themselve are miracles!

I don't know about your religious beliefs. What I believe is Jesus was conceived miraculously. And I know this too many people don't agree with this notion.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Hey have you ever thought about the human life? The way we get into a living being from dead sperm and egg cells? Don't you think humans themselve are miracles!
It's clear from this you have never studied even the most rudimentry biology. It's rather rueful that a person living in 2010 has such a weak grasp upon reality.

I don't know about your religious beliefs. What I believe is Jesus was conceived miraculously. And I know this too many people don't agree with this notion.
You believe this because you were indoctrinated at a young age by your parents, not because you have good evidence.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
It's clear from this you have never studied even the most rudimentry biology. It's rather rueful that a person living in 2010 has such a weak grasp upon reality.

You believe this because you were indoctrinated at a young age by your parents, not because you have good evidence.
It's not quoted from a Biology book, dude. I am writing what I read in Quran and Bible.

And I didn't mean sperm cells to be dead that way. I'm only relating to their nothingness before fertilization.

Let's take this verse from Quran:

Verily! It is God who causes the seed-grain and the fruit-stone (like date-stone) to split and sprout. He brings forth the living from the dead, and it is He who brings forth the dead from the living. Such is God, then how are you deluded away from the truth? (Sûrat Al-An’âm- verse 95).

Last edited:

pinkyforce7

HSC
Your question and the verse please.
lol. I don't remember you annoying fuck.

So far you haven't proven anything in any of your posts regarding theism/atheism. You may want to actually develop some form of argument rather then making widely uneducated assumptions concerning the topic and then demanding evidense when you, yourself have provided none.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
lol. I don't remember you annoying fuck.
How convenient! How can something as significant as that simply slip your mind?

So far you haven't proven anything in any of your posts regarding theism/atheism. You may want to actually develop some form of argument rather then making widely uneducated assumptions concerning the topic and then demanding evidense when you, yourself have provided none.
I shall say this quite plainly.

Why don't you.... look back at the few pages on this thread and then post instead of popping your head in randomly and claiming that god exists simply because of: (1) a few alleged (might I also add UNPROVEN) "miracles" or (2)the fact that a random page you turned to in the bible actually answered a troubling question you had (complete rubbish IMO).

Or ... why don't you grow up and stop relying on some 2000 year old story book to tell you how you how you should live your life.

ggrrace

HSC
Does God exist?
Choose to believe ... or choose to not believe...
or choose the middleground..
maybe you have to see it first to believe it... or maybe you have to believe it first to see it.
maybe faith precedes the evidence.. or maybe evidence precedes faith..
Edit: Choose, get on with your life and reap the fruits of your decision.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)