Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

cloud_berry

HSC
what about a “maybe” option
you can’t prove god exists but you can’t prove they do exist either
you need evidence to prove something doesn’t exist just as you need evidence to prove something does exist

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
@Mbecks05, like @dan964, I am one of the Moderators here on BoS. We contribute our time freely to help students who are approaching / undertaking the HSC. Believe me that if dan stopped doing everything he does, a lot of students would be very disappointed. We allow more robust discussion outside of the subject-focused and school-related sections, but we still ask that everyone try to remain civil and to remember that there is a human being behind every user name. Judgemental comments about fellow users, including about Moderators, are generally unhelpful.

If you disagree with dan's views, feel free to say so. Feel free to discuss your views, engage in debate, but avoid saying things about others that you would not feel comfortable saying if you were face-to-face, or would not appreciate having said to you.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I am not religious but I presume people would go to this length and extent of debate and explaining their views about God because it gives them comfort or affirmation in what they believe and having a safe haven to express their opinion freely allows them to get a lot of stuff out their chests that they might not be able to chat with friends, family or other peers. That's the beauty of the anonymity online because you can say whatever you want (to an extent) and not feel judged or impacted by doing so as you would IRL.

I appreciate the long debates that occur in this thread because it shows that we as people are being able to communicate our perspectives and understand each other. Hopefully people who wish to participate in debates aren't discouraged from doing so.

Last edited:

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
isnt it more just the fact that the atheiests basically won

like, when has religion been a potent influence in western politics since ever, even in america

even global islam is in terminal decline

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes God exists. At least, the creator does.
There is this thing called grace that exists everywhere whether you’re receptive or not to experience it.

I lost my sense of grace the moment my faith wavered in the certainty of the universe, and went down the path of scientific explaining as the sole source of knowledge.

However, no matter what explainations you may have, you still technically KNOW nothing for certain.
Sure, you may know how things happen, but the more you dig, there will never be an answer for ‘why’.

There is so much intention however between every intricate design that exists in nature, so there ultimately is a ‘why’, a grand scheme if you will, even though we may never know it within our life times.

In order to feel grace btw, try the thought experiment, what would it feel like if God was a FACT!

Don’t go about this logically, for that’s only one aspect of intelligence, instead, sharpen your intuition, and experience what it’s like to have faith in things again.

Once you do, it’s obvious that there is more than meets the eye, and I guess we could call ‘that’ God?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)