• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (4 Viewers)

vTr

HSC
yea fkn microsoft makes saturation levels way to high :/

its not like i really payed attention its just that your avatar stuck out like a sore thumb...., in a good way ofcorse ... yea

vTr

HSC
mr_brightside said:
scientists have some evidence to support their theory.
Does the church have any proof that God exists, besides a biased document written supposedly 2000 years ago?

scientists had some evidance to support that that the world was going to end 2 years ago....

nuf said

K

katie_tully

no, no.
dont get scientists and conspiracy theorists mixed up.

Nostrodamus predicted the world was going to end in 2002-2003, not scientists.

Scientists believed technology may go awol, because computers may not know how to deal with a 00 date, but that was fine.

vTr

HSC
katie_tully said:
no, no.

Scientists believed technology may go awol, because computers may not know how to deal with a 00 date, but that was fine.
i was refering to a sientist i read up a while back in a newspaper a scientist calculated that the would would end from some other variables, polution and global warming

sorry if im not making sence im tired as :p

vTr

HSC
were running off topic here, its still not the case scientists have been wrong and they probably will be wrong in the future, humans are not perfect...

onto of that, there is lots of evidence of the events in the bilbe actuallu occuring , you must of learned that in school also,

but sure they could be wrong,

im just saying to my knowledge ( which i hope is pretty accurate ), they can not completely prove that other creation theory's or any creation theory's actually occurred,

notice the word completely

everything can be partialy proven some way or another ....

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
katie_tully said:
no, no.

thank u katie_tully.

science is the modern religion.

hundreds of years ago they used religion to justify things they could explain. God made it rain! God sent a flood!

Now we have science to explain things

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, crackpots get the attention of the media far too easily. With the sensationalism of the modern world, it's worth far more to a newspaper to write about why the world is ending in two years than it is to run a story on the latest news in particle physics. Unless, of course, said story is complaining about how much money we spend on so-called "unnecessary research on issues purely of theoretical interest"...

K

katie_tully

vTr said:
were running off topic here, its still not the case sientists have been wrong and they probably will be wrong in the future, humans arnt perfect...

ontop of that there are lots of sientifici evidance that lots of the events in bilbe occured, you must of learned that in school also,

but sure they could be wrong,

im just saying to my knowledge ( which i hope is pretty accurate ), they can not compleatly prove that other creation theorys or any creation theorys actualy occured,

notice the word compleatly

everything can be partialy proven some way or another ....
yes, but thats like me writing a book and saying
"and i observed the boat float"
and then having scientists go out and prove that it can happen. just because they prove it can happen, doesnt mean it did.

if a tree falls in the woods, but nobody is there to hear it, does it make a noise?

science proves alot of what happened in the bible wrong also, and provides answers for alot of the "miricles"

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
katie_tully said:
and then having scientists go out and prove that it can happen. just because they prove it can happen, doesnt mean it did.

if a tree falls in the woods, but nobody is there to hear it, does it make a noise?

science proves alot of what happened in the bible wrong also, and provides answers for alot of the "miricles"
ofcourse it makes a noise

K

katie_tully

dark_angel said:
ofcourse it makes a noise
How do you know, where you there?
Come on, we've all seen this question before.
We're all inclined to say yes, it would... but how can we be so sure unless we were there to witness it?

vTr

HSC
katie_tully said:

q: if a tree falls in the woods, but nobody is there to hear it, does it make a noise?
a: yes when the tree falls it hits the ground thus creates vibrations in the air, it even makes a slight noise while falling through air as the air has to keep up with the empty space not being occupied

Exactly so even if we do get a PERFECT creation theory it probably didn't happen

what ever floats your boat....

(ohhh im witty ) cough

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
tag.twix said:
moonlight.. you sound lile a prick... my opinion so dont get offended..

you dont seem to take on what other people are saying.. reading your posts.. it seems that you think you are superior to everyone.. my opinion again so dont get offended

you cant just say 'Um.. yeh, so?' itsl ike ignorant..

i myself do not believe in god just wanted to say its people like you.. people to not consider anything and just deny what other poeple say (even those who strongly believe in religion) gets abit tiresome

moonlight just consider what other people say.. do your research... science believes that there is a 'transendent being' dont be a prick and just reply with somethign constructive

no trouble meant here == )

my opinion.. god did not have anything to do with the bible' it was written by man.. same thing about the quran
1. If you read the flow of the discussion, you will see that sly fly's post was a non sequitur. It was out of no-where. I merely enquired as to what the point was.

2. Everyone of my posts includes reasons - that post was a question, not a counter-argument.

3. Saying "it's my opinion so don't get offended" is absurdly useless. Let me demonstrate:

You're a complete and utter fool. It's my opinion however, so don't be offended.

See what I mean?

mr_brightside

HSC
a tree falls over, does it make noise?

there is no noise. a noise is a sound.
sound is defined as " a sensation produced in the organs of hearing when certain vibrations are caused in the surrounding air.

If no1 is there it makes no noise

Last edited:

vTr

HSC
mr_brightside said:
there is no noise. a noise is a sound.
sound is defined as " a sensation produced in the organs of hearing when certain vibrations are caused in the surrounding air.

If no1 is there it makes no noise
vibrations in the air that can be picked up by being at the same frequency of your inner ear bones, is the noise i believe that statement refers to

noise is such a Baud word , rather say Sound .

K

katie_tully

vTr said:
vibrations in the air that can be picked up by being at the same frequency of your inner ear bones, is the noise i believe that statement refers to

noise is such a Baud word , rather say Sound .
Ah see, a technical loop-hole, one that does not apply once you are out of reach of the vibration waves.

vTr

HSC
aslong as we accsept that the vibrations did occur and Hypothetically lets say we know that the tree fell over via Satalight imagery
im happy... to believe that sound did occure for no one to recieve,

vTr

HSC
may i just add sound applies to sounds we can not hear why would they call it ultrasonic sounds ....

aka ultrasound technology used to view unborn babies

no ones there to hear it (cuz they cant)

but the picture appears on the screen :)

<<< WINNAH >>>

vTr

HSC
may i just say imo there are some saying that are just stupid and there are some that should not of been made in the first place, i give you exhibit A

mr_brightside

HSC
vTr said:
may i just say imo there are some saying that are just stupid and there are some that should not of been made in the first place, i give you exhibit A
wtf are you talking about?

vTr

HSC
i blame cafeene for my lack of sence making...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)