• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (6 Viewers)

somechick

HSC
N/A
firehose said:
Does that mean you're saying that the Bible is in fact a whole collection of random books written by man? Go and read the bible and you will find it hard to find a substantial amount of different books contradicting each other. The point is that all these books, collected over thousands of years, all point the same message, all preach from the same God, all declare that God is great and we as human sinners must worship him and come to him. Any disrepancies that u may find, you will have to admit, are so insignificant that it makes no effect on the Bible as a whole.

Isn't it amazing that Isaiah prophesised hundreds of years before Jesus' birth about Jesus himself, and what his purpose on earth would be? Jesus fulfilled exactly what the Lord had set him out to do. Oh, and in the Old Testament it is stated that Jesus was to be the last of the prophets sent by God. Which, if u choose to believe it, kind of places Mohammed in an awkward position.

Yep, Jesus (pbuh) will be the last prophet (why not God Firehouse?) sent by God on the last day, Judgement Day. BUT, the Bible lists a last messenger of God to come after Jesus. Jesus himself says of his coming but people now think he's the Holy Ghost/Spirit thing referred to as the Comforter. If you read that passage in the bible, it makes so much sense that the Last messenger of God is yet to come, i mean who is waiting for the Holy Ghost and what/who is he/that? I will give it toyou just wait. So, No, it does not put Mohammed (pbuh) in an awkward position because Jesus himself said that the comforter will come.
Comforter translated from ancient hebrew means Mohammed btw. Kinda puts the Bible in an awkward position doesn't?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Both of you please find quotes to support your statements in the Bible

malkin86: find the relevant quotes talking about Jesus being the last messenger/prophet

somechick: find the relevant quotes from Jesus saying someone will come after him

malkin86

HSC
I'm just trying to point out where people could be coming from, in terms of the comforter being either Jesus or Mohammed depending on if you're Muslim or Christian. I'm sure that either somechick or firehose will enlighten me/us as to where the quotes are.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I realise, I was in fact doing something similar a while back and actually provided quotes that could be interpreted differently, but there are also ones where specifically point to Jesus. However for the sake of the arguement because I asked for somechick to quote I also asked you too.

malkin86

HSC
Well, I've looked in my family's NIV concordance, and it has failed me. :( Therefore I can say nothing further about the comforter until I am better informed.

Would anyone care to say anything about Gaia? The idea that all living systems on Earth combine to form a self-regulating super-entity, as I understand it.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
God exists or a God exist. It could be a force, a world, a controller, a peacekeeper, a carer. If a god didnt exist then life is pointless.

firehose

HSC
mr EaZy said:
i found that site pretty good.
they have this link where they tell christians how to be evangelists and know what their victims are thinkin' :)
'Victims' is a harsh word... Christians love to spread the gospel because they so strongly believe it is right... whether u choose to believe is up to u and the will of God.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Mr Eazy will solve your problems - Quotes and all

Ladies and MEN (i hate the racist term Gentile :p ),
you have all challenged each other with your various beliefs, i dont know where to begin. But i have made an honest attempt at studying both great religons in question. (im not learned in christianity though)

so ill fill you in on all your arguments- well, the ones that i know the answers to!

Acmillan said:
Both of you please find quotes to support your statements in the Bible

malkin86: find the relevant quotes talking about Jesus being the last messenger/prophet

somechick: find the relevant quotes from Jesus saying someone will come after him

firehose said:
in the Old Testament it is stated that Jesus was to be the last of the prophets sent by God. .

i think you were supposed to replace mailkin with firehose as he first suggested the stuff about jesus being the last prophet.

but anywayz ill fill in the quotes since u wanted it. :)

(Holy Bible) John 14:16 said:
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you Another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever.Holy Bible) John 14:16
Take not the word Another

Jesus was the first comforter and the second one will be similar in many respects of thirst, mortality, fatigue, sorrow and death.

Jesus was a mortal so the 2nd one will also be a mortal. His teachings however will remain forever. (check out Luke 16:31) - this shows that knowledge lives on and it is important to remember their teachings -just as we remember the prophets.

(Holy Bible) John 16:7 said:
Nevertheless, I tell you the truth:
It is expedient for you that I go away,
for if I go not away, the comforter will not
come unto you, but if I depart, I will send
him unto you.

(Holy Bible) John 16:7
Jesus himself testifies to the coming of another comforter, like himself.
firehose said:
Isn't it amazing that Isaiah prophesised hundreds of years before Jesus' birth about Jesus himself, and what his purpose on earth would be? Jesus fulfilled exactly what the Lord had set him out to do. Oh, and in the Old Testament it is stated that Jesus was to be the last of the prophets sent by God. Which, if u choose to believe it, kind of places Mohammed in an awkward position.

somechick said:
Mohammed (pbuh) was a male. He was never schooled. He didnt know how to read or write. Illiterate.

Jesus says that another comforter will come. i got plenty more quotes but ill save them for now. i doubt Isaiah would contradict the messiah. Fire hose, please bring your quote to back up yourself.

Firehose i put in somechic's sayings about Muhammad's illiteracy (may God bless and bestow peace on him) because Isiaiah did prophecize the last prophet

YES UR RIGHT!!! :)

Isaiah 29:12 said:
And the book is delivered
To him that is not learned
Saying, Read this,
I pray thee:
And he saith, I AM NOT LEARNED!
Isaiah 29:12
which other prophet can we say "is not learned"

the exact words of the prophet were:
"i am not learned"

Muslims admire their prophet's ability to perform and do what God Commanded him to do, and they (like Somechic) dont realise that this phenomenon was prophecized by isiaiah. He didnt go to harvard or any other location to learn - not even theology :) but any reputable historian about Muhammad (may gods blessings + peace be upon him) and they will tell you what a remarkable character he was!

This is the truth. But ask the televangelist and he will give u an ignorant remark "Mohomet was a terrorist". Lies dont get people far these days -which is a good thing.

firehose said:
Oh, and in the Old Testament it is stated that Jesus was to be the last of the prophets sent by God. Which, if u choose to believe it, kind of places Mohammed in an awkward position
Edit: ive got lots of quotes from the OT about Muhammad (God's peace and blessings be upon him) remind me to put them up soon.

Jesus tells his deciples that his mission was never complete. but he had to go to bring unpon us the comforter.

John 16:12 said:
i have yet many things to say unto you, but ye may not bear them now.
john 16:13 said:
Howbeit when he the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.
The prophet of Islam was not a liar. not even his worst enemies would call him that. They infact called him The Truthful one - As-saadiq and Al-Amin the Trustworthy. And this is how Jesus referred to him. His honesty will make him known to others:) God bless them both :)

So feel free to challenge what i have said, even if it is in the matter of a phrase or a word. take care now :)

Last edited:

mr EaZy

HSC
firehose said:
'Victims' is a harsh word... Christians love to spread the gospel because they so strongly believe it is right... whether u choose to believe is up to u and the will of God.

Hi im a muslim- IE the one who has submitted to the will of God

the word victim is a harsh word. - sorry to offend
we muslims love to "invite" - others to islam. The arabic word is Da'wah - to invite or call
they only choose to accept or reject

but i have come across instances where the typical "BIBLE THUMPER" is involved..... i had that kinda personality in mind. Most Christians i know are just doing their duty and being good christians :)

Edit:

i was referring to this btw

http://www.christiananswers.net/evangelism/beliefs/mormonism.html

maybe i can use it to preach Islam..... i mean "invite"

Last edited:

mr EaZy

HSC
some chick said:
and the same with the book of barnabas etc.
wat about it?

ive heard many things about it, and even have a copy of it (but never read it)
its labelled apocrypha- means unreliable to the church- although constantine did use it to judge Muhammad's character (may the peace and blessings of god be upon him) as a prophet.

(he was impressed btw, but couldnt get the support of his government- all the regional consuls that were in his presence))

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
From the quran

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Jesus confirming there is a prophet to come after him named ahmad (mohammad)

And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"
btw mohammad, ahmad, mustafa, taha, amin....(there are many more) are all the names of the prophet......his name was mohammad however he had many titles...they have meanings (not sure wat they are since theyre in arabic) but i know that amin means trustworthy.....so yeh....he had many titles.....

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
------------
jezzmo said:
From the Boourban:

"MR GIGGLESWORTH THEN flocked upon the crowd and said "excuse me, I think I lost my eye contact" and then people started to look for a little piece of plastic for mr gigglesworth. Until, out of the blue, mr gigglesworth stopped giggling. Everybody looked up and made astonishing stances. Giggling in the blue? That was simply not red. Not red unless the red committee had voted it in. Unfortunate, it was. It seemed alright at the time, but then we decided, it was best for us all to simply enjoy the colour purple and all the things that we otherwise can't extinguish. Fire safety was our top priority. Thank you Mr Hooker.

This was a very important and indescribably crucial part of the bible, and of christianity. I call it Revelations, Chapter Cool.
hehe

K

katie_tully

It all began with the creation of the Holden. From the promised land where commodores are born from the very essence of life.

The Bible was founded by the forefathers - Liss and Katie, whom tell only the truth so no little bastard better challenge us.

The Bible was formed one day during maths, when we read Hillbillies lame attempt at chapter one, when suddenly the two wise women decided to write a better one.

The Bible Rules

1. U must drink scotch, like the panda.

2. U will die if you follow Ford.

3. We know all.

OLD TESTIMENT

GENISIS

Holden is the lifeblood of everything because we said so. Deep down in every living creature (unless you drive a ford, because then your soul is already owned by Hillbilly and we dont care) a Holden is waiting to be awoken by the forefathers.

Thus on the first day the lord panda of the v8 created the universe. on the second day he made the light of day and the dark of night. on the 3rd day he made dirt. on the 4th day he turned dirt into food. on the 5th day he mowed the lawn because he was bloind on scotch. on the 6th day he created Holden and on the 7th day he crashed his holden.

EXODUS

the lord panda of the v8s went mad style and accidently created shit cars which he abandoned and left on some island.

- - - - - -

NB. I did poorly in Year 10 maths because of these bible shennanigans

Last edited by a moderator:

malkin86

HSC
mr EaZy said:
wat about it?

ive heard many things about it, and even have a copy of it (but never read it)
its labelled apocrypha- means unreliable to the church- although constantine did use it to judge Muhammad's character (may the peace and blessings of god be upon him) as a prophet.

(he was impressed btw, but couldnt get the support of his government- all the regional consuls that were in his presence))

The apocrypha can be quite interesting.. The Book of Susanna is my personal "I wish they'd put it back in" - simply because it raises the point that church leaders are not always infallible, and it's fairly entertaining to boot. ;)

Jiga

That Bibles worse than the christian one:

2. U will die if you follow Ford.
Genisis should begin like this:

In the beginning there was Ford......and then weaker imitations came along, Holden, Toyota, Mitsubishi.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)