• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (5 Viewers)

K

katie_tully

Schoolies_2004 said:
That Bibles worse than the christian one:

Genisis should begin like this:

In the beginning there was Ford......and then weaker imitations came along, Holden, Toyota, Mitsubishi.....
Yeah, I'm actually a Mitsubishi person, I dont like Ford any more/less than Holden..
But our maths classes were always a Holden vs. Ford, and football team battle. We wrote that during class .

Jiga

I think this thread is getting better, its starting to build on something. If it turns into a Holden vs Ford battle we might even be able to make a decent thread out of it yet!

K

katie_tully

I think we've done well sustaining the thread for nearly 4000 posts. I think we have the right to degenerate it.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I think this thread is getting better, its starting to build on something. If it turns into a Holden vs Ford battle we might even be able to make a decent thread out of it yet!
poor prophets......i can now see what they were up against and why they suffered so much...

K

katie_tully

A prophet

You know, those things people stick under your windscreen wiper offering 20% off every purchase of Christian books.

Jiga

Oh...now I know what they were up against and why they suffered so much! The weather can be harsh at times, especially this time of the year

Jiga

I spose they also suffer when people scrunch them up and throw them away using numerous profanaties. I feel like Im really learning about Christianity here....Im actually understanding it for once

K

katie_tully

Schoolies_2004 said:
I spose they also suffer when people scrunch them up and throw them away using numerous profanaties. I feel like Im really learning about Christianity here....Im actually understanding it for once
Story of a Christians life.
Scrunch.
Verbal Abuse.
Scrunch.
Verbal Abuse.

Death.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy, you have taken the Bible extracts you quoted out of context. When Jesus refers to the comforter He does not say the comforter will be human, He is in fact referring to the Holy Spirit

If you read the entire passages rather than quote one line, you will see why

John 14:15-31
The Promise of the Holy Spirit
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscar'i-ot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

John 16:5-15
The Work of the Holy Spirit
5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.

In both quotations Jesus does not say that the comforter after Him will be like Himself as you alluded to.

mr EaZy said:
Jesus tells his deciples that his mission was never complete. but he had to go to bring unpon us the comforter.
Again, you are wrong about WHO the comforter is, read the entire passage and not just one line of it.

mr EaZy said:
Fire hose, please bring your quote to back up yourself.
The Old Testament clearly prophecises about Jesus coming and His greatness and even details some events of His life

If you have studied typology you would be aware of the links between the old testament and Jesus

HSC
Wow this is still going! Stay strong non-believers.

Oh and just because of someones attacks on philosophy students on this thread, can't remember the name, somebody religious, I'm becoming a philosphy students. Buahahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)