• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
All day long Jc Chasez Dreams About Sex, all eternity long Jc Chasez will burn in hell.
SINNER.! ARGGGH.

Religion is a crock of shit. Why? Because I said so.
Science provides valid answers for every stupid biblical story. How do I know? I watched the Disocvery Channel, baybee.
Alright every biblical story can be explained scientifically. Please give me insights on how the discovery channel explains the following using scientific explanations (dont simply say because its impossible or because i dont believe it happened):

1.The story of Lazarus
2.The resurrection

lengstar

HSC
acmilan said:
Alright every biblical story can be explained scientifically. Please give me insights on how the discovery channel explains the following using scientific explanations (dont simply say because its impossible or because i dont believe it happened):

1.The story of Lazarus
2.The resurrection
maybe, just maybe, it didn't happen?

danie

a fool
HSC
did any of you catch on abc one sunday ages ago how jesus' resurrection could've possibly been a "resucitation", and the three wise men from the east were buddhists on a pilgrimage to find him, during his childhood he spent it with them hence no account of his life in the interim period between the story when he was in the temple teaching the elders and his ministry.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i doubt that..
the more historically accurate thing i watched reckoned he lived around the town and it had some kinda university there or something, and he overheard people talking about philosophy... i dunno how they knew this exactly but throughout the entire film they gave pretty convincing reasons.

Anyone seen that special on how the plagues of egypt could have been true, scientifically accurate?

danie

a fool
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
i doubt that..
the more historically accurate thing i watched reckoned he lived around the town and it had some kinda university there or something, and he overheard people talking about philosophy... i dunno how they knew this exactly but throughout the entire film they gave pretty convincing reasons.

Anyone seen that special on how the plagues of egypt could have been true, scientifically accurate?
no i swear they gave evidence and logic (cause i know you love your logic) and buddhist scripture references.

and if the plagues of egypt were true would that be proof of existence of a god, god, or gods?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
maybe, just maybe, it didn't happen?

Well it was claimed that ALL bible stories could be explained scientifically, hence they can be explained scientifically

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
danie said:
no i swear they gave evidence and logic (cause i know you love your logic) and buddhist scripture references.

and if the plagues of egypt were true would that be proof of existence of a god, god, or gods?
There is also proof that the Red Sea parts on very rare occasions (talking about evert thousands of years) due to tremendously strong winds so it could be true that Moses led the people across. The weird thing is how it parted at that exact moment

lengstar

HSC
acmilan said:
Well it was claimed that ALL bible stories could be explained scientifically, hence they can be explained scientifically
have you read levitus? *goes off and sacrifices a lamb

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well as i stated before to a Christian the old testament is not as totally binding ie Jesus perfects the old testament

K

katie_tully

I cannot comprehend how supposedly intelligent people believe biblical stories.

I
Just
Do
Not
Comprehend

It's called logic. Ever played Chinese whispers? Story changes down the track, possibly by the 3rd person doesn't it.
When Arrian wrote the Histories of Alexander, and produced a letter supposedly written by Alexander to Darius, his "accounts" all had quotes from Alexander and Darius. Now, how reliable do you think Arrians histories are, mainly because Arrian was around 400 years LATER.

Now let's look at the bible. This is the same piece of shit writing that considered women second class, homosexuals evil... 2000 years later. THERE'S NO PROOF GOD EXISTS APART FROM "stoooooooooories". Please. Apart from your moral values, why cant any of you produce anything solid, apart from the bible that explains the existance of god and jesus and all that jazz?

Science.
Jesus walking on water
Scientific reasoning behind this AMAZING feat? - He was on mud flats. When I walk alond a mud flat in an inch of water, it looks like I'm Jesus too. Minus the beard.

Moses parting the sea
Thera/Santorini volcano exploded around the same time this happened, which could account for the supposed moving of the water.
The other reasoning behind it is Moses didn't have chariots. The other guys did. Ever tried to take a chariot through mud during low tide?
Apparently it doesn't work. Omigod.

Oh and hey, if I go molest the alter boy, and then ask for forgiveness and repent, thou just and kind god shall forgive me and I shall frolic forever in the fields of heaven. *squeals*

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:

I
Just
Do
Not
Comprehend

It's called logic. Ever played Chinese whispers? Story changes down the track, possibly by the 3rd person doesn't it.
When Arrian wrote the Histories of Alexander, and produced a letter supposedly written by Alexander to Darius, his "accounts" all had quotes from Alexander and Darius. Now, how reliable do you think Arrians histories are, mainly because Arrian was around 400 years LATER.

Now let's look at the bible. This is the same piece of shit writing that considered women second class, homosexuals evil... 2000 years later. THERE'S NO PROOF GOD EXISTS APART FROM "stoooooooooories". Please. Apart from your moral values, why cant any of you produce anything solid, apart from the bible that explains the existance of god and jesus and all that jazz?

Science.
Jesus walking on water
Scientific reasoning behind this AMAZING feat? - He was on mud flats. When I walk alond a mud flat in an inch of water, it looks like I'm Jesus too. Minus the beard.

Moses parting the sea
Thera/Santorini volcano exploded around the same time this happened, which could account for the supposed moving of the water.
The other reasoning behind it is Moses didn't have chariots. The other guys did. Ever tried to take a chariot through mud during low tide?

Oh and hey, if I go molest the alter boy, and then ask for forgiveness and repent, thou just and kind god shall forgive me and I shall frolic forever in the fields of heaven. *squeals*
1. Please find the passage in the New Testament that says that women are second class and homosexuals are evil
2. Not all sins are forgiven, there are levels of sins, not everyone goes to heaven

You obviously have no knowledge of Biblical scripture or religious belief systems so arguing is useless, do you honestly think people would believe in God purely because of stories in the Bible?

Also you did not scientifically explain the *stories* that I asked, you went on explaining ones that you know about

Last edited:

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
katie_tully said:

I
Just
Do
Not
Comprehend

Science.
Jesus walking on water

Moses parting the sea

i did give some solid evidence, but like i said any evidence that anyone provides on the existence of god will be dismissed.

BUT your views are perfectly alright ;)

I dont beleive in the bible either, but i do beleive in my holy book, because there is actual tangible evidence that proves it is true (in my opinion that is)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh so you only believe the new testament then?

So the rest is garbage?

Show me where in the bible it says there are levels of sins :rolleyes:
it says everywhere that are sins are equal in gods eyes.

K

katie_tully

Um.. actually...no. I do. I studied the Bible when I did the Constructs of Women :)
Just because I cannot quote for bible word for word, like you good Christian children, does not mean I do not know.
It's called interpretation of the text, of course it isn't going to say in black and white what I said. What I said was a translation in lame mans terms.

On another note;
The Pope must be pissed with God at the moment. Life time of service and he gets served Alzheimer's disease... Oh the injustice.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Oh so you only believe the new testament then?

So the rest is garbage?

Show me where in the bible it says there are levels of sins :rolleyes:
it says everywhere that are sins are equal in gods eyes.

hahahah ok so ur saying if i stabbed u in the head, opposed to telling a lie (or another sin) and these are viewed as the same?!??!

wouldnt that mean that all of humanity is going to hell because we have all lied or commited a sin in some stage of our lives.

Somehow that sounds like bullshit

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well if this has turned into a "everyone give their opinion on the existence of god based on their religious belief" then its not just believers debating non-believers its everyman for himself...........its very hard to debate this way.....its turned into a religious argument...........anyway im still waiting for a christain to answer my question........I WANT AN ANSWER

K

katie_tully

dark_angel said:
wouldnt that mean that all of humanity is going to hell because we have all lied or commited a sin in some stage of our lives.
If you believe in GOD, maybe we're all going to hell. I hope you dont get disappointed when you succumb to rigor mortis, get buried, and then get eaten by worms and become compost.

K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
ill probably get attacked now..................but martyrs dont decompose
Mmm hmm.. So... Those Middle Eastern martyrs, dying for Islam.. Does your Christian God consider them the same... When they blow themselves up, do their body parts not decompose?

.. Actually .. thats the most dipshit thing I have seen all day. So dipshit infact, I am going to print it off, so whenever I need a laugh I can remind myself that martyrs dont decompose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)