Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes they can.
Atheism tells us pretty basically that there is nothing else but our current moral life, and it gives meaning thru the understanding that we are mortal beings who enjoy mortal pleasures who exist in a mortal world.

Religion hasn't given you meaning to your life, so it tells you that you're going to heaven when you die to live with god... that isn't meaning at all, that's just a statement.

kirabolton

HSC
kirabolton said:
you suck ,....

ummm i didn't actually mean most of you , just this other horrible horrible person who posted a couple of minutes ago.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes they can.
Atheism tells us pretty basically that there is nothing else but our current moral life, and it gives meaning thru the understanding that we are mortal beings who enjoy mortal pleasures who exist in a mortal world.

Religion hasn't given you meaning to your life, so it tells you that you're going to heaven when you die to live with god... that isn't meaning at all, that's just a statement.
wats ur definition of the word meaning?.........meaning in this case refers to our life and its value and meaning. if like ur saying u live in this world to "enjoy mortal pleasure" and so on and then u die.......then ur telling me ur living for nothing and ur life has no meaning. however according to religion we are alive for a reason. our soul will be judged. our actions have consequences. my life is worth something because all that i am doing in this life means something in the end, whilst ur actions (according to u) dont mean a thing since when u die, thats it thats the end of u.

superbird

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes they can.

Of course religion gives meaning fool. It provides us with an understanding of what our purpose on earth is and how living in good faith and harmony will lead us to salvation.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
my actions do have consequences, in the mortal world.

So you gain meaning in your life from the judgment you recieve in the end? And then what after your judgement? is your immortal life as pointless as my mortal one?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
my actions do have consequences, in the mortal world.

So you gain meaning in your life from the judgment you recieve in the end? And then what after your judgement? is your immortal life as pointless as my mortal one?
so u know those ppl that murder and get away with it. their actions wont have any consequences in the mortal world. wheres the justice there. god is the supreme judge. i dont live for this pointless world. i live for the next one. my immortal life is a reward for my mortal life. i dont have to work there or live my life as it live it here on earth. the immortal life is sort of like my life sitting at home after HSC. plain reward. i do nothing, sleep in late, dont have to study work or anything. this is my reward for studying my ass of all year. same as with life. we strive to be good people in this life and abide by the laws of god so that we can reach heaven. then we dont have to do anything but reap our rewards. if there was no supreme judge then murders, rapists, everyone who escaped the mortal law would get away with thier actions....

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
soooo what you're telling me is that you find meaning in the fact that a mortal life leads you to an immortal version of the mortal life i've described lol

So what is the meaning of your life once you are doing whatever you want?

To me that your life is working towards achieving a life which you could have right now is a pretty stupid reason to have faith.

It's sad to me that you have to look to another reality for you to consider your life having meaning, when it's staring you in the face how important a meaning you could make in this life.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
soooo what you're telling me is that you find meaning in the fact that a mortal life leads you to an immortal version of the mortal life i've described lol

So what is the meaning of your life once you are doing whatever you want?

To me that your life is working towards achieving a life which you could have right now is a pretty stupid reason to have faith.

It's sad to me that you have to look to another reality for you to consider your life having meaning, when it's staring you in the face how important a meaning you could make in this life.
i could have the life i would have in heaven here or earth?...............are u joking.......this life full of bullshit leaders, war, thieves, racism, murder. u may find it pointless that i strive for a better world. i find it pointless u live for this pathetic world.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So what happens in your immortal world?
Bullshit leaders - Allah, Jesus, Jehova
War - War in heaven, fallen angels, war between good and evil
Racism aka exclusion - People of other religions, gays, sinners, etc...
Murder - Unless they confess their sins.

I'd like you to explain to me your perfect world. I disagree with many religions views that women are second to men.... is that gunna ruin your perfect world, or will i go to hell for that?
I like chess, someone hates chess, but that's anger... will they just kick us both out?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So what happens in your immortal world?
Bullshit leaders - Allah, Jesus, Jehova
War - War in heaven, fallen angels, war between good and evil
Racism aka exclusion - People of other religions, gays, sinners, etc...
Murder - Unless they confess their sins.

I'd like you to explain to me your perfect world.
heaven is described in the quran............go read it urself. however allah is the one and only leader. there is no war. there is no racism. there is no murder. its a utopia

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There is no racism, but there is sexism.
It's impossible for there to be an utter utopia otherwise people would lose themselves and be nothing but cogs in a collective machine. No one ever disagreeing, everyone liking the same things.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There is no racism, but there is sexism.
It's impossible for there to be an utter utopia otherwise people would lose themselves and be nothing but cogs in a collective machine. No one ever disagreeing, everyone liking the same things.
sexism..........? why would there be sexism. its impossible for there to be utter utopia in ur mortal world. but for god, creator of the whole universe, nothing is impossible.

Generator

HSC
N/A
In my mind, a utopia would offer daily debates that may well lead to everyone crying at some stage. That would be fantastic.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So you find meaning in living to go to utopia and live in the perfect peace forever more...
To me that is as scary as living as nothingness forever more.
i often wonder bout that but hey if i manage to end up there, then its my reward..........better then going to hell for eternity id say

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
not really, what's worse than being in perfect peace forever... almost seems like utter nothingness, as would be absoblute pain...
its not utter nothingness..........im not going to get slabs from the quran abt heaven however its a paradise and u have ur home, ur life, however its a perfect world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)