• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
What is a heavenly paradise? Is it a one-size-fits-all model or is it all in the eyes of the beholder?

kirabolton

HSC
joujou_84 said:
a few of us posted a few minutes ago...u wanna be more specific?
jad person, he is HORRIBLE aren't you jad??? ignore him mwahahaha...i am only joking.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Whos to say that heaven isnt subjective ie. what everybody experiences of heaven is different based on what they see heaven as.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
That's nice, lets all believe that.
Who's to say that heaven isn't really crap, and when you die you're stuck in church for the rest of all eternity?
No need to get like that. Thats what I believe and I, nor anyone else, has to justify our beliefs to you, and if we try you will just dismiss it as wrong anyways so why bother

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well that's just absurd and if you want to put something like 'maybe in heaven everyone experiences what they want heaven to be', expect to have fairly rude comments come back to you.

What if i was constantly sitting here saying 'maybe you're wrong and in heaven god eats babies'.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I put it to you that it is not absurd, find me some source of belief system for any religion that believes in heaven after death that shows how i described heaven to be wrong

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Some people would invision heaven as a place full of sex, death, carnage where they are in charge.. i doubt any religious belief shows that.

Also ur using religion to justify how religions are right ang god exists... lol Thats like u saying 'but how could reindeer fly', and i reply 'because santa claus and all the elves say they fly'.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
ok i don't quite understand this statement?
Your scientific and logical mind with evidence backing up your opinions on the debate about God's existence is well researched and your reasoning sound. That still does not prove or disprove the existence of God. Sure the idea of God's existence may seem ludicrous under the weight of immense evidence but your arguments have yet to define the existence of a soul, and of which, what happens it in the afterlife.
The belief in a God whether in a literal or a metaphorical sense to represent a goal, a desire or a lifestyle can be justified in the weakness of the person. However, the strength of conviction itself can be a canon with which to motivate a person into aspiring to achieve their goals. The complication that may be inherent with certain religions is also noted in your arguments but it does not detract the fact that a belief in a greater being with which to guide your life has positive effects for those who require a guidance system to live their lives.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes of course it's got to do with people wanting to learn, however once they do learn their faith is affirmed by the constant attacks against islam.

Of course people are being feared into religion, without religion people see life as bad, with it they see life as good.
Hmm, you're confusing morality with religion i think. Religion can offer morality, but there are other outlets other THAN religion for such a purpose.

Take for example the good atheist.

K

katie_tully

it has gone way too far when people read a description of heaven and then BELIEVE IT.

i am filled with anger that people buy into such bullshit.

i have to go and beat my head against a brick wall to take away the pain.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
it has gone way too far when people read a description of heaven and then BELIEVE IT.

i am filled with anger that people buy into such bullshit.

i have to go and beat my head against a brick wall to take away the pain.
If thats what you believe then so be it but thats no reason to show utter disrespect for the beliefs of people. Sure some people may take it too far but the majority are genuine in their beliefs and by you saying stuff like that you are just showing that you have no dignity in atleast respecting what people believe. No one is forcing you to accept it, just dont make fun of it, some people actually take it seriously.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It works both ways, acmilan. Her stance is just as valid as that of a bible basher (i.e., confrontational).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)