Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
then why the errors.....do u believe the bible has errors?
No i dnt believe it has errors...I believe it can be misinterpreted and taken out of context

Type in "Koran contradictions" on the google search engine and im sure ull find many sites claiming to have errors.........comeone man.....u know that anyone can twist stuff around to make it sound wrong

superbird

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Why would mohammed or jesus make the bible so hard for people to understand? why is it that such large groups of people can believe that they're in a holy war and you people can dismiss it simply as they're wrong?
Look at the historical context at the time when it was written! People would've clearly understood the Bible back then. Today its different because of science.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
osk said:
So how can you be sure that the meaning of the Koran has never changed.....what guarentees that fact....in the case of the Bible...I believe it is the Holy Spirit
from the hadith, teachings of the prophet..........which show that the qoran he received is the same as it is today.......however if u want a betta answer ill ask for u.......im still new u know, i dont know everything :(

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
see to me... while atheists seem to be a minority group when it comes to religious belief, we're really the only group that agree's on absoblutely everything.
You people SEEM to be one group, but you're each individuals working together forming a fake mass of collective wisdom.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
However, it is to my knowledge that these 'sources' were influenced by the Bible and Christianity rather than written by outside, unbiased, well, sources (and most were written AFTER the Bible, whereas more reliable sources should have been written at the time of the 'event').

Which is why there is no record of the 'Exodus' (think someone would have noticed, particularly the Egyptians, about half a million of their slaves trooping into the desert?) or 'Great Flood' anywhere but the Bible (and the Koran - which, let's face it, is practically the same for the Old Testament or whatever it's called in the Koran as it is in the Bible, in which both of these events 'occur').

My point is that no source can be used as evidence for the Christian faith, as there is no outside (aka non-believer) source that describes the main events that the Bible and 'other sources' detail.
Getting back to the issue, the only evidence Christians need to base their faith is the belief in the existence Jesus, and you will find there is evidence for this outside of the Bible, maybe perhaps not that he is the son of God, but there is evidence he existed

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
superbird said:
Look at the historical context at the time when it was written! People would've clearly understood the Bible back then. Today its different because of science.
They didn't understand, they were just stupid and didn't question.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
joujou_84 said:
muslims too rely on the teaches of the imams that came after mohammad and not only the qoran..........the qoran speaks in general.............for more deeper things we refer to the teachings of the progeny of mohammad. i think all religions rely on a few different sources
not necessarily

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
acmilan said:
Getting back to the issue, the only evidence Christians need to base their faith is the belief in the existence Jesus, and you will find there is evidence for this outside of the Bible, maybe perhaps not that he is the son of God, but there is evidence he existed

good point.....

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
see to me... while atheists seem to be a minority group when it comes to religious belief, we're really the only group that agree's on absoblutely everything.
You people SEEM to be one group, but you're each individuals working together forming a fake mass of collective wisdom.
Christians accept that they are not completely unified...i mean there are 200-300 variants existing worldwide. However ecumenical ventures are beginning to form, especially in Austalia (such as the NCCA) where Christians recognise their differences are minor compared to their commonalities

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
Well, actually, they would have taken it as verbatim because they had nothing to compare it to - not necessarily science.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There is evidence that a guy named jesus existed, there is no evidence that he performed these acts much like there is evidence that 'random fake diety' once lived, had followers, made them drink the red cordial, died.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
They didn't understand, they were just stupid and didn't question.

wtf does science have to do with anything. IF ur basing ur life on a book, it should accompany science

actually some religions mention that with the help of god, the secrets of the universe will become known to man

like how the body works, etc

it also mentions that 'beyond this earth, there are many more earths..'

superbird

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
yet they all share the same fundamental belief that God is the father and Jesus is his Son

osk

HSC
LOL......this is the first entire day ive spent at home since the HSC........gee this arguing is tiresome work.........u guys wouldnt like to take a break for coffee?

Are you arabic Jou Jou....if u are....I have to say I LOVE arabic coffee

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
acmilan said:
Yes, there is, at the moment, tentative evidence that there was once a man who lived that was called Jesus of Nazareth, aka Jesus Christ. There's also evidence that there was and old man who lived and then died (as a sacrifice, apparently) - that doesn't make him any 'Son of God'.

And yes, I realise that was a flimsy statement, but only in response to a flimsy argument.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
osk said:
LOL......this is the first entire day ive spent at home since the HSC........gee this arguing is tiresome work.........u guys wouldnt like to take a break for coffee?

Are you arabic Jou Jou....if u are....I have to say I LOVE arabic coffee

haha i wouldnt take a break, i did and when i came back i had to catch up about 100 posts

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
but argue about many many other things, holes can be found in their religious texts etc... we don't even have a religious texts.. atheism doesn't even need to explain things

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Yes, there is, at the moment, tentative evidence that there was once a man who lived that was called Jesus of Nazareth, aka Jesus Christ. There's also evidence that there was and old man who lived and then died (as a sacrifice, apparently) - that doesn't make him any 'Son of God'.

And yes, I realise that was a flimsy statement, but only in response to a flimsy argument.
As i said, theres no evidence Jesus did what is believed, but im simply trying to make the point that Christianity is not solely based on the Bible

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dark_angel said:
god has no 'son'
Well, actually, since God is supposedly our 'Father' then he has lots of sons. And daughters.

About 9 billion of them.

Jesus was just the 'head honcho' son. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)