Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
hey, just because some of us believe the big bang is more credible then creation doesn't mean we don't believe in god.
Exactly the pope supports the Big Bang theory. But personally I don't it doesn't mean you can't do both.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The main things that deter me from completely accepting evolution is the contradictions it present using evidence and the way in which evolutionists try to interpret new discoveries in accordance with a dogmatic evolutionary preconception. Homology is the prime evidence for evolution and in this on its own contradictions occur. Similar structures between evolutionary related organisms have been supposedly inherited from common ancestory. These structures are labelled as 'homologous'. Yet other similar, and sometimes almost identical, structures from completely unrelated organisms in terms of evolution have been labelled as 'analogous' by scientists as they do not fit in with preconceive evolutionary perceptions. For example an octopus and a human have almost an identical eye structure...does this mean we are closely related to them and inherited the eye from a common ancestor? Evolutionists say we are not even closely related to any octopus species and so have labelled this evidence as 'analogous'. So are we supposed to believe that an almost identical structure developed in two different organisms over time by coincidence? Seems to me evolutionists also do a fair bit of picking and choosing

The second thing that deters me from completely accepting evolution is the contradictions that arise between different pieces of evidence used. The two most important pieces of evidence are anatomy and genes...and quite often the two contradict. Organisms that have supposedly evolved from a common ancestor and have similar structures quite often have a completely different genetic make up...yet it should be very similar as it has been inherited from the same thing. Comparisons that have been made of proteins, rRNA and genes reveal that creatures which are allegedly close relatives according to the theory of evolution are actually totally distinct from each other. Various studies grouped rabbits with primates instead of rodents, and cows with whales instead of horses. Probably the strongest evidence for human evolution is the fact that it was found using DNA-DNA hybridisation we have almost 99% of the same DNA sequence as chimpanzees. Yet as technology has advanced and studies are done in more depth this % gradually decreases to the point where it is now found to be < 95% of the same sequencing. Also genetic analyses published in New Scientist have revealed that nearly 75% of human genes have some counterpart in nematodes, which are millimeter-long soil-dwelling worms. Yet according to evolutionist these two species were very different even 530 million years ago. There is definitely only more than a 25% difference between us and worms!

For these reason I cannot accept evolution as the sole explanation for life on earth. I'm not saying that others should not believe it based on these facts, its just my belief that i have found.

That my $0.02

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If I remember correctly the octopus and human eyes are different, in that while the human eye is configured in such a way that it presents the image upside down to the brain and with a blind spot the octopus does not have this problem.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Google, like lengstar said, over time most arguments I've had a few times so I can remember most of the information.

Plus wikipedia, newscientist and assorted books I have at home.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The eye was just an example, but those types of examples occur numerous times between unrelated species

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Xayma said:
Google, like lengstar said, over time most arguments I've had a few times so I can remember most of the information.

Plus wikipedia, newscientist and assorted books I have at home.
and here i was, liker a sucker, thinking u actually knew all this stuff........

lengstar

HSC
joujou_84 said:
Internet is your friend. :uhhuh:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Most of the stuff i have posted i have received help from various sites except when talking about my beliefs and that evolution rant that i had a few posts ago. For the evolution stuff our bio teacher made us choose one topic in biology to study in a depth way behond what is required in the hsc for 'extra credit' and evolution is what i chose

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
Ekk I don't know the power of a H-bomb blast off the top off my head. I do know that it only contains about a balloon full of Hydrogen though.

Most of the remainder I remember from a while back because i've had this argument a few times.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
What I find most strange is the fact that the Big Bang theory accepted by scientists actually supports the theory of creationism (possibly why the Pope supports it too)...it's also funny enough that the guy who suggested the big bang theory in 1927 (the original guy not the scientist that presented it) was a full blown Christian, a member of the catholic church, his name was George Lemaitre...a catholic monk...I know that Xayma (being a physics freak) will probably disagree and say that Edwin Hubble suggested the theory....well that is a common mistake...Hubble only presented the theory to the public...he presented it in 1929...2 years after Lemaitre suggested it (this information is actually a verified fact)

Here's what I mean:
the bible states that God created the universe...he said 'let there be light' and everything appeared out of vast emptiness. Unfortunately one of the fundamental laws of physics states that matter cannot be created out of nothing. Yet isn't it strange that the Big Bang theory is just that... 'something from nothing' (a big explosion, out of nowhere, acting as a catalyst for creating matter and its antimatter.)

But people fail to forget one important thing....God, Buddha, Yahweh, the singularity, the force, the father, mother nature are all the same thing....science and religion support the same truth----> pure energy (whether it is God or an explosion) is the power of creation

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah I know it was proposed by a Belgian Priest.

Hubble just showed that the speed with which distant galaxies are moving supports the Big Bang theory and then the background radiation really meant that the steady state theory couldn't work.

Of course there are problems with the Big Bang theories in that it involves a singularity (at least currently and most probably forever although if string theory is correct it couldn't be point like).

The debate between religion and science is mainly between those who are literal bible followers. Also what caused the big bang is disputed (interestingly there is a public lecture available for download from Stephen Hawkings website which brings in Imaginary Time to account for the creation). And if there is an "afterlife" interestingly there is the Omega Point, which would be a simulated afterlife, but that requires a Big Crunch (well it is possible with an accelerating universe but not likely) which is looking increasingly unlikely :(

Last edited:

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Xayma said:
The debate between religion and science is mainly between those who are literal bible followers. :(
Hey Xayma, just on that note, i'd like to give u a perspective of a muslim scholar, who usually explores science from a scientific point of view and a religious point of view. If u love Biology theres tonnes of stuff in there for u, and even if u love physics u'll find loads of stuff. This guy has written so many books, i just love reading them all the time, have a read if u want to, if not, well its ur choice, but ur missing out on tonnes of stuff. Hope u enjoy. I figured that since u may already know the perspective of Bible followers u may wish to enjoy the perspective of a muslim through the Quran. The Quran (muslim holy book) actually contains many scientific facts... One being that the worker bee is female, 2 that mountains r like pegs, what u see from a mountain can also be seen under a mountain, 3 the function of the cerebrum, Its realy interesting. By the way anyone feel free to have a read also, if u dont wish to, fair enough, at least i tried.

The site is www.harunyahya.com
Peace people

skiguy_hsv

HSC
God does exist. Some people - lots of people either disagree, kind of disagree or kind of agree but choose to ignore it. All it takes is a look around you - the trees, the sky, each other. How could every person on the planet all be different and amazing in a different way, all be unique yet still able to feel the same emotions, be able to experience pain and happiness, and be able to love? Even a single celled organism is so incredibly complex that for it to exist 'just because' is near impossible to accept. Or, take Earth for an example. If our planet was just a tiny bit closer to the sun it would be too hot and we'd all die. A tiny bit further away - too cold, we'd all die.
This isn't even referring to the Bible at all WHICH IS ACCEPTED AS AN ACCURATE HISTORICAL DOCUMENT.
You can deny it all you like but the truth is that God is real and one day we will all have to meet him face to face and he will tell us where we will spend eternity and eternity is a very, very long time. I think I'd want to be absolutely sure that I'm not spending it anywhere else but heaven.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
skiguy_hsv said:
God does exist. Some people - lots of people either disagree, kind of disagree or kind of agree but choose to ignore it. All it takes is a look around you - the trees, the sky, each other. How could every person on the planet all be different and amazing in a different way, all be unique yet still able to feel the same emotions, be able to experience pain and happiness, and be able to love? Even a single celled organism is so incredibly complex that for it to exist 'just because' is near impossible to accept. Or, take Earth for an example. If our planet was just a tiny bit closer to the sun it would be too hot and we'd all die. A tiny bit further away - too cold, we'd all die.
This isn't even referring to the Bible at all WHICH IS ACCEPTED AS AN ACCURATE HISTORICAL DOCUMENT.
You can deny it all you like but the truth is that God is real and one day we will all have to meet him face to face and he will tell us where we will spend eternity and eternity is a very, very long time. I think I'd want to be absolutely sure that I'm not spending it anywhere else but heaven.
there might not be a heaven, and god will possibly not have a face

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)