Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Vezzellda

HSC
acmilan said:
What has baffled me for some time now, I dont know if its just a typo or if its just my version of the Bible, but in Genesis 2:26 the following is said:

Then God said, "And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and reszemble us.

What I've always wondered is who is referred to when God says "us."
The "us" refers to God as the trinity. Jesus and the Holy Spirit were with God since the very beginnning, look at the first chapter of John where the "Word" refers to Jesus;

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men."

Vezzellda

HSC
And by the way the God mentioned in the Quran and the God mentioned in the Bible are definitely not the same. These two literatures completely conlict each other on the most important issues, like how salvation works. The Islam belief asks for works and says that it is possible to "please" God enough to be saved. But the Bible shows that God already loves us unbelievably and it is his free pardoning of our debts, grace, which saves people.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Vezzellda said:
And by the way the God mentioned in the Quran and the God mentioned in the Bible are definitely not the same. These two literatures completely conlict each other on the most important issues, like how salvation works. The Islam belief asks for works and says that it is possible to "please" God enough to be saved. But the Bible shows that God already loves us unbelievably and it is his free pardoning of our debts, grace, which saves people.
thats coz the bible has been changed heaps of times..........and is not the same bible sent originally sent down by god......

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Vezzellda said:
The "us" refers to God as the trinity. Jesus and the Holy Spirit were with God since the very beginnning, look at the first chapter of John where the "Word" refers to Jesus;

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men."
This is in the old testament though which also occurs in the Jewish Tenach. And jews dont believe in the trinity.

I dont understand how it could be a different God. I mean if some of the literature is the same between the Bible and Quran, doesnt it mean it refers to the same God. I guess the difference between the religions that believe in God is the way that they interpret what He wants from us...that doesnt mean that its a different God.

Last edited:

Keen

MD
HSC
physician said:
In the holy book of a muslim .... the Quran... sent to Mohommad (peace be upon him) You can find actual scientific facts that prove God's existance, by proving that the Quran is the actual word of God, u prove that God exists. scientific facts that have only been known to man for ( well some less than 100 years) were allready mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago, The female bee being the worker bee, Mountains being shaped like pegs, Facts about the cerebrum, and many many more.

Oh and by the way, i can give u verses from the bible that give evidenc that there will be a prophet after Jesus(peace be upon him), that is mohommad (peace be upon him? that is if anyone wants to here them...........If not, well thanx for being honest at least.........
This is wrong!
The honey bee stuff I don't know about, but really religious texts can be interepreted in so many ways.
The cerebrum - well guess what this was speculated quite strongly hundreds of years before the Q'uran. Even the ancient Egyptions (~2000 B.C compared to ~600AD) believed the mind to be what controlled our thoughts etc.
Mountains being shaped like pegs?!? Umn, eyes, if we opened them once in a while.

'The heaven, We have built it with power, Verily We are expanding it' - This too me when I read it doesn't talk about an expanding universe but talks about how each generation of humans are making new young, we are increasing in population, we are expanding in knowledge as we develop, we may even exapand to other planets soon.
This can be interepreted many ways don't think that's the only way - that is just being blind. I can see that it could be about relativity but I mean if you were writing a book to tell people to praise you would you say "Expand in knowledge and power" or "Our universe is expanding"?!?

Keen

Last edited:

budj

HSC
Hey regarding to physicians qutes. There are other religions, that do not support the agenda of god, and state this fact aswell. By the way, society functions so that t is lead to beleive that there is a entity reaching down upon them, looking after them. I kinda comfort blacnket.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The idea that everyone is somehow worshipping the same god is a really nice one, and i love religious tollerance... but it's really stupid.

If they're all worshipping the same god, why the focus on picking one religion over the other? why the focus on how this religion is right and the others are wrong?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
If they're all worshipping the same god, why the focus on picking one religion over the other? why the focus on how this religion is right and the others are wrong?
It seems to be a case of who is following the 'proper' path and who is not.

third day

HSC
eco_man said:
yes God does exist and he loves everyone of us. We need to have faith in him and his power. It is sad that most of you are ignorant and very sceptical, but it is never too late to change.
Bless this guy. Take a note from his message everyone...it is never too late to change..and there are many people willing to help you change and grow i faith...me for one.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
The idea that everyone is somehow worshipping the same god is a really nice one, and i love religious tollerance... but it's really stupid.

if the word of god gets changed half way down the track by humans.........thats when religions begin to become different.........if u look at the three main religions.....christainity, judaism and islam........they r quite similar........there are only small parts which differ....

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
if the word of god gets changed half way down the track by humans.........thats when religions begin to become different.........if u look at the three main religions.....christainity, judaism and islam........they r quite similar........there are only small parts which differ....
I Agree. Like I said before, changes in religions usually come when prophets or leaders, who have or havnt been called by God, lead a group of people away from an already existing religion and offer different interpretations on things. Sometimes this is genuine, which i believe is the case for the main religions, and sometimes the leaders may have alternative motive, such as some existing and past cults.

hmm?

acmilan said:
This is in the old testament though which also occurs in the Jewish Tenach. And jews dont believe in the trinity.

I dont understand how it could be a different God. I mean if some of the literature is the same between the Bible and Quran, doesnt it mean it refers to the same God. I guess the difference between the religions that believe in God is the way that they interpret what He wants from us...that doesnt mean that its a different God.

Yes the original Bible would be referring to the same God as the One-and-Only Quran. As jou_jou has explained time and time again, there are now millions upon millions of discrepancies in what is still (somehow) called the Bible which clearly eradicates it of all value.

Christians believing that the Bible is now the 'inspired word' of God written by (several) men must surely have to think twice about the validity of this 'master narrative'. I have not seen or read any two editions of the Bible which were the same and it is this which has caused me to conclude that present-day Christianity is based on false grounds.

Also, Christians believing that "God" aka Jesus (i write this with great discontent)died on the cross is a major farce in the religion. How can God die? Who was God before Jesus was born? There are so so so so many more questions which still remain unanswered regarding the religion which must disprove its rationale.

Thus, the God-protected religion of Islam refers to one and only one God - not a human - not a 'holy spirit' and not some 'father'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezzellda

Everybody is born a muslim -> the early Christians understood this and thus introduced 'Christening'. God doesnt create people he "doesnt love", he set us here on earth, yes, to worship him, and marvel and acknowledge his sheer Power, Grace, Beauty...

In Islam, there are levels of heaven -> why should a Prostitut on Drugs who steals and murders get the same treatment as a so-called 'devout' Christian who goes to Church every Sunday? (there's just another misfortune in the religion devised by humans)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Here we go:

First there are not millions of discrepencies in the Bible, those that exist are only minor. The most important messages still exist.

Secondly get your facts right, Christians dont believe Jesus is God. If they did they wouldnt be saying "In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". They believe that they are connected in the holy trinity. Jesus is the son of man, spiritual son of God. Normally when people sinned they sacraficed animals as a temporary covering for their sins. In the same way, God sent Jesus to be sacraficed as a covering for the whole of humanities sin.

Also on the heaven thing, Jesus himself said that all that go to heaven wont get the same treatment, ie. it depends on how you live your life.

Im not here to criticise and say that my religion is better than the others, so id appreciate if you did the same.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
acmilan said:
Also on the heaven thing, Jesus himself said that all that go to heaven wont get the same treatment, ie. it depends on how you live your life.
Are you Catholic?

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Ah. That makes sense then. Protestantism teaches that good works are irrelevant where life after death is concerned.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
asscookie said:
Ah. That makes sense then. Protestantism teaches that good works are irrelevant where life after death is concerned.
Yep its called "Justification by Faith." One of the main reasons for the split along with indulgences

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
In reply to this thread, and im not sure if it has been said before, but a simple thought here:

If there is no god, why have so many people believed, over so many many years that there is? Are we all being fooled? Im talking alot of people here, more than anyone can comprehend.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
In reply to this thread, and im not sure if it has been said before, but a simple thought here:

If there is no god, why have so many people believed, over so many many years that there is? Are we all being fooled? Im talking alot of people here, more than anyone can comprehend.
Its hard to say if its been said before considering the 2000+ posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)