• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (3 Viewers)

sub

Kleaver said:
Well if you're going to get all gay on me, the 'god' I was referring to was the christian one. You know the one that shagged Mary and had the big headed son? And no, not all religions follow god. Hinduism for example, is a polytheistic religion, which for you idiots, means that they believe in many gods. By being a christian you are saying that that's a load of bollocks because YOU believe there is ONE god. Thus, god can not possibly exist, and that IS what is being debated here.
ok...there is no point saying this but ill do it anyway...as u stated urself...hinudism has gods...ie they believe in god...im not christian btw, so i dont believe what u say anyway about the rest. also the argument about contradiction therefore there is no god is completely bs... that is not argument based on logic, which is what is being derived...or atleast attempted on several occasions.

Kleaver said:
The rest of that quote will have to go un-debated as I have no idea what you were trying to say. Perhaps it would be a good idea if you layed off the marijuana for a few hours before trying to come up with an argument.

If you have another read of my post when you are sober, you will see that I was not debating that there was a religion that's better than all the rest. I was saying that all religions are bullshit. They all contradict each other and hence I choose to believe that they all suck the nut.

No I don't.

Better luck next time, tiger.
riiiiiiiiiight...actually i dont drink...its against my religion to do so, so if u want to pay me out...srsly think about them b4 u write them down... ok...so u made ur opinon known...do u have any EVIDENCE that god does not exist? i would be glad to hear of it...its REALLY hard to argue a negative...have fun. if they contradict each other, it doesn't mean they're all wrong...ur argument is unsound.

Sophie777

Haha. You have NO argument. And, I don't believe in God but I could be wrong. I think that your inability to recognise a possibility that you could be wrong is in fact indicative of your idiocy and smallmindedness. However, I don't want to get involved in a personal argument considering we don't know eachother. But nevertheless, I don't think it is necessary to make personal attacks.

sub

Sophie777 said:
Right then if it is all subjective. You could be wrong.
i know...i MAY be wrong...but from what i have studied, it is the religion that best explains everything. there are flaws in other religions which i will not detail, but islam does not have them...so if i am wrong...which i doubt...highly doubt, then my next bet would be agnostic, cos i dont believe in what the other religions say. however, i KNOW that i am not wrong. if u consider that subjective, then so be it... there really isnt any point arguing it really...its not the point of this thread, and u wont win fighting something subjective...

rapier

sub said:
i know...i MAY be wrong...but from what i have studied, it is the religion that best explains everything. there are flaws in other religions which i will not detail, but islam does not have them...so if i am wrong...which i doubt...highly doubt, then my next bet would be agnostic, cos i dont believe in what the other religions say. however, i KNOW that i am not wrong. if u consider that subjective, then so be it... there really isnt any point arguing it really...its not the point of this thread, and u wont win fighting something subjective...
Totally subjective.

Sophie777

Kleaver said:
Don't worry mate, sucking dick for a living will sometimes have an effect on your brain, so I shall excuse your extreme stupidity. Please, after all your posts, scroll back up and have another read of mine. Actually, just keep reading it.

And stop typing like you're an 11 year old whore. I can not read a single thing you say...

P.S:

It's you that needs the proof, not me.
......Uh huh...

Sophie777

sub said:
Not trying to win. Just want religious people to admit they only believe something, they don't KNOW it is true.

bexta

HSC
Going to have to agree with Kleaver here guys. sub, you do talk like a 11 year old whore.
Also comming from an Anglican School, I've noticed that alot of the Christian religion is based on actually nothing. I have asked my RE teacher numerious amounts of times if she belives in God and actually no! Apprantly there is no god (According to Rvnd. Nic. [don't know her last name lol]).
She blieves that 'God is a spiritual being that exists only in your heart once you full confidence in yourself and the way of the bible'.

Just reading over that quote again, it fustrates me to the point that I urge to go out and eat adorable kittens.
I am not so sure on Islam and other religions, but I know for sure... The Christians/Prodistans/Anglicans etc belief is based on shit all.
I, for myself, have read the Bible and have come to the conclusion that

LOTR > Bible

Them Nazgul could beat Jesus shitless.

nuff said

Sophie777

Well your teacher is obviously right. She should start a new religious movement. How does a whore write? So now when people are sluts they somehow can't form sentences? Do you know how rediculous it is to call someone a whore in order to pretend you are actually making a point? You have no point 'I think, I think' where is your argument?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
That's not the only thing they have in common. There are common morals etc which are very similar to present society's morals eg: treat people with respect. Please refrain from being so rude about religious people. I'm actually very offended and I'm not even a true Christian.
those morals are much more HUMANIST,
you ever studied humanism?
The morals that AREN'T humanist from the religions are stupid absurd ones like 'kill gays'.

rapier

Not-That-Bright said:
those morals are much more HUMANIST,
you ever studied humanism?
The morals that AREN'T humanist from the religions are stupid absurd ones like 'kill gays'.
Wether the morals are shared by humanism or not doesn't mean that they do or don't exist in religious texts, if you follow my meaning.
"Kill gays" is something I have yet to encounter, "Love thy neighbour" would seem more representative of religious attitudes. Granted, there are groups who are exceptions to the rule.

Just playing devil's advocate.

bexta

HSC
My argument is in the wind.
Bible is a bunch of shit. It makes no scientific sence what so ever (like your reply).

But the Holy Book....
it goes on and on and on and on about God talking to Jesus.
God actually talked to Jesus.
Now that brings up the question, was God talking to Jesus physically... or did Jesus have too much ganja? Basing that he actually talked to him, it brings up my next argument.
Does God have a mass? And if god does have a mass, it'll be fuckin huge.
If god did make the universe he would be bigger than it right? Assuming that he did actually "build" it, it would take some time. Quite like Lego.
And everything moves in the universe.. right? Nothing is still - or so they belive.
If god is like.. the next step up from the universe, we could see him - or could we not? People say that you can't see the universe. But what happens at night? You see stars yes? So assuming that there was a god and he has a mass, we could see him. Makes perfect sence to me.
This brings me back to my other point. Everything moves in the universe. Everything is constantly revolving around something in a circluar motion. Except metors. They suck anyway.
So God talked to Jesus in a physical way. Therefor he has mass. If he has mass, we could see him presuming we were in space. SOOOOOO God must be moving. Quite bloody fast too. Next point:
"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing -- a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to m c-squared, in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied by the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned before. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally."
God will be moving fast. Very fast. He would be revolving faster than anything anyone could ever imagine. Also he is big. VEEEERY big.
How does this all work?

waterfowl

HSC
bexta said:
If god did make the universe he would be bigger than it right?
Don't know where that logic comes from!? Humans are quite small in relation to the things they've built!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yes, but unless adam and eve managed to transport themselves to their alien homeland and commit the exact same sin wouldn't they be free of any moral obligations? (in the view of christianity).

bexta

HSC
I had to read that a few times to actually understand lol.
But yeah.. I'm sure that if Adam can invent a leaf to wear over his crotch, he obviously could teleport himself to another planet.

What about incest?

It is recorded in Genesis 3:20, 'And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.' Thus all human beings are descendants of the first woman, Eve. There were no other women - just one woman, Eve.
Also:

One can actually answer this question with just a little Bible knowledge. Genesis 5:4 tells us that Adam and Eve 'begat sons and daughters.' Josephus, the Jewish historian, states that 'The number of Adam's children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three sons and twenty-three daughters.' The point, of course, is that Adam and Eve did have many children.

Therefore, brothers must have married sisters at the beginning. Remember that the law against close intermarriage was not given until the time of Moses - e.g., 'none of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him' (Leviticus 18:6). There was nothing wrong with brother and sister marriages, originally. If you think about it, that is the only way to populate the world, starting with only one pair. Notice that Abraham married his half sister with no condemnation from God, even though this was later forbidden.

If you belive that crap, you are inbred.
Woot.

Sophie777

bexta said:
My argument is in the wind.
Bible is a bunch of shit. It makes no scientific sence what so ever (like your reply).

But the Holy Book....
it goes on and on and on and on about God talking to Jesus.
God actually talked to Jesus.
Now that brings up the question, was God talking to Jesus physically... or did Jesus have too much ganja? Basing that he actually talked to him, it brings up my next argument.
Does God have a mass? And if god does have a mass, it'll be fuckin huge.
If god did make the universe he would be bigger than it right? Assuming that he did actually "build" it, it would take some time. Quite like Lego.
And everything moves in the universe.. right? Nothing is still - or so they belive.
If god is like.. the next step up from the universe, we could see him - or could we not? People say that you can't see the universe. But what happens at night? You see stars yes? So assuming that there was a god and he has a mass, we could see him. Makes perfect sence to me.
This brings me back to my other point. Everything moves in the universe. Everything is constantly revolving around something in a circluar motion. Except metors. They suck anyway.
So God talked to Jesus in a physical way. Therefor he has mass. If he has mass, we could see him presuming we were in space. SOOOOOO God must be moving. Quite bloody fast too. Next point:

God will be moving fast. Very fast. He would be revolving faster than anything anyone could ever imagine. Also he is big. VEEEERY big.
How does this all work?
My reply made alot of sense. Considering I can actually spell I think I make far better sense.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
sub said:
Knowledge = justified, true belief

Don't think any of us can know

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
bexta said:
I had to read that a few times to actually understand lol.
But yeah.. I'm sure that if Adam can invent a leaf to wear over his crotch, he obviously could teleport himself to another planet.

What about incest?

Also:

If you belive that crap, you are inbred.
Woot.
lol no i was making a comment about something said earlier 'if aliens come to earth it wouldn't be proof that god doesn't exist'

Sophie777

I think we all realise that it is impossible to prove God exists. We'll all just have to make our own guesses and hope for the best.

What is the point, if he does exist, of making us all try and guess and understand if he exists. He's an idiot if he thinks it is ok to make humans play stupid games. Why doesn't he just say he exists... as if it is our fault we see logic? Isn't it his fault?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)