• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The problem is i want to make a comment to a bunch of his comments... but really if we keep this up we'll be writing 10,000 page thesis to each other.
Therefore.. i now STOP posting in this thread.

I've made my points, the theists have made theirs.... if the same faults keep comming to me i'm going to crack.

In his reply to my answers.. his replies were pointed out as faults in some of my other writings.. he then argues his way out of that using another point that i have brought up....

Last edited:

Sophie777

Yeh but so what? That is so vague. You could read anything into that. That proves nothing. It makes no reference to any other life. So, if there was life...does he not care about the others enough to even mention them?

waterfowl

HSC
Sophie777 said:
Yeh but so what? That is so vague. You could read anything into that. That proves nothing. It makes no reference to any other life. So, if there was life...does he not care about the others enough to even mention them?
All I was saying is that if Aliens did come and land on Earth, it would not disprove God's existence

Comrade nathan

HSC
joujou_84 said:
that was me who said that and not sub and for ur information, i didnt have respect for u from the beginning because u personally attack ppl and their beliefs and thats just low and cheap
This was a debate for mature people. We were meant to attack people's beliefs while up holding our own. Thats how a debate works. If you came in here you should of expected this, if your going to get offended dont come in and shut up.

Sophie777

You know whats wrong with the bible? Murderers can commit murders and ask for Gods forgiveness and thats ok??? That is NOT ok. It isn't ok in the legalsystem... you still go to jail. Why is it that christianity condones murder if you really do feel sorry afterwards? SO WHAT! People who murder don't deserve to live, let alone have eternal life.

sub

Comrade nathan said:
This was a debate for mature people. We were meant to attack people's beliefs while up holding our own. Thats how a debate works. If you came in here you should of expected this, if your going to get offended dont come in and shut up.
yes, comrade nathan, it IS a debate for mature people...which is EXACTLY why u dont discredit people...only their IDEAS...obviously u missed that point...
i dont think she was offended at u rejecting her ideas, that is expected, but u DONT go around abusing people...say what u want in a nicer manner...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think you'll find it is often human negligence that causes the planes to crash, so therefore humans are responsible. At other times, say if lightning hits the plane, it is blamed on an act of God... but you dont believe in God, and you think science explains everything. Science explains why metal attracts electricity. Why label a God you dont believe in a murderer, if the science that you are sure of is responsible for killing people?
I lied (i'll probably keep posting..)
I have constantly said that SCIENCE DOESN'T EXPLAIN EVERYTHING...theists use these portions of life to somehow PROOVE god exists, 700 years ago I would of been told that the sun appearing is proof that god exists, 600 years ago i would of been told that an EARTHQUAKE is proof of god... 300 Years ago i would of been told the stars are proof of god..... 100 years ago I would of been told life on earth is proof of god... Now i'm being told because science can't explain every facet of life there must be a god.

sub

Argonaut said:
If God does not exist, then I believe that there is something out there. After all, why give us life if there is nothing after it?
which is sorta what we're discussing argonaut...

Comrade nathan

HSC
Argonaut said:
If God does not exist, then I believe that there is something out there. After all, why give us life if there is nothing after it?
We werent given life, life happened.

sub

Comrade nathan said:
I didnt discredict anyone in a inappropriate way.
no only called them "simple" etc... that is NOT how u act in a debate...keep the slurring to slurring ideas only pls...if u have anything else to say, say it personally thru pm's etc... no need to voice how u feel about others publically...it'll save u the embarrassment of being looked upon as vindictive...

Comrade nathan

HSC
Again its debate, its open you enter under a unwritten contract. He was simple his debate was simple all the theist are simple. Can we liven it up.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sophie777 said:
You know whats wrong with the bible? Murderers can commit murders and ask for Gods forgiveness and thats ok??? That is NOT ok. It isn't ok in the legalsystem... you still go to jail. Why is it that christianity condones murder if you really do feel sorry afterwards? SO WHAT! People who murder don't deserve to live, let alone have eternal life.
I don't think that's what's wrong with the bible. I forgot which one says you need to be forgiven to get to heaven and the other talks about your sins...

Christian/Catholic/etc... Can someone explain the difference??? I always forget.

EDIT: by wrong with the bible, I mean, I think it's more to do what the rules of a particular religion encompass.... and I forgot which one it was

Kleaver

HSC
He sure doesn't!

How can you possible have the arrogance to claim that God does exist when there are all these other religions that claim he doesn't? By following a religion you are saying that your religion is the only one that is right and that if you disagree you are an ignorant shit head.

Well fuck you, you naive kewks. You can not possibly state that out of all the religions in the world, yours is the one that is correct. That's how wars start :uhhuh:

Final word: What do all religions have in common? They all worship a greater being. The only people that follow a religion are ignorant pansies who can't live their miserable lives without kissing the arse of somebody better than them.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Kleaver said:
How can you possible have the arrogance to claim that God does exist when there are all these other religions that claim he doesn't? By following a religion you are saying that your religion is the only one that is right and that if you disagree you are an ignorant shit head.

Well fuck you, you naive kewks. You can not possibly state that out of all the religions in the world, yours is the one that is correct. That's how wars start :uhhuh:

Final word: What do all religions have in common? They all worship a greater being. The only people that follow a religion are ignorant pansies who can't live their miserable lives without kissing the arse of somebody better than them.
That's not the only thing they have in common. There are common morals etc which are very similar to present society's morals eg: treat people with respect. Please refrain from being so rude about religious people. I'm actually very offended and I'm not even a true Christian.

sub

Not-That-Bright said:
How many theists on here have called me stupid and wrong? thanks for standing up for me too sub.
i dont know if that was intended as a sarcastic comment or not...but i agree, u shouldn't be called stupid or simple...tho wrong is an entirely different matter... as long as in the context they dont mean "wrong in the head" or sumsuch...

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've ignored all the (irrelevant) parts about the Bible ----

Wilmo said:
If I cant find evidence of the truth, then yes I would be highly skeptical. BUT why should I rule out the fact that you may have seen a UFO? If you saw a UFO, then you may well have seen it, but if i didnt see it as well, then I will not know if you really did see it. Surely I must experience it myself if I am going to fully believe it, but just because I didnt experience it doesnt mean it didnt happen.
Exactly. It doesn't mean it didn't happen. BUT it also means you have no grounds for positively believing that it happened either.

Wilmo said:
In the same way, just because you havent experienced the presence of God doesnt mean that he doesnt exist. It means you have havent experience him. Despite how hard you would find it to believe, that doesnt mean that you should discount it all together as something made up.
It doesn't mean it should be discounted (per se), it means it should not be asserted as if it was real or truth.

Wilmo said:
Therefore there is only one God that exists, and any other God or gods people worship must be the same God viewed from a different perspective... or maybe their religions god is not a god at all. People worship money, but that doesnt make money an aspect of God.
Maybe your religion's God is not a God at all.

Wilmo said:
You must be aware that not all spiritual miracles are Heaven sent. There is also demons in the spiritual world that have the primary aim of misleading people.
I really should consult Charmed more often for these interesting answers..

Wilmo said:
There is but one God as i stated before, because there can be only one. Miracles do not prove the existance of many gods, but the existance of a spiritual world.
I don't think you can possibly know that. Your position assumes that God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. Any evidence of that?

Wilmo said:
I will not rule out the possibility of life on other planets because we are only one tiny planet in one tiny galaxy of a big large universe. But i think its interesting how precisely placed our little planet is. That doesnt prove that a God specifically placed us there, but I think he did.
Our planet precisely positioned?? You just happen to be on this planet! One planet has to be positioned here, it could have been any planet. Either, way there was probably going to be a planet here

sub

Kleaver said:
firstly mate, all religions have a god...unless u claim athiesm to be a religion too... :confused: and no, y DO think urs is the right one and that u follow the right god, but u DONT think people are "ignorant shitheads" - merely misguided...but that's not what's being debated here

Kleaver said:
again, not what is being debated here. ther debate is "is there a god" or "does he exist" - same thing really... not "which is the better religion"...

Kleaver said:
YOU look up to someone too, mate...its in ur nature to - it's human nature...the theists believe in god...u obviously dont... however, u DO idolise something, be it a person, a statue, or aliens...so ur argument about "kissing someone's arse" places u in that category too... only u kiss someone who is equal to u... (using ur argument...however, that is NOT how religion is viewed...)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
sub said:
hey moonlight, what do u define as "god"...maybe i can work off that...as there is no real definition for what god is...it sorta gets lost in translation. also, my definition of what god is may be considered "biased" as i follow a religion...
pls dont say "an elusive being believed by some to exist..." - i want a real definition, like the starter of all things...not making much sense am i?
well...i want a definition that u can relate to god. is it the ultimate being upon whom there is no parallel? just throw some ideas around and ill see if i can get them to work, cos i REALLY think i have to sorta look at it from ur perspective to give u what ur looking for...once again no promises that i can deliver :)
The typical definition of God is the ominpresent, omnipotent, omniscient creator of the universe... according to believers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)