Does low price tutoring = inferior quality tutoring ? (1 Viewer)

Does low price tutoring = inferior teaching

• Yes

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 67 85.9%

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
k, just seemed like it could possibly because you said "not everyone is in it for the money".

I dont think it is greedy or selfish to ask for a bit more than what a maccas worker would get ( or atleast even get even with what a maccas worker gets ).

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Obviously not. I'm merely pointing out there are good bargain priced tutors.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
good luck finding someone to tutor for that XD.

A 17yr old that hasnt finished their hsc, working at maccas makes more than that :p.

I am not doing tutoring for the money and to become a millionare, but I definately dont want to be getting less than I am currently getting.
I'm 16 and work at maccas and I only get $10.45 or something an hour.
Does it really jump up that much when I turn 17?

HSC
N/A
I'm 16 and work at maccas and I only get $10.45 or something an hour.
Does it really jump up that much when I turn 17?
lol I think you mean $10.35/hr, im looking at the NSW award right now as I speak.

Also, let me change that to "an 18yr old working at maccas would make more than that". I only said 17 to cover the possibly that they have got their hsc but are still under 18yrs old.

17yr old casual gets $12.41/hr
18yr old casual gets $14.48/hr
19 yr old casual gets $16.55/hr

then remember that you are employed for a minium of 4hrs each shift at a casual job. You would have to do 4 times as much travelling doing private tutoring to get the same number of hours of work, making a reasonable amount of extra travel costs.

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol I think you mean $10.35/hr, im looking at the NSW award right now as I speak.

Also, let me change that to "an 18yr old working at maccas would make more than that". I only said 17 to cover the possibly that they have got their hsc but are still under 18yrs old.

17yr old casual gets $12.41/hr
18yr old casual gets $14.48/hr
19 yr old casual gets $16.55/hr

then remember that you are employed for a minium of 4hrs each shift at a casual job. You would have to do 4 times as much travelling doing private tutoring to get the same number of hours of work.
Yeah, but still, I'll be under 18 if I start tutoring people.
Btw, why don't you just get a job at maccas then? :p
It would clash with your tutoring timetable, you can just put your availablities so that it won't.
Btw, do you tutor ANY students at the moment?

HSC
N/A
Yeah, but still, I'll be under 18 if I start tutoring people.
Btw, why don't you just get a job at maccas then? :p
It would clash with your tutoring timetable, you can just put your availablities so that it won't.
Btw, do you tutor ANY students at the moment?
I do work at a maccas lol

and no I havent got anyone yet, bit strange , no one seems to even want the free lesson thing .

It doesnt really bother me doing free lessons now as I have alot of free time , but once university goes back I dont really have time to be giving away for free, im going to be reasonably busy with my own stuff.

HSC
N/A
Well since no one has wanted the free lesson does that mean that we can expect a much better cohort this year in terms of maths, or is that just wishful thinking :p

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well since no one has wanted the free lesson does that mean that we can expect a much better cohort this year in terms of maths, or is that just wishful thinking :p
I honestly would go for you for tutoring, but you're way too far away. If you were standing outside my door I probably still wouldn't get up and walk over to you.
Also, I don't do tutoring... Mostly because I'm too lazy, but also because there's no one good in my area that I know of.

HSC
N/A
Yes!!, I just got a phone call from a parent that saw my ad on tutorfinder about doing tutoring this sunday for two year 11 students. Finally someone has given me a chance , now I just need to not screw up and show them that their trust is well placed : )

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes!!, I just got a phone call from a parent that saw my ad on tutorfinder about doing tutoring this sunday for two year 11 students. Finally someone has given me a chance , now I just need to not screw up and show them that their trust is well placed : )
I feel sorry for them... are they male or female?
Congrats man.
Your signature amuses me more and more everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)