Does Standard English drop your mark? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
i think its true how it scales equally

but majority of standard english candidates are idiots who are apathetic, and this is the lowest english course they can enter into which in a sense screws the rest of the students doing this course

3/4 are just theere becoz parents forced them to stay in scool its really stupid

they dont even try at all and its silly they should all die

and im not talking about ppl failign

im talking about ppl in classes who just continuously bum around dont do work, dont even care about their own HSC but just wanting to get a 60 in their hsc and thats it come out and work

thos spastics

i can say this becoz i know all the ones who are on the forums actually wanna do good

Rojc01

HSC
nahh, in my school it is around 4/5 who bum around.

some of the dickheads don't even know what HSC stands for (Hot Sexy Chicks one idiot thought). make that 9/10

Why do these people exist?

i'm one of those guys that actually does try only to be dragged down by these people

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Chris462

pff, to the idiot that said we dont get taught to the standard that advanced students do, does that really matter? i haven't learnt a thing in english, though i go well because i enjoy writing and reading... you can't be taught, you either have 'it' or you don't...

Josh17

yeah i reckon thats a bit of bullshit that standard english doesnt teach you something that Advanced does coz if that was the case i would at least expect my teacher to tell me what it is so i could try to learn it.

Bad crumpet Chris...a lot of English is either you have it or you dont, but to get a really top mark then thats when the things they teach you are handy.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
English (Standard) and English (Advanced) are both scaled in the same way.

Theoretically, there is no disadvantage. In practise, you might not do as well as you could have done - that depends entirely on you.
i've seen this written like 10 times in the last 2days :)
its' just so hard to get ur head around because no one in standard got a band 6 last year

Josh17

Originally posted by iambored
i've seen this written like 10 times in the last 2days :)
its' just so hard to get ur head around because no one in standard got a band 6 last year
Dude you've gotta press next page to see different messages...gee....some people lol :rolleyes:

Winston

HSC
heh anyways

nah to be honest i think seriously the BOS should make a english course thats for the apathetic ones, like the ones who actually dont care...

like we care the ones in standard but the problem is we suck at english coz its not our area of aptitude, but because we are stuck with a bunch of idiots who SERIOUSLY DONT CARE, which the BOS renders us the ones who want to do good, as apathetic as well, so why should we be penalised for this, i think they either seperate us workers from the apathetic ones OR... better yet dont cap our bands, and dont be so harsh on us for the HSC, since ESL scales even better than us.. sadly..

Rosem

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
English (Standard) and English (Advanced) are both scaled in the same way.

Theoretically, there is no disadvantage. In practise, you might not do as well as you could have done - that depends entirely on you.
No they don't
there is lots of dis for standard:chainsaw: :argue:

Elhaam

hey i dont think that going dropping down to english standard is going to affect your uai. It doesn't really matter what subjects you have as long as you get a good uai. i hope i helped

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chris462
pff, to the idiot that said we dont get taught to the standard that advanced students do, does that really matter? i haven't learnt a thing in english, though i go well because i enjoy writing and reading... you can't be taught, you either have 'it' or you don't...
Originally posted by Josh17
yeah i reckon thats a bit of bullshit that standard english doesnt teach you something that Advanced does coz if that was the case i would at least expect my teacher to tell me what it is so i could try to learn it.

i dont know, all im doing is relaying what my teacher told me, a person who is the HT Eng at my school and a senior HSC marker.

standard english students are going to get screwed no matter what

our course is not that much easier than advanced the only difference is that we do different texts....except we are scaled down basically more than any other subject

like it or lump it guys

;)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by waltzing amanda
standard english students are going to get screwed no matter what

our course is not that much easier than advanced the only difference is that we do different texts....except we are scaled down basically more than any other subject

like it or lump it guys

;)

Well the main difference would be, our modules texts are a bit easier than advance

SoFTuaRiaL

the scaling depends on how u go for area of study. on an average, std students do faaar worse than adv students in AoS. so even if u happen to be a std student, and score way more than most adv students, u tend to get scaled down since std students on an average dont do good.
however, it isnt impossible to score over 95 with std eng. but if ure looking for a 99+ uai, oopsie

Ella

Originally posted by Winston
heh anyways

nah to be honest i think seriously the BOS should make a english course thats for the apathetic ones, like the ones who actually dont care...

well aren't we in an advantage if we have "lazy" students doin the same course... doesnt this mean that we will do better then them which does in fact scale us up???
huh am i getting somethin wrong???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)