does the first rank ALWAYS get the highest assesmet mark ??? (1 Viewer)

SarahY11

HSC
ok i know so much about the uai process but i still don't get it lol
my school was ranked around 590 or something like that from 600 in the state

however i still managed to get good assesment marks and ranks

Question:
for most of the subjects there is just 1 or 2 marks difference between me and the first person does this mean that who ever gets the highest hsc mark gets the higher assesment mark or can i get the highest assement mark coz there is only 1 or 2 marks differnce??

If any one gets what i'm saying and knows the answer plz reply

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The highest assessment mark is always given to the student ranked first by the school - that is the point of the ranking process.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, your ranks in your internals matter because they will take your ranks and align it with the marks of the externals, and then give you the mark corresponding to your rank. That's why it's so important to have a strong cohort, where there isn't that much of a mark gap between people.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Yeah, your ranks in your internals matter because they will take your ranks and align it with the marks of the externals, and then give you the mark corresponding to your rank. That's why it's so important to have a strong cohort, where there isn't that much of a mark gap between people.

Except for first and last they do NOT necessarily give the mark that corresponds to your rank as they also have to take into account the relative difference between the ranks.

eg

Student A - internal 94 and external 96
Student B - internal 88 and external 95

Doesn't mean that Student B will get a moderated internal mark of 95 (unless there are only two students in the class). Student B will get a somewhat lower internal mark to reflect the gaps between them as well as their rank.

Student A will get internal 96 and external 96.
Student B will get an internal mark that reflects the gap as well as the rank and keep the external mark of 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)