Does the School Certificate and Trials even matter? (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I believe i might speak on behalf of most year 10s when i say that I have procrastinated till the day before my trials and am totally spewing on how it might be important? So the question is, how important is it?

I am doing just the maths part of the school certificate (accelerated), should us people worry more or less?

bored of sc

HSC
No. You'll be fine if you put a decent amount of work in.

TBK11

HSC
well your Trials go to your yearly report for our school Trials are worth 15%
not even worth my time looking at that considering you get assignments that are worth 20% for some subjects.
Trials is just a 2hr test like how an Examination would be done nothing special bout it i reckon waste of time we should just do it in school with normal time limit of 1 Period not this bullshit of 2hrs sitting in a hall.

as for sc id say if ur going to y12 and are 100% u wont drop then its not as important as HSC dont worry about it as most people in yr10 will more than likely get a Band 5+ thats how easy it is i reckon

Nothing to worry about unless your considering dropping out in yr10

Naminé

HSC
They aren't that important in the relative scheme of things compared to say, the HSC, if you're continuing to Year Twelve.

I would still study myself though as they do contribute towards your end-of-year mark and will reflect better on your abilities in the future if you do well. =)

I'm a hypocrite though 'cause I didn't even know [prolonged illness] the trials are today and so I did minimal revision. -_-

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Naminé said:

I'm a hypocrite though 'cause I didn't even know [prolonged illness] the trials are today and so I did minimal revision. -_-
Yeh, i have also been sick for a while to and when I came back to school (last week Thursday) the teacher was like ' Oh, and Kurt, you have the trial school certificate in 4 school days!'

Naminé

HSC
kurt.physics said:
Yeh, i have also been sick for a while to and when I came back to school (last week Thursday) the teacher was like ' Oh, and Kurt, you have the trial school certificate in 4 school days!'
Awww, I'm glad you're better. Hehehe, I didn't even know. I knew that my trials were 'sometime', but I turned up to school late today due to health problems and missed my entire English trial. Everyone was like, 'Wow, I wish I could skip like you too', lol. 'WHAT EXAMS AAAH OH MY GOD *FLAIL*'

So now I have to miss class on Wednesday to take it. Not complaining =)

HSC
To an extent it matters in that it gives you a solid grounding for year 11.

For example, if you can write an essay response an analyse a text (I'm not talking about the comprehension section here) you'll probably be off to a good start, however the nature of the SC and HSC are completely different so don't take it as the be all/end all.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I dont get why everyone keeps asking the same question?

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
I did my SC through TAFE in 3 months and everyone told me I was ruining my life.

Now I'm ranked first in all my prelim subjects, back in a "normal" school. What you achieve in the SC doesn't affect or predict your overall HSC results, but the skills you learn from it are vital to a higher level of success in your HSC studies.

My advice: enjoy it while you can and think of it as practice :)

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Some universities ask for your School Certificate marks when applying for Early Entry, that's all I can really think of but overall they don't weigh in incredibly as opposed to HSC Trials, Year 11 Reports etc.

nrs1990

HSC
The SC trials aren't important. I don't even remember what I got. ;)

The school certificate itself... If you're leaving school, it could be useful, and some early entry applications for uni ask what you got. But beyond that, no one really cares about the school certificate.

The sad thing is that I was just as disillusioned about it when I was actually in year 10.

ratcher0071

HSC
SC is not important, but that doesn't mean you should fail in it! SC could be important if you're dropping at the end of Yr 10.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
i've been looking at some of the old SC papers, as long as you try all the questions and make a bit of an effort you'll be fine.

xJennax

HSC
I guess they do matter, especially if you're leaving in year 10. However, when you get your HSC the SC doesn't really count for that much. I didn't even study for the SC...

LynFay

HSC
TBK11 said:
well your Trials go to your yearly report for our school Trials are worth 15%
not even worth my time looking at that considering you get assignments that are worth 20% for some subjects.
Well Damn! Some idiot told me that they're worth 60% of your yearly report! :mad: I've been studing for the TRIAL school certificate and now i find out they're 15%. That's great.

speedofsound

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
I dont get why everyone keeps asking the same question?
Because teachers continue to feed us false information, as to how the SC is actually important. The mixture of that + deluded year 10's = much repetition. :D

LynFay said:
Well Damn! Some idiot told me that they're worth 60% of your yearly report! I've been studing for the TRIAL school certificate and now i find out they're 15%. That's great.
It's different at every single school... my trials are worth 40%-60% on my report. Unless you two go to the same school, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)