Does the Year 12 HSC exams have topics covered in Year 11 (NOOB question) (1 Viewer)

zacgrant90

HSC
In the Year 12 exams are their topics from Year 11 in it. I haven't done so well this year (year 11), needing to know if the exams consist of anything Year 11 or is just primarily Year 12 stuff.

Intrinsic

HSC
Only little things :)
I guess it would be advantageous to know a couple things, but overall if you work hard and look up terms/theories that you missed in the prelim course, you'll be fine :)

Intrinsic

HSC
u use ur year 11 knowledge for most of year 12 content
I, and many others have hardcore day-dreamed throughout the prelim course. And no, it doesn't play a role in our success or failures in the HSC course.

zacgrant90

HSC
obviously
Bit rude their. Thats like saying that each year in high school is connected (in a way yes, in a way no). For example, in English in the beginning years I learned about techniques, no I have no idea about any of them and I haven't needed to identify any of those techniques for a few years. Just needed to know if year 11 and 12 work are strongly connected, I need to set an expectation for myself

zacgrant90

HSC
Only little things :)
I guess it would be advantageous to know a couple things, but overall if you work hard and look up terms/theories that you missed in the prelim course, you'll be fine :)
This is a good answer, better then "obviously"

Kymren

HSC
Depends on the subject.
A lot of what you learn in the prelim course in subjects like science, music and religion, forms the basis for what you will learn in the HSC course.
These things can be relearnt, but you will have to work harder than someone who remembers all their stuff from the prelim course. I had the same problem and there are still some basic concepts I still struggle with.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Mathematics 30% preliminary course can be tested in year 11.

dinomyte

HSC
Pretty much maths relies on 30% prelim course. And language as well would definitely rely on all of your prelim content too. I guess with subjects that are more skill-based and less content-based would be more likely to have stuff carry over from prelim? English is entirely different texts and different modules, same with history and probably most humanities. So no, Year 11 and 12 not really that connected, it's entirely possible to bomb y11 but end up doing really well in y12 - comes down your effort and perseverance. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)