Does This Seem Right? (1 Viewer)

fantabulous

HSC
Sorry everyone its my first time posting and I'm not sure if this is the right place. Ok, well I know there's nothing I can do about it, but i really being wronged and want other people's opinions.

These were my HSc marks 2007:

Eng Adv 88
Chem 91
Maths Adv 86
Maths ext 1 39/50
Biology 90
Ipt 84

My UAI with these marks was 62.35 :( its so low compare to my marks

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
That sounds kind of sus hey.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
What school did you go to?
What was your ranks in those subjects?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That UAI doesn't sound right to me.

I would ask for your school to investigate or ask the BOS to explain.

You are doing subjects that are highly regarded and got high bands in most of them.

Students at my school, with similar marks (or even lower as we didn't get that many Band 6s this year), were getting into the 90s UAIs. e.g. one student Band 5 Eng Adv, Band 6 2U Maths, Band 5 everything else - Physics, Chemistry, 3U Maths and Anc and got well into the 90s UAI.

With those marks I would expect at least high 80s or even low 90s.

I am assuming that these marks were the final marks and not either the school assessment marks/just your exam marks by the way.

If these are the final marks, after scaling of school assessments and doing the exams then there is something badly wrong in my opinion with your UAI and there needs to be some explanation from the BOS.

I also have a neice with a higher UAI then you and she did Standard English, Ancient History, 2U Maths, SOR, PD and Business Studies and got high Band 4s in all of them and got a UAI of 65.??

ssglain

HSC
No that doesn't seem right at all. A friend of mine did similar subjects and got all low-mid band 5 plus a high band 4 and still got 83.xx UAI. Definitely ask UAC to explain.

Mah

HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
seems about right to me. try harder @ tafe.
Your a jelous wanker
I got 87 and he got better marks than me he is in the low 90's for sure

miraj

mr.47
HSC
fantabulous said:
Sorry everyone its my first time posting and I'm not sure if this is the right place. Ok, well I know there's nothing I can do about it, but i really being wronged and want other people's opinions.

These were my HSc marks 2007:

Eng Adv 88
Chem 91
Maths Adv 86
Maths ext 1 39/50
Biology 90
Ipt 84

My UAI with these marks was 62.35 :( its so low compare to my marks
man whats up there, Thats hard to believe with those marks u could get such low UAI, I mean u did much better subjects then i did. its a bit hard to believe ur story mate. Its either they has been an enormoues fuckup at UAC in regards to ur scaling or ur lieing.
I got 74.15 UAI and I did
2 unit maths 81
Standard Eng 73
IT 79
IPT 81
Bio 80

Last edited:

fantabulous

HSC
Exphate: The HSC 2008 is clearly a mistake. I fixed it now.
Kujah: I'm not a troll.

Anyway everyone. Good news. I got that UAI from a teacher who i gave my UAC login (I was away when the results came out) and when I got back I tried to login myself and it said my UAI was 90.25 :):):):):)

Turns out she (my teacher) used the wrong login and told me someone else's UAI! She apologised profusely for it but I can't beieive the pain she put me through!!

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

kay, why did the teacher have somebody elses uac login as well?

fantabulous

HSC
She had the login of some other girl in my year as well, because she also went away. She got them mixed up. The other girl was really sad because she thought she got 90.25.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
fantabulous said:
She had the login of some other girl in my year as well, because she also went away. She got them mixed up. The other girl was really sad because she thought she got 90.25.
So if you couldn't access it because you were away, then how did she tell you what UAI you got? If by phone, etc, then why could you not have rung up to find out?

sbeydoun91

In za box, which is
HSC
N/A
Ruffelz. I feel sorry for the girl who thought she got 90+
:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)