Does your school affect your results for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

whatusername?

HSC
wats wrong with doing only 10 units? i only do 11 and im thinking of dropping ext. math. only 10 get counted toward ur hsc right? so why do more unless u think u'll do badly in one of the others?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I'll give you an example.

I'll do 4u math, adv english, chemistry, physics, and economics.

If I get 97+ in all those subjects, that'll be good. If I was doing 10 units, and say... I screwed up physics, and got 95, then my UAI drops by .05 or so. If I had economics, and I got 98 in that, even if I got the bad mark in physics, It wouldn't matter. Besides, its only an extra 2 units, and it's barely any extra effort at all.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
I'll give you an example.

I'll do 4u math, adv english, chemistry, physics, and economics.

If I get 97+ in all those subjects, that'll be good. If I was doing 10 units, and say... I screwed up physics, and got 95, then my UAI drops by .05 or so. If I had economics, and I got 98 in that, even if I got the bad mark in physics, It wouldn't matter. Besides, its only an extra 2 units, and it's barely any extra effort at all.
97+ in all your subjects will mean UAI of 100.

Even 95 in all your subjects will mean UAI of 100.

97 in Chemistry will mean top 10 in the state. 97 in Physics will mean top 15 in the state. 97 in economics will mean top 20 in the state. 97 in advanced english means top 10 in the state. So getting 97 in all your subjects will prove very difficult even though I know that you are brilliant at all your subjects.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Because i don't know how to get good marks in english. :(

science and math, you just write your answer and show working. :D

For english...:confused: i dunno... write something plagarised from spark notes??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
Because i don't know how to get good marks in english. :(

science and math, you just write your answer and show working. :D

For english...:confused: i dunno... write something plagarised from spark notes??
WORST ADVICE: You can always copy relevant essays and memorise it. Questions in HSC tend to be simialar every year. However, this is the last resort. I have never done this before and I won't do it (hopefully). I read some articles about this 'technique' and someone from Normanhurst got 89 in Advanced English just by memorising off from someone else's. I wonder how he got 89 because no matter what, he also had to do AOS.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
But our year is the first year doing belonging. There won't be any essays for me to plagarise. T_T

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
But our year is the first year doing belonging. There won't be any essays for me to plagarise. T_T
You just reminded me of that!!!

But look at the bright side! If you can't plagarise, no one can! It is an opportunity for you to 'step up' from those who cheat by memorsing off others' essays.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
whatusername? said:
wats wrong with doing only 10 units? i only do 11 and im thinking of dropping ext. math. only 10 get counted toward ur hsc right? so why do more unless u think u'll do badly in one of the others?
there is nothing wrong with doing only 10 units. but i would rather do more than less simply for the fact that you are getting a free eduction, so you may as well learn as much as you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)