Does your School Mark ya Hard? (1 Viewer)

Does you school mark you hard?

• Yea!! They don't give us a break

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Nah.....they allows us to breathe

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Maybe....at times yea

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Got no idea

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Hey guys im wondering if your school is doing that since im getting fuckin sick of my skool doing that

Danoz The Great

HSC
My school has the whip out!

Apparently we're the laziest grade that has been through my school, in all of it's now 18 years. :)

tempco

HSC
marking hard doesn't matter, as long as everyone's marked hard.

A l

HSC
N/A
You're not alone. More than half the grade fails with a very tough marking scheme at my school. They mark the hardest out of all the school's faculties. Although it is still ranks that matter, it really lowers your self-esteem and self-confidence in English especially at the level in our school. For example, in the Area of Study exam the grade average for the reading section was 4/15 and the grade average for the creative writing section was 10/20!!!!! In other words it can be said that more than half the grade fails English.
That was really harsh, considering that most people get band 4 and band 5 results in the HSC at the end.

Beege

HSC
I'm in year 11

yeh, i did a 2 and a half page essay this year and i only got 10.5/20

and I talked about everything I knew about the topic and yet my mark was shitty. However the speeches that we did last term were marked much more fairly and they were on the topic of change. I got 10.5/15 (70%), highest mark in english for the whole year lol, i usually average about 50-55% in assessments

But overall Std English is fucked, advanced get way better marks, I think they average at least 75-90% in assessments. If i knew about this when I was picking my subjects I would of picked advanced, biggest regret whilst choosing my subjects for 11 & 12.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory V2

HSC
Yes! Our teacher told us at the start of yr11 that she will be marking hard so we know what to expect for the HSC and year 12.
Our yearlys were marked extremely hard and I was the highest with a mark of 70% which i'm pretty proud of :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Beege said:
I'm in year 11

and I talked about everything I knew about the topic and yet my mark was shitty. However the speeches that we did last term were marked much more fairly and they were on the topic of change. I got 10.5/15 (70%), highest mark in english for the whole year lol, i usually average about 50-55% in assessments

But overall Std English is fucked, advanced get way better marks, I think they average at least 75-90% in assessments. If i knew about this when I was picking my subjects I would of picked advanced, biggest regret whilst choosing my subjects for 11 & 12.
On the contrary, I would and have already known to perform better in English Standard. Plus, they set no differences in marking schemes for Standard and Advanced.

Obviously you would get a shit mark if you wrote only 2.5 pages in your essay, if you wrote a strong but short essay you should have a few more marks than that.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
umm..
my school doesnt mark hard, they just dish out a whole lot of warnings.
'make sure u dont do that in ur next essay...' etc. when they marked the aos they divided up the adv english and stan. english papers and marked stan. easier. :) btw 2.5 pages for an essay isnt that much...it doesnt matter so much about the length but how much u actually answered the question.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
lizziegirl said:
umm..
my school doesnt mark hard, they just dish out a whole lot of warnings.
'make sure u dont do that in ur next essay...' etc. when they marked the aos they divided up the adv english and stan. english papers and marked stan. easier. :) btw 2.5 pages for an essay isnt that much...it doesnt matter so much about the length but how much u actually answered the question.
Thank you.

HSC
Beege said:
I'm in year 11

\

yeah you're so right english std is stuffed up
i got good marks during year 10 english now teachers want to fuck me up hard by marking hard. its not fair there are few teachers and half of them mark hard half easy and when i did my oral task i got the fucking dopey looking hard marker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)