doing all 3 sciences would it help? (1 Viewer)

H4rdc0r3

HSC
its sort of good because you get heaps of practice writing pracs which are a huge part of all three subjects.

Rfelt110191

HSC
I did bio and chem in yr 11 and it was really good... u get practice writing up pracs and there's some overlap (altho they try to minimise it) i can't remember with what tho... possibly the water topic :S But yh the only reason I dropped chem was coz i had 12 units and wanted to pick up 4u maths and 4u english... I know that in bio the option i'm doing this yr has physics in it so yh it can help and think about it... the more sciences... the less essays :)

forkyspoony18

HSC
I find doing both chemistry and biology helps because there is overlaps between them (especially in the options im doing). If you have an interest in science and think you could cope doing all 3 sciences then do it.

adnan91

HSC
Im doing all three sciences and i dont find it that hard. Biology is the one that requires the least amount of work. Physics is generally harder than chemistry but its still mad. I guess if your really into science's then do all three if not chem+bio they go good together. :)

TBK11

HSC
im not too good at physics thats the thing it really confuses me but im very keen on learning about it seems very interesting to me just wondering if i should do it, im interested in learning going into the depths of physics but don't perform too well at it did hopeless in class.

when we were learning about Force and 1 of Newtons law confused the crap out of me Mass= Fxa or something like that

anywho if ur interested in a subject and dont think u can perform well in it is it worth picking?

suzlee

HSC
TBK11 said:
im not too good at physics thats the thing it really confuses me but im very keen on learning about it seems very interesting to me just wondering if i should do it, im interested in learning going into the depths of physics but don't perform too well at it did hopeless in class.

when we were learning about Force and 1 of Newtons law confused the crap out of me Mass= Fxa or something like that

anywho if ur interested in a subject and dont think u can perform well in it is it worth picking?

Someone I know told me that for physics, if you get it, you get it. If you don't get it, you don't. In other words if you have the ability, you can grasp the concepts in physics but if you don't, you can't force it down your throat to try and understand it.

But he's a bit insane so don't worry :)

I'd say if you really like it, do it. There is potential!

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
Someone I know told me that for physics, if you get it, you get it. If you don't get it, you don't. In other words if you have the ability, you can grasp the concepts in physics but if you don't, you can't force it down your throat to try and understand it.
had a crack at the past paper for physics haha no way got all of then questions wrong couldnt even answer the MC ones correctly i think ill probally pass thanks though

suzlee

HSC
TBK11 said:
had a crack at the past paper for physics haha no way got all of then questions wrong couldnt even answer the MC ones correctly i think ill probally pass thanks though

But you haven't even learnt any of it??? You're still in Y10???
No one would expect you to get any of it right. Was it an HSC paper?

koizora

HSC
N/A
need help!!

hi all!
i need your all helps...
do Economics and IT Vet scale UAI up or not??
and do i get extra marks for HSC if i'm international student???
does anyone know???
thanxxx

rah-rah-2491

HSC
well i've done 4 sciences altogether... i was accelerated in year 9 and as a result did my chem HSC last year...i wasn't too pleased with the result so i dropped that and picked up easy senior science, along with my bio and earth and environmental science courses. Science comes naturally to me... i love it... don't choose 3 if you don't love science!

=] hope that helped a bit!

kangms

HSC
Re: need help!!

koizora said:
hi all!
i need your all helps...
does anyone know???
thanxxx
It Vet doesn't really scale u much. It's an easy subject and easy exam. All you got to do is memorise, so it's not a good scaler. However, you get cert 2 in IT though. Looks abit better in your resume. That's why i chose it

bogdanovs

HSC
Don't do science just for the sake of scaling. I only did chemistry but dropped it as soon as i could. If your not really into it then you will really regret it.

Better to do subjects that you enjoy and then kick ass in them (Ancient History for me:)) That way scaling does not matter.

koizora

HSC
N/A

kangms said:
It Vet doesn't really scale u much. It's an easy subject and easy exam. All you got to do is memorise, so it's not a good scaler. However, you get cert 2 in IT though. Looks abit better in your resume. That's why i chose it
but yesterday! my teacher told us that IT VET is the most scaling subject than others.....

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
It's a relative strength, in your case, yeah? o_O
Your school is stupid.
Bitch to the Board of Studies iff (if and only if) you want to -- bitch, and/or do three sciences.

School's shouldn't be able to bully students into picking shit they don't want to do; or, not supposedly 'being able' to pick whatever they want.
Unless it's some little-taught subject, or not offered one.
My school isn't stupid, they let people choose all three sciences if that's what they want. What I was saying was that if the kids who get themselves into that mess complain about it to me, I won't be listening.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

koizora said:
hi all!
i need your all helps...
does anyone know???
thanxxx
For IT VET I don't think it scales too well but for economics I think if you do good it gets scaled up a lot, which is the reason why I'm doing it..

As for a HSC Bonus or UAI bonus I think for some courses from UNSW you can get entry if your UAI is up to 5 points below the cut off for that year..

I read this on the UNSW website for Bachelor of Economics, I think and you can also receive up to 5 point bonus for doing well at mathematics or doing extension mathematics or something and same for english.

But overall I think for bonus u'll have to find out or check the websites for the Uni's and as for the subjects like I said I think economics would scale a lot comparing to IT VET.

HSC
(I know I'm a bit late for this forum lol, BUT)
I did Bio, Chem and Physics in yr 11 and Bio and Chem overlapped, but now I have dropped Physics and I picked up Senior, which has HEAPS of overlaps from Bio and Chem, mainly Chem though.

Anyways, what did you end up doing... Did you do all 3 Sciences?

TBK11

HSC
(I know I'm a bit late for this forum lol, BUT)
I did Bio, Chem and Physics in yr 11 and Bio and Chem overlapped, but now I have dropped Physics and I picked up Senior, which has HEAPS of overlaps from Bio and Chem, mainly Chem though.

Anyways, what did you end up doing... Did you do all 3 Sciences?
na i wasn't strong in physics so i went with Legal just to add a bit of balance and yer your about 4 or so months late lol but yeh i rekon doing Senior Science would help in Biology and Chemistry since S.S is all three of them but i herd that its Really poor in scaling like Really poor worse then general maths apparently

but i dont think Physics relates to biology in anyway

HSC
na i wasn't strong in physics so i went with Legal just to add a bit of balance and yer your about 4 or so months late lol but yeh i rekon doing Senior Science would help in Biology and Chemistry since S.S is all three of them but i herd that its Really poor in scaling like Really poor worse then general maths apparently

but i dont think Physics relates to biology in anyway
Yeah, thats true but if you go consistently well in it, you can still get a good mark out of it.
(and yes, physics pretty much has nothing to do with bio lol)

HSC
id much rather die than do chem or physics tbh. lol.
but i do bio & i can tell you it has nothing at all to do with physics. like 0%!!
it may have a little bit of chem, like molecules or whatever joining together but its not too bad. if i can get it, anyone can :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)