Doing HSC through OTEN (1 Viewer)

chryslerregal

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm only new here, just wanted to know if there are any other members who are doing their HSC via OTEN (correspondence)?

I started year 11 halfway through 2006,

I've Finished: Biology, Chemistry, Adv English and PDHPE
and have until November to finish: Mathematics and Earth & Env. Science.

I have some serious work to do, I'm finding the Maths and Chemistry (especially the maths!) fairly challenging. Its so hard trying to do all this work and finish on time with a 2year old daughter to look after as well!!

anyway, if anyone has any advice or anything they wanna let me know, then feel free!!

CYa

P

pLuvia

OTEN is education through correspondance, like through tafe.

Maths: Just continually do practice questions, revise areas you are challenged in and you should gradually improve

Chemistry: Follow the syllabus dot point guidelines and try to answer all of them. Don't just rote learn, try and understand the information

Good Luck

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I know people doing a course via correspondence, but not the entire HSC. For maths, just do a lot of questions on areas you are weak in and a few questions on areas you are strong in until you feel confident in it. Good luck :)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Welcome to BOS Chryslerregal.

I've heard that you'd get work either through the mail or the net or something, would that actually be harder because you haven't got a teacher like literally showing you the work?

Btw, all the best in balancing school with a little kiddlywink. I live with a 2 year old too, bleh, they're monstrous critters.

chryslerregal

HSC
lol, yeah with OTEN they send you your work in the mail. so basically I've just got 6 big folders with all the different subjects in them. Yes it is very hard trying to teach it to yourself without a teacher to explain things first. Like, you dont know if you've made a mistake somewhere until you've done it on assignment, but anyway........

Zephyrio

HSC
Wow! That's really wonderful that you're trying to get a UAI (I presume) while you're with a two year old!

Good luck!

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I'm only doing correspondence with one of my subjects - Japanese Continuers. But I can't imagine doing ALL my subjects by correspondence... I'm very lazy so it's a surprise that I actually get my work done =O I think a lot of determination and self discipline is required for correspondence so keep up the work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)