Doing more than 4 subjects? (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, it looks certain that I've failed environmental health law, getting a raw final mark of 46, I might get a conceeded pass, but i doubt it. But if I want to do 5 subjects next semester, so I can graduate on time, do I need to get the course co-ordinators approval to do 5 subjects?

= Jennifer =

HSC
by your post, you state that these are your raw marks, if this is so, do not forget they are moderated to scaling.

Also I am pretty sure that university policy makes you do only 3 subjects if you failed one the previous semester cause I know someone who failed 2 subjects in the first semester and they said he could only do three the following.

A good idea would be to call up your course advisor and ask before tutorial registration commences

Goodluck :)

j_davo24

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
Also I am pretty sure that university policy makes you do only 3 subjects if you failed one the previous semester cause I know someone who failed 2 subjects in the first semester and they said he could only do three the following.
I think it depends on the co-ordinator for the course more than anything. But you definitely don't only do three the following semester as a policy. I had a friend who failed one unit and is still doing four units this semester.

He wasn't allowed to do five though.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, the problem is that my course co-ordinator is the equivalent of the devil :p

Jen - if you fail 50% of all subjects in one semester then you are required to do 2 or 3 subjects.

I haven't failed any subject in 2 1/2 years at being at uni, so I should be able to do 5, if not, I'll just transfer into the new course.

Captain Obvious - if you fail a core, you have to repeat that core, either next semester or next year, whenever its run. As for electives, I'm pretty sure that you can choose another elective to replace it.

klh

HSC
you need to consult your head of program:

What is the excess credit point rule?

The excess credit point rule will restrict you from enrolling in more than a standard full-time load, which is 40 credit points per session. This is so that you do not overload yourself without first gaining approval from your head of program.

from http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/enrolments/enrolmentrequirements

so according to the devil than, you would be damned to an eternity?
unless you can get him/her to sign the rule waiver form.

you know, it sucks now thay they are restriting our freedoms to add more work to our workload, too many forms to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)