Doing the end of semester exams earlier...? (1 Viewer)

Lacquer

HSC
My parents have been trying to book a trip overseas for the family, but the problem is the tours overlap with the tail end of the semester 1 exam period (specifically, by 2 days). Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm wondering if I happen to have an exam on one of those days whether I could just ask to do the exam slightly earlier... is that possible?

madharris

HSC
N/A
My parents have been trying to book a trip overseas for the family, but the problem is the tours overlap with the tail end of the semester 1 exam period (specifically, by 2 days). Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm wondering if I happen to have an exam on one of those days whether I could just ask to do the exam slightly earlier... is that possible?
It's possible to do your exam on a later date (due to things such as illness and misadventure) however I don't think you'd get permission to do an exam later because of a holiday.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt they'll consider giving you any concession for holidays.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Unlikely and even more unlikely that its for a holiday.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
That being said, you won't know if you have an exam scheduled on those days until later during semester.

Lacquer

HSC
That being said, you won't know if you have an exam scheduled on those days until later during semester.
Yeah, that's the problem. It's too big of a risk to go book those dates, only to realise later on in the semester I've got exams. I guess I'm just gonna pick another date.

Damn. The thing about Beijing is that it gets so hot in summer, even the tour companies don't wanna go to work. That's why they're so impractical on the dates they offer. There's like a two week space between each tour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)