• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

done my 1st 2u year 12 (1 Viewer)

DcSk

HSC
Im in an accelerated program for maths, where I (along with 15 othera ) do maths 1 yea ahead of our grade. Right now Im in roll over and done my 1st year 12 2u (3u tommorow), and blundered it.... half of my mistakes where because I forgot to read the question properly, simple calculation errors, etc. Does anyone know any tips to improve my concentration, like doing past papers (dont know where to find them..). Also what text books should I use? I use cambridge but I find it's not really applying the concept, more just remembering it, and how much raw mark it will the test be?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i would recommend the success one series. they're excellent for revision. it really is just a matter of practise to get rid of those silly mistakes, but in the end we are all human and we make these small mistakes, even the 4U students - i remember i forgot how to differentate after all the 4U integration lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
i would recommend the success one series. they're excellent for revision. it really is just a matter of practise to get rid of those silly mistakes, but in the end we are all human and we make these small mistakes, even the 4U students - i remember i forgot how to differentate after all the 4U integration lol
Just.....no.

That would only happen to rote learners.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Im in an accelerated program for maths, where I (along with 15 othera ) do maths 1 yea ahead of our grade. Right now Im in roll over and done my 1st year 12 2u (3u tommorow), and blundered it.... half of my mistakes where because I forgot to read the question properly, simple calculation errors, etc. Does anyone know any tips to improve my concentration, like doing past papers (dont know where to find them..). Also what text books should I use? I use cambridge but I find it's not really applying the concept, more just remembering it, and how much raw mark it will the test be?
To improve concentration: DON'T multi-task because it reduces short-term memory, so whatever u are doing, do it properly and only think about it, dont think about other things

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't just remember the solution , ask yourself "do I really know why they did it".

DcSk

HSC
I constantly ask myself "why" on questions, problem is cambridge doesnt have in-depth explanations or worked solutions. Im planning to buy text books such as terry, fitz and series and a tonne of past papers. Does anyone know how much percantage does the test weigh?(but im guessing different schools have different percentages)

tashe

HSC
N/A
Phoenix 3u/4u books.
I second that. For topic tests/early assessments where there are only specific topics in the test, I would the phoenix books. It's easier than the success ones as it's actually sorted by topic (not with an index like success one).

OP, if I was in your situation, what I would do is just practice more. That is, do more exam questions (if capable, do it with a time limit). Make sure you mark it and remember where your mistakes are. After a few mistakes, see what they have in common, and be more cautious the next time you see them.

And good luck in your 3u exam today, if you go online this early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)