Don't ban the beaver! (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23358686-421,00.html

A TAMPON company may be forced to cancel TV ads that show an attractive, young woman going about her day with a beaver in tow.

The Kotex advertisement, rated M and broadcast only after 8.30pm, features a woman and her pet beaver eating lunch, having their nails done, at the hairdresser, and being gawked at by men on a beach.

The ad ends with a voice-over: "You've only got one. So for the ultimate care down there, make it U." The woman then hands a packet of Kotex tampons to the beaver as a gift.

The Advertising Standards Bureau in Canberra received a "large number" of complaints as soon as the ad aired on Sunday - the day after International Women's Day.
What the hell is wrong with everybody.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm a misogynist.

boris

Banned
HSC
It's not even offensive in the least. The only reason they would use beaver is because I can imagine the volume of complaints if they used vagina.

The shock and the horror.

boris

Banned
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
It's tasteless.
It's a female hygiene ad. Exactly what level of decorum do you expect?

Jess007

HSC
when people stop using beaver they'll stop using the word cunt

that word is ridiculous!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think people don't like to be reminded that women have vaginas and periods. It's like those painkiller ads "I get headaches, back ache, monthly pain.." Shya random monthly pain that happens for no reason.
Or that ad where the girl explains what the ridges on the pad are for and the guy grimaces and very much wishes she didn't explain it.

VAGINAVAGINAVAGINA! UTERUS! PERIOD!

It's a beaver puppet. Puppetry of the Penis actually exists, go complain about that.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
scarybunny said:
I think people don't like to be reminded that women have vaginas and periods. It's like those painkiller ads "I get headaches, back ache, monthly pain.." Shya random monthly pain that happens for no reason.
Or that ad where the girl explains what the ridges on the pad are for and the guy grimaces and very much wishes she didn't explain it.

VAGINAVAGINAVAGINA! UTERUS! PERIOD!

It's a beaver puppet. Puppetry of the Penis actually exists, go complain about that.
EXACTLY

also, i thought the beaver ad was awesome.

vagina vagina vagina

boris

Banned
HSC
flappinghippo said:
I just don't believe in something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die
No, it's;

I don't trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dunno, normally i'm pretty liberal with these kinda things, but even I found the ad to be in poor taste, i wouldnt call it offensive per se, i just get uneasy about the slang term beaver

god though, at least they didnt have her walking around with a pussy cat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)