Don't know which to drop, Business or Design and Technology (1 Viewer)

lola_ruby

HSC
I'm really struggling in deciding which subject to drop for year 12, theres either:
- Business Studies which I find to be extremely boring but easy to get 80s and 90s, but recently for my yearly I found business super hard to study for because of my boredom of the subject which will bring my marks down.
- Design and Technology which I find is super fun and easy to get 80s and 90s BUT it scales super bad and I am anxious about the time needed to complete a major project (Pls tell me if I don't procrastinate and do the project and portfolio during holidays its not that time consuming and stressful)

Overall, I heavily decided between the both of them with the main factor being scaling. The degree that I want doesn't matter in relation to my choice, however I am aiming for a 89 atar so I want to increase my chances of getting it.

Thankssssss :)

carrotsss

HSC
Finding a subject fun and being willing to study it makes a much bigger difference than any scaling - the point of scaling is to make it fair no matter what subjects you do as long as you put in the same effort. I’d say drop business.

SASH_06_X

HSC
I don't do senior Design and Tech, but I did do it in Y10 and I can tell you firsthand that if you complete your major projects over the holidays, you'll not run out of time, which obviously takes the stress factor out of it. If you really don't find business interesting then it'll just drag your overall mark down in the long run since progressively you'll only find it harder to find motivation to do well in a subject you find boring. So in my opinion you should drop business.

Last edited:

anonymoususer42134

HSC
drop Design & technology unless you already have a clear idea for what you want your major design project to be

Yueyue

HSC
I recommend dropping the subject you enjoy least simply because you are less likely to lose motivation

HSC
i was going through the same stuggle i ended updropping business even though i got 98 percent in business in my prelims because it was way to boaring

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I found business kinda fun 😳my teacher was so good I saw him at my brother's grad last yr and my emotions were emotioning also for 2 years I sat next to the same friend during business and I only looked forward to business bcz of this 🤩 very core memories

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I found business kinda fun 😳my teacher was so good I saw him at my brother's grad last yr and my emotions were emotioning also for 2 years I sat next to the same friend during business and I only looked forward to business bcz of this 🤩 very core memories
the only memories i have of business is me sleeping in class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)