Double Take (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It was better than TV Burp that followed though. I think Double Take shows promise. The first episode wasn't the best, but it marks the return of Australian sketch, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

HSC
but it marks the return of Australian sketch, so I'm willing to give it a shot.
That's why I gave it a go, and it had that guy from comedy inc, the guy who parodies Kevin Rudd. These sketch shows usually have their best jokes at the start of the season but I found the episode pretty poor.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The Kevin song was good in part, but they really needed to go over the lyrics a couple more times. I though the seige parking inspector sketch was good. And a few of the really short sketches had some good material.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
It was lol.

Seriously.

Loved Comedy INC when it got really dark.

HSC
The Kevin song was good in part, but they really needed to go over the lyrics a couple more times. I though the seige parking inspector sketch was good. And a few of the really short sketches had some good material.
Yeah true. The long sketches that just went on is what annoyed me about it.

But you know what, I'll give it another go this week.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
This show was okay. Sort of like a shorter, not-as-funny version of Comedy Inc. during its earlier seasons.

That Paul McCarthy's pretty good at impersonations, though.

lychnobity

HSC
I found it lolworthy in the first 15-20 mins. Then it started to get stupid, which is when I turned it off.

The housemum segment was pretty good imo.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Sort of like a shorter, not-as-funny version of Comedy Inc. during its earlier seasons.
Comedy Inc started pretty badly IMO. It wasn't until later seasons that they began to find their footing. I thought SkitHOUSE was strong from the start though.

HSC
That Paul McCarthy's pretty good at impersonations, though.
Yes he is.

Comedy Inc started pretty badly IMO. It wasn't until later seasons that they began to find their footing. I thought SkitHOUSE was strong from the start though.
IMO I thought Comedy Inc was at its prime when it first started, and slowly declined.

rozymisty

HSC
I didnt watch it but from the ads, i feel its just previous ch 7 sketch shows reformatted and called a different name but pretty much with the same cast.......

Plenty more funnier people out there. But i have to say the impersonations are hilarious, hehe just cackling to myself remembering Le ching way (?) hehe

oh is chris lilley on it? He gives me the shits big time!! I find him the most irritatng person on tv,,...more so than those stupid subway commercials, and they REALLY piss me off!

HSC
oh is chris lilley on it? He gives me the shits big time!! I find him the most irritatng person on tv,,...more so than those stupid subway commercials, and they REALLY piss me off!
Nah hes not on it.

But according to foxtel magazine he's currently making his new show.

D4ni3l

HSC
DoubleTake is an okay show. Depending on what type of comedy you enjoy for example you could be the people who enjoy comedy that are played on the public (which I dont think is all to enjoyable since some may suffer from that experience) while others prefer Comedy Festivals and so on. DoubleTake is like the Chasers to be honest...

- Daniel

Last edited:
HSC
DoubleTake is like the Chasers to be honest...
- Daniel
Yes and No. The Chaser's sketch skits are better quality than Double Take.

I like sketch shows, but Double Take just seems to be pretty poor and predictable. But I am giving it another chance this week!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Episode was alright. Song had better lyrics. Material seems a little dated. Good enough to keep watching. I'll basically watch the entire block from Amazing Race to American Dad.

binary star

HSC
Episode was alright. Song had better lyrics. Material seems a little dated. Good enough to keep watching. I'll basically watch the entire block from Amazing Race to American Dad.
It is relatively decent.

The entire block? Even that reality show?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
True Beauty? It's no beauty and the geek, but its actually quite entertaining.

HSC
N/A
Pretty bollocks that show.
They should just play Full Frontal instead. Much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)