• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dr du demotion/promotion (1 Viewer)

dawn_13

HSC
hii so i just started dr du and i’m currently in y10 a3. i was wondering how the demotion/promotion system works.

to pass the weekly quiz do you have to get over 50% or is the pass mark based on the class average? i’m pretty sure it’s that if you fail three quizzes you move down right? also does the first quiz results of the year count if you haven’t done dr du in the previous year??

how much do you need to move up a class? is this a set percentage or is it also based on class average??

thanks y’all

JiffyVFX

HSC
4 strike policy, immediate demotion if you get 4 fails e.g. absent, quiz fail incl non attempt, homework etc. you can also get termly demotion if your term average is below 60 percent for a2/a3 or 65 percent for a1 or bottom 10% of cohort. tho usually the bottom 10 percent are already below 60 percent.

promotion: 2 conditions to get promoted. 1. promoted if you get a quiz average of 90 or above after they remove the quiz score with the highest and lowest mark. They also dont count quizes when your late e.g. makeup oor online ones into your average. 2. Of those that get 90 or above the top 5-10 percent get promoted depending on class schedules and vacancies etc.

am like 90 percent sure they dont count your first quiz, it should be fine tho becasue they remove your lowest score and highest score when calculating average so if you get really bad it wont affect your average.

also idk if you know but theres hints in the desktop version of the dr du app to help with homework :p
i didnt know this whewn i started and homework took me very long since i started in the middl e of a topic :(

dawn_13

HSC
4 strike policy, immediate demotion if you get 4 fails e.g. absent, quiz fail incl non attempt, homework etc. you can also get termly demotion if your term average is below 60 percent for a2/a3 or 65 percent for a1 or bottom 10% of cohort. tho usually the bottom 10 percent are already below 60 percent.

promotion: 2 conditions to get promoted. 1. promoted if you get a quiz average of 90 or above after they remove the quiz score with the highest and lowest mark. They also dont count quizes when your late e.g. makeup oor online ones into your average. 2. Of those that get 90 or above the top 5-10 percent get promoted depending on class schedules and vacancies etc.

am like 90 percent sure they dont count your first quiz, it should be fine tho becasue they remove your lowest score and highest score when calculating average so if you get really bad it wont affect your average.

also idk if you know but theres hints in the desktop version of the dr du app to help with homework :p
i didnt know this whewn i started and homework took me very long since i started in the middl e of a topic :(
oh okay!! tysm

Test-king12

HSC
hii so i just started dr du and i’m currently in y10 a3. i was wondering how the demotion/promotion system works.

to pass the weekly quiz do you have to get over 50% or is the pass mark based on the class average? i’m pretty sure it’s that if you fail three quizzes you move down right? also does the first quiz results of the year count if you haven’t done dr du in the previous year??

how much do you need to move up a class? is this a set percentage or is it also based on class average??

thanks y’all
get out of the dr du rat race man

yuqiismyidol

HSC

wait I hv a question, sorry I'm late to the discussion but does dr du use the same hw/quizzes every year cus rn I'm doing accelerated course there but I'm repeating next term for the year 10 course (they start yr 11 3u) and I was wondering if its gonna be too repetitive (pls note last time I did the course I was in a2, ill be now doing it in a1)

moonsuyoung

eng hater 101
HSC
wait I hv a question, sorry I'm late to the discussion but does dr du use the same hw/quizzes every year cus rn I'm doing accelerated course there but I'm repeating next term for the year 10 course (they start yr 11 3u) and I was wondering if its gonna be too repetitive (pls note last time I did the course I was in a2, ill be now doing it in a1)
I'm not too sure but I know that different days get different quizzes so no cheating, so most likely you will get a different one.

If you understand the content, I don't really think it's a good idea to go back, considering the price as well and time (opportunity cost) but instead, just buy some resources instead.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Can you continue it as an accelerant w/o telling them you've moved back to the normal stream? hw has been the same since like 2020

yuqiismyidol

HSC
Can you continue it as an accelerant w/o telling them you've moved back to the normal stream? hw has been the same since like 2020
no but they changed the course like they added networks for year 10 which is a completely new topic so wouldn't learning at the normal pace be better cus I'm learning w ppl my age and ngl the first time I did the 3u course for year 11 I barely understood like my avgs were 85 and 94 in a2 and then 91 and around 80 (this term) for a1 so like I thought it'd be better if I repeat

yuqiismyidol

HSC
I'm not too sure but I know that different days get different quizzes so no cheating, so most likely you will get a different one.

If you understand the content, I don't really think it's a good idea to go back, considering the price as well and time (opportunity cost) but instead, just buy some resources instead.
the main thing is i don't rlly understand the content esp cus for a1 year 11 3u i hv the dr du and he yaps abt physics and other useless stuff and does like one example question in a 2 hr 45 minute lesson that he also conveniently goes overtime by an hour in

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
the main thing is i don't rlly understand the content esp cus for a1 year 11 3u i hv the dr du and he yaps abt physics and other useless stuff and does like one example question in a 2 hr 45 minute lesson that he also conveniently goes overtime by an hour in
No, not really. You have the opportunity to speedrun 3U and then refine from there. Significantly more beneficial than redoing terms worth of content for the sake of doing content with people your age. My school for example literally relies on math accelerants to carry their rankings each year. The only thing with it is that you NEED to make some sacrifice to other subjects in order to survive in the course. I for one learnt this the hard way, butttt as you are currently in yr 10 I think there's 0 point in repeating as you have heaps of time to work on your exam skills and how you can organise assessments. Your averages are good asw. In certain terms they scale marks as well since some topics are obviously harder to grasp conceptually than others. + think about the money you'd waste doing that. You're in yr 10, you should at least take this as an opportunity to get experience on what a hsc task would entail- ie the general environment of an assessment task for prelims/hsc
- sorry for the rant 😭

Last edited:

yuqiismyidol

HSC
No, not really. You have the opportunity to speedrun 3U and then refine from there. Significantly more beneficial than redoing terms worth of content for the sake of doing content with people your age. My school for example literally relies on math accelerants to carry their rankings each year. The only thing with it is that you NEED to make some sacrifice to other subjects in order to survive in the course. I for one learnt this the hard way, butttt as you are currently in yr 10 I think there's 0 point in repeating as you have heaps of time to work on your exam skills and how you can organise assessments. Your averages are good asw. In certain terms they scale marks as well since some topics are obviously harder to grasp conceptually than others. + think about the money you'd waste doing that. You're in yr 10, you should at least take this as an opportunity to get experience on what a hsc task would entail- ie the general environment of an assessment task for prelims/hsc
- sorry for the rant 😭
we already paid for the year 10 course (they start year 11 3u next term) so basically rediong a year

Dominator.

HSC

Regarding the 4 strike policy, do video lessons count as ‘absences.’

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)