Dr Du vs Matrix? (1 Viewer)

ArcRain

HSC
I am an accelerated student in yr 10 taking 4u math hsc this year. I'm currently taking Dr Du education and I kinda want to switch to a more 'formal' tuition. I am looking for in depth exploration of the syllabus and strong competition. Should I stay in dr du or switch to matrix? (p.s. I have dr du himself teaching me and i find his teaching rather slow: rigorously proving already proven facts etc. I just kinda feel like he's wasting time)

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I am an accelerated student in yr 9 taking 4umath hsc this year. I'm currently taking Dr Du education and I kinda want to switch to a more 'formal' tuition. I am looking for in depth exploration of the syllabus and strong competition. Should I stay in dr du or switch to matrix? (p.s. I have dr du himself teaching me and i find his teaching rather slow: rigorously proving already proven facts etc. I just kinda feel like he's wasting time)
For students like you who are obviously ahead of others in Mathematics I would recommend staying at Dr Du. Doing 4U in year 9 is no easy thing and it shows your highly capable. Matrix won’t cater as much to your ability as much as Dr Du would imo.

ArcRain

HSC
For students like you who are obviously ahead of others in Mathematics I would recommend staying at Dr Du. Doing 4U in year 9 is no easy thing and it shows your highly capable. Matrix won’t cater as much to your ability as much as Dr Du would imo.
thanks for the advice, but for clarity I am doing 4u in yr 10, and yr 9 was for 3u

ultra908

HSC
I'm sure Dr du is faster than matrix at moving through content, plus their qs r much harder. Proving things you use is never a bad thing either.

If you really feel dr du is still slowing you down, perhaps a private tutor?

dumNerd

HSC
stay at dr du. if u think dr du is slow... wouldnt recommnd matrix which is aimed at a wider range of students (as in its not aimed at only highly capable students like dr du)
Wait I forgot were u the dude that dmed me about resources to trade

dumNerd

HSC
agreed, all my friends ditched matrix cause it was too 'slow' and now theyre at dr du and apparently its a lot better if u want to be pushed that little bit more. and the top math students in my school all go du and ngo.
ruse

s97127

HSC
Why drdu is so expensive? It costs $1930 and $1560 for math ext 2 and 1, respectively. Is it really worth the money? Hard problems can be found for free on the internet easily.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Why drdu is so expensive? It costs $1930 and $1560 for math ext 2 and 1, respectively. Is it really worth the money? Hard problems can be found for free on the internet easily.
Hard problems are never easy to locate via the web. The prices are most likely high as they cover lots of content, and additionally cater for harder problems. Hard questions on the web may be misleading, not relevant, etc.

s97127

HSC
Hard problems are never easy to locate via the web. The prices are most likely high as they cover lots of content, and additionally cater for harder problems. Hard questions on the web may be misleading, not relevant, etc.
Is dr du's quiz harder than his homework?
I've asked a few students who has finished hsc and went dr du, they said that dr du's problems are not relevant to hsc either. I'm very confused now.

idkkdi

HSC
supply and demand

idkkdi

HSC
Instead of going dr du, can i just do past papers a still have the same results?
It would take more time. On top of Cambridge u might want to do terry Lee where du gets a lot of his problems from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)