Dr Who (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
aww, i love rose <3
and martha is a bit too dipsy, though she'll get there i'm sure

jordie

HSC
I'm a Rose fan, but uh, kinda glad they did that cause they got rid of her mother and mickey. Martha's family doesn't seem as annnoying. I can live with it. As long as David Tennant stays put for a while, I think it'll be great.

I've got every episode, but only on computer. I'm going to be buying me some DVDs tho! When I can get around to it... and gather together my pennies.

To those with DVDs, do they have many extras?

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
with Rose they fleshed her out far too much. Doctor companions don't need to be as developed as she had become. Plus the role got to Billie Piper's head: she says she wants to be the first female Doctor Who........ keep on dreaming girl! I'm not being sexist, but seriously... a woman playing Doctor Who?! To be honest I COULD actually see it happening, but not with Billie Piper, it'd have to be an older woman, it'd have to be a William Hartnell type older Doctor, sort of in the same vein as Miss Marple... I hope I'm making sense?

persephone

HSC
I couldn't see Billie as a female Doctor. Yeah, it'd have to be someone older but no too old.

So a week to go till "The Runaway Bride".

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
its a very very good episode :D
make sure you don't miss it

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i actually thought it was a bit eh :S
but it'll get everyone back in the mood (if you can ever get out of it) :D

persephone

HSC
Catherine Tate is hilarious in it but I mean it's not completely necessary to watch it but yes it'll get you in a DW mood.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I just watched the Christmas special. It wasn't bad, not as good as the other episodes though. I was a big Rose fan actually, one of my lecturers used to make references to the relationship between rose and the 9th Doctor (Christopher) so we would get completely off topic discussing it.

Anyway, can't wait for the new series. It has a lot to live upto, since the last two have been superb.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
em_516 said:
so..no one's commented on martha..
what do you think?
I didn't mind her at all, although I hope they don't do the same 'She grows discontented with her home life and her stupid boyfriend' thing that they did with Rose and appear to be doing with Gwen in Torchwood. Wasn't a particularly good episode in terms of plot, but I'm willing to forgive them that because they had to fit in a lot of introductory material.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
mm, that one wasn't the best ep ever, but yeh, had to do intro stuff
next week is better imo :D (that's as far as i've seen..i want to watch it each week on tv haha)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I thought Martha was pretty good. I think the season has potential, in fact, I accidently stumbled across a spoiler elsewhere on the net, so I know it will be good.

persephone

HSC
I like Martha as the new companion. I really liked the whole tie thing in the beginning of the ep. Apparently, when they were first conceiving the character of Martha she was supposed to be from like 1913 rather than the present.

"Smith and Jones" had 928 000 viewers and was the 7th most watched programme on Saturday night.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
persephone said:
Apparently, when they were first conceiving the character of Martha she was supposed to be from like 1913 rather than the present.
ooh, that would've been cool..have they ever done anything like that before though? :S

persephone

HSC
Yeah, it would have been good to have a companion that wasn't from the present day.

Just watching DW. Harry Potter references: "Wait til you read the 7th book. I cried."

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha, love that bit..but mostly 'SHUT YOUR BIG FAT MOUTHS' :D
i can't believe they've never thought to use someone from the past? :S

faceface

HSC
oh man, i do love the doctor.
i think martha is pretty good, better than rose, that's for sure!!
i'm achingly jealous of her, of course. she's heaps pretty as well. damn her!!!!

i loved the lazarus experiment. one of the best so far i think. a friend has them all from england but i'm watching them with the fam on tv... oh the temptation!

daleks in manhattan second episode was... kind of dreadful. but i still loved it. because its the doctor. and the doctor rules all.

lazarus - back from the dead! i should have known...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)