Dr Who (1 Viewer)

lucidassembly

HSC
Come on guys, keep up with the news! The Eleventh Doctor was confirmed a little while ago as Matt Smith.

While he seems to be a little young and a bit too much like Tennant, I think he shows promise :)

Pics: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ThreePlusTuesday/matt_smith.jpg + http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/anna-kin/matt_smith.jpg + http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/orlandoshaped/doctorwho/eleven/matt03.jpg

Press Release: BBC - Doctor Who - News

Interview: Matt Smith: The Next Dr. Who | Filmonic

Info: BBC - Doctor Who - News Story

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ugh, I saw this. Fucking ugly as. And I saw him in a small interview, dunno if it's one there, and he was like "Yeh David Tennant made the role his own.." implying that he's gonna change it. Man if this child isn't able to pull off witty, I quit :(

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
while I am devastated to see DT leave I am willing to give the new guy a chance....
I haven't seen him act (although i remember in hindsight that he did have sex with Billie Piper on 'diary of a call girl')
have to wait till 2010! (how far away that seems!)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
cait33 said:
I haven't seen him act (although i remember in hindsight that he did have sex with Billie Piper on 'diary of a call girl')
Which one was he? Was he the kid in the wheelchair because that's all I think of when I think of who he could've been on Secret Diary of a Call Girl.

karoooh

HSC
No way; he couldn't have been wheelchair guy! That guy looked 15. :p

em_516

bludging..
HSC
So does this guy :(
Edit: Haha I just searched. He was some guy who Belle just picked up in some shop and he assumes she's a masseuse coz of her setup at home. Then he hangs around the house for an age so she calls Ben to get him to pretend to be her bf so that he'll go away. Rejected :D

Last edited:

Random_dude

HSC
true, but the shoes are rather large to fill. i mean, david tennant is freakin' awesome.

also, did you know christopher eccleston and david tennant both played hamlet in the play "hamlet". different productions, but same role.

Linxthesontaran

HSC
true, but the shoes are rather large to fill. i mean, david tennant is freakin' awesome.
they said the same thing when tom baker took over from jon pertwee in the 60's. And Tom baker bacame the most renowned actor to play the part. Hopefully Matt Smith will do the same.

Steven Moffat picked Matt Smith when he was hoping for an older actor. Matt Smith must have done something pretty good to make him change his mind.

samwell

HSC
just saw DT regeneration, i saw the 11th doctor and from what i saw he is alright. Am not too concerened about DT leaving though he made a good doctor but Tom Baker and CE(ninth doctor) were my favourite doctors. I saw DT first but if you watch more than 1 episode with CE he grows on you.
I hate people who say negative things about Matt without seeing him playing the role but an idiotic opinion is still an opinion and i have to respect that but give the guy a frickin chance.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I'm more excited about the new writer.
I just thought that RTD's plotlines became worse and worse.

Though, I'm heaps excited for Matt Smith. The S5 Trailer looks awesome; lets hope the new companion will also impress.

akrinis

HSC
I love this show. My favorite episodes were, 'Blink' 'Midnight' and 'Last of Time Lords'.

If there was ever a female doctor, it would have to be Doctor Donna! I'm sooo upset that the writers did that to Donna.... I thought the way they had her memory erased was so cruel... :(

David Tenant was so much fun on the show. Master x Doctor forever!

Andi0390

HSC
I just saw this thread...

and I had to share my saddness of the last episode. I like cried at the end when he said "I don't want to go" or something like that. It was also terribly sad how he went to see Rose before he want, I was always a sucker for the whole Doctor/Rose thing. I'm looking forward to the new Doctor and his new assistant looks sweet but I'll miss Tennant, and the Master, I thought he was great in that last episode.

travelinchick07

HSC
I am rather looking forward to see what some one so young will bring to the role. I really loved DT, however the characterisation towards the end of trying to get out of the inevitable annoyed me - all the other Doctors just accepted it, and I understand they weren't given the warning, but still.

I can't wait for him to finally become ginger!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)